Official Fire David Aranda Thread

16,999 Views | 155 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by TechDawgMc
Youre a clown
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aliceinbubbleland said:

boognish_bear said:

Sometimes I wish he was not so transparent and kept his new coaching 101 discoveries to himself...



LOL. After 6 seasons he begins his 7th with that silly comment?


Doug said in an interview a few weeks ago that he's looking for the "vibes" more than a certain number of wins with Dave. This is what that's about. David showing more visible leadership, players are getting paid and keeping a smile on their face, we almost beat an SECSECSEC team, life is good
canoso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Youre a clown said:

canoso said:

Youre a clown said:

TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

bear2be2 said:

boognish_bear said:

Sometimes I wish he was not so transparent and kept his new coaching 101 discoveries to himself...



I actually like how introspective and honest he is. There's something refreshing about that level of vulnerability in a space that has become as highly insulated as high-major college football is.

I just wish that each new discovery didn't come with a new problem in need of solving. His entire tenure has been one giant game of "whack-a-mole."

lol, you usually have great opinions, but this one misses the mark.

Sire Cerebral is 7 years in, and he's just figuring this out, lol. That's not introspective, that's desperation throwing paint against the wall.

And I don't want him leading anything - he's not good at it. He's not a good headcoach, plain and simple.

He can go somewhere else with more money, where an increase in talent will make him look good. Or he can go somewhere with lesser talent in a lesser league, where lesser competition will make him look good. But he cannot compete at a place like Baylor, he just doesn't have the skills.

I was right 5 years ago about him not making a good hc, and nothing has changed.


A high tide raises all ships in the harbor, but if you were to clone Indiana's team, hand that team to Dave, and then have him face off with Cignetti's Indiana team, Cignetti's team would be a -3 favorite at least. Dave is still discovering some of the basics of leadership in year seven. Not hating on the guy, he's just not the right fit for a head coaching position

-3 is incredibly conservative. I'd go -23 at least.

I think the talent would be good enough to prop him up and insulate him from being blown out. Deciding factor would be turnovers - I would trust Cignetti more to capitalize on turnovers, because that's what good coaches do and mediocre/bad coaches don't

The difference is between the length of Cignetti's leash and Aranda's leash. That's why I'll stick with Cignetti's bunch at -23.
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bear2be2 said:

TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

bear2be2 said:

boognish_bear said:

Sometimes I wish he was not so transparent and kept his new coaching 101 discoveries to himself...



I actually like how introspective and honest he is. There's something refreshing about that level of vulnerability in a space that has become as highly insulated as high-major college football is.

I just wish that each new discovery didn't come with a new problem in need of solving. His entire tenure has been one giant game of "whack-a-mole."

lol, you usually have great opinions, but this one misses the mark.

Sire Cerebral is 7 years in, and he's just figuring this out, lol. That's not introspective, that's desperation throwing paint against the wall.

And I don't want him leading anything - he's not good at it. He's not a good headcoach, plain and simple.

He can go somewhere else with more money, where an increase in talent will make him look good. Or he can go somewhere with lesser talent in a lesser league, where lesser competition will make him look good. But he cannot compete at a place like Baylor, he just doesn't have the skills.

I was right 5 years ago about him not making a good hc, and nothing has changed.
I don't think people should ever stop striving to learn and/or improve, regardless of where they start, where they are currently or how much rope they have left on their contract.


I've got no problem with his constant self-assessment and reflection...even the greats benefit from those habits.

My issue here is saying it out loud to the media...as the very well compensated "CEO" of BU football I would hