Football
Sponsored by

I guarantee there will be more defectors from the team in the next two games.

20,646 Views | 171 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Quinton
SicThe12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is a sinking ship, and the kids are going to jump off.
PartyBear
If that starts happening the plug needs to be pulled after this season. The only argument for a season 2 at this point is if the 18 class holds together.
Boatshoes
I don't know how many more players will just quit in the next six weeks but it's almost certain that recruits are going to defect and there will be transfers at the end of the season.
SicThe12
Applemac_G4 said:

I don't know how many more players will just quit in the next six weeks but it's almost certain that recruits are going to defect and there will be transfers at the end of the season.
During the game the announcers said we spent our bye week being physical and hitting. While Okie lite rested. Our players aren't dumb, they know what bye weeks are like it's either back to mini training camp, or a chance to recoupe and get your legs back. Rhule chose training camp. And we went out there and got MURDERED. No doubt the whole time Rhule was telling them this will help them compete, now they see that's not the case, I know frustration has to be overflowing.
Boatshoes
No doubt Rhule is the most incompetent coach in P5 right now. He is channeling strategies right out of the 70s
JusHappy2BeHere
On the bright side we can look forward to visiting fans from SFA and Sam telling us that we have the best stadium in the conference.
marco
PartyBear said:

If that starts happening the plug needs to be pulled after this season. The only argument for a season 2 at this point is if the 18 class holds together.
You give this pile of **** to a coach who wants to win and tell him he only has one year. Stupid ****ing comments are not stopping soon.
YoakDaddy
marco said:

PartyBear said:

You give this pile of **** to a coach who wants to win and tell him he only has one year. Stupid ****ing comments are not stopping soon.

0-12, if we end up that way, is worse in the long term than keeping him around. Sometimes you gotta cut bait since he's actually proving his schemes don't work in this conference. Some could argue that he's made this current pile of dog shlt.
PartyBear
The players are good. One of the highest paid staffs in the country has turned out to be the pile.
marco
PartyBear said:

The players are good. One of the highest paid staffs in the country has turned out to be the pile.
You don't understand Baylor, at all. The head football coach will never be hired again for wins and losses. The first thing that will be in question is morals and how he will have the team conduct themselves. This is a gut and rebuild job. It's the same thing that Charlie Strong tried at UT. UT however is not a Christian school and so made their next hire a coach who cares about winning and losing. That will not be the case at Baylor. Get used to it. The publicity that was brought by "the scandal" has changed the mindset of those in power, permanently. You might as well find another team to cheer for. Your other options are 1)Keep *****ing or 2)Stop *****ing. But you're not getting a coach you want.

Probably not stated well but whatever. Baylor isn't a football school.
JusHappy2BeHere
marco said:

PartyBear said:

You don't understand Baylor, at all. The head football coach will never be hired again for wins and losses. The first thing that will be in question is morals and how he will have the team conduct themselves. This is a gut and rebuild job. It's the same thing that Charlie Strong tried at UT. UT however is not a Christian school and so made their next hire a coach who cares about winning and losing. That will not be the case at Baylor. Get used to it. The publicity that was brought by "the scandal" has changed the mindset of those in power, permanently. You might as well find another team to cheer for. Your other options are 1)Keep *****ing or 2)Stop *****ing. But you're not getting a coach you want.

the BOR narrative that Art Briles wasn't a moral man just boggles my mind...
John Hawk
marco said:

PartyBear said:

He was given a Ferrari. He put on mud tires that don't fit in the well and wonders why it won't move.
Boatshoes
marco said:

Probably not well stated... Baylor isn't a football school.
So what you're trying to say is "we are not an institution of football."
marco
Applemac_G4 said:

marco said:

Probably not well stated... Baylor isn't a football school.
So what you're trying to say is "we are not an institution of football."
Sometimes when people say things they mean what they've said. Dr. Garland wasn't just making platitudes for those outside of the bubble. He was announcing the new direction of Baylor. Hug your trophies and BXII Championship t-shirts, pass them down to the grandkids. Baylor would rather fail than not be seen in the "correct" light. In CFB winning means you're doing something sneaky/wrong. Ask the fans of any school about the winning programs, they'll tell you. Winners are cheaters.
Krieg
marco said:

PartyBear said:

You are likely onto something here and I haven't wanted to consider it as a legitimate possibility. If they're ok with losing the "right way" (not possible to me) then I wish they'd tell us as I'd bail completely.

Heck, if that's the case I long for realignment and hope the P4 break away without us because then I could pick a real team to root for in the real league and I could still cheer for Baylor in a league we may be able to compete in for the most part.
PartyBear
We don't have a blue blood budget to be doing that. We could do that with the same budget we had for religion department like did in the Beal days. I don't think y'all realize we just have incompetent idiots who hire incompetent people for big jobs. It's not intentional. In fact good football gives the Regents cover to do their shenanigans everywhere else. I don't think they realized they were killing their political cover when they ended the Briles eraagain due to wild incompetence. I thought it clear at the time Briles was creating cover for their crap like the alumni association. You can bet if someone sat down and explained everything they were getting away with because of good football and the Teflon that it was creating for them, they would have stopped with Ian or maybe even just at Starr. They want good big time football because of the politics of it for them. Rhule is not only not good political cover, he is the opposite he is exposing them as idiots. He is a liability to them big time right now and an expensive one at that.
BabaYaga
John Hawk said:

marco said:

PartyBear said:

He was given a Ferrari. He put on mud tires that don't fit in the well and wonders why it won't move.

W T F ?
BabaYaga
Krieg said:

marco said:

PartyBear said:

You are likely onto something here and I haven't wanted to consider it as a legitimate possibility. If they're ok with losing the "right way" (not possible to me) then I wish they'd tell us as I'd bail completely.

Heck, if that's the case I long for realignment and hope the P4 break away without us because then I could pick a real team to root for in the real league and I could still cheer for Baylor in a league we may be able to compete in for the most part.

Quite the fan base we have
xiledinok
Just like the TV show "Fixer Upper", Rhule came in and tore out everything. The house was in need of repair but not sure it needed complete a gut job.
There is going to be collateral damage among older players.
NoBSU
SicThe12 said:

This is a sinking ship, and the kids are going to jump off.
Why don't you defect. Seek asylum in Collie Station.
Dia del DougO
Yesterdays game was not the end of the world. The outcome was not against any long odds. There was a pretty good chance it was going to turn out like it did.

Baylor needs to show up in some games and get some confidence. They are capable of doing so. The coaching staff also needs to show they can adjust their plan and learn from their mistakes. Losses won't cause defections as much as deterioration. If these kinds of games become the norm then it's going to get a lot uglier on all fronts.

The team is still playing hard. But sometimes they're just way over-matched in some areas that opponents can exploit all day. I don't see them giving up yet. The next few games are crucial.
NoBSU
Krieg said:

marco said:

PartyBear said:

Hurry. Don't wait. Still lots of season left for you to get with a winner.
xiledinok
BabaYaga said:

John Hawk said:

marco said:

PartyBear said:

W T F ?
In his fantasy, there has to be a cool factor. It is robe touching DNA. How many Ferrari stories have bad endings?
Chanceux
One can hope the big cigars have been guaranteed certain concessions from the people over there in the white tower. If Drayton and Williams don't have a grip on this process going forward the school is in muy trouble. Hell y'all ever known Baylor to operate while not in grande debt? That foozball money es muy importante. A move to the sun belt cannot be allowed to happen or that there university will have to be entirely restructured. That ain't good for nobody. Might as well be Bob Roberts U at that point.
Chanceux
Dia del DougO said:

The team is still playing hard. But sometimes they're just way over-matched in some areas that opponents can exploit all day. I don't see them giving up yet. The next few games are crucial.
Defensive line can't stop the run or get a pass rush. That hurts. O line is hit or miss. No deep threat for the long ball. Coverage on special teams is bad. And heck for good measure our punter is out for the year.

The field goal game is muy strong!
Krieg
BabaYaga said:

Krieg said:

marco said:

PartyBear said:

If we're not trying to win was the point, but keep being an idiot if you choose.

Real teams do what they can to win. If we're not, then there's no point in being a fan. We shouldn't try harder than the coaches.
NoBSU
xiledinok said:

BabaYaga said:

John Hawk said:

marco said:

PartyBear said:

W T F ?
In his fantasy, there has to be a cool factor. It is robe touching DNA. How many Ferrari stories have bad endings?
If I had a Ferrari, there would be a lot of happy endings.
80sBEAR
Looks like we have a brand new BOR shill on board. His name is BabaYaga. The ignore button has been put on notice.
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
Jacques Strap
Chanceux said:

One can hope the big cigars have been guaranteed certain concessions from the people over there in the white tower. If Drayton and Williams don't have a grip on this process going forward the school is in muy trouble. Hell y'all ever known Baylor to operate while not in grande debt? That foozball money es muy importante. A move to the sun belt cannot be allowed to happen or that there university will have to be entirely restructured. That ain't good for nobody. Might as well be Bob Roberts U at that point.
Relax man. Texas A&M bought the dental school. They'd throw down some bucks and rebrand as Texas A&M Waco. Aggies love that Magnolia market thing in town, you see them there all the time. Of course we'd need to raze some buildings and build them back in Soviet Style architecture to please the aggie aesthetic palette but we'd have money to do that.

SicThe12
We can't pass rush because we never play with a lead
80sBEAR
NoBSU said:

xiledinok said:

BabaYaga said:

John Hawk said:

marco said:

PartyBear said:

W T F ?
If I had a Ferrari, there would be a lot of happy endings.
AckAckAckAckAck!!!! Good to see you still have a sense of humor and have not been lost completely to the dark side.
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
BabaYaga
80sBEAR said:

Looks like we have a brand new BOR shill on board. His name is BabaYaga. The ignore button has been put on notice.
NoBSU
Krieg said:

BabaYaga said:

Krieg said:

marco said:

PartyBear said:

If we're not trying to win was the point, but keep being an idiot if you choose.

Real teams do what they can to win. If we're not, then there's no point in being a fan. We shouldn't try harder than the coaches.
Want to sell your Baylor T-shirt? Then you can make a quick, clean break.
Krieg
NoBSU said:

Krieg said:

BabaYaga said:

Krieg said:

marco said:

PartyBear said:

4 generations of degrees you worthless piece of crap. If I see an organization purposely killing itself then there's no point in supporting it any longer. All I ask is for them to tell us the truth if the purpose of playing football is no longer to win games.

Keep up that BS though. Even your name is a lie.
NoBSU
Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

Krieg said:

BabaYaga said:

Krieg said:

marco said:

PartyBear said:

4 generations of degrees you worthless piece of crap. If I see an organization purposely killing itself then there's no point in supporting it any longer. All I ask is for them to tell us the truth if the purpose of playing football is no longer to win games.

Keep up that BS though. Even your name is a lie.
Bye. Hello TCU for the 5th generation.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.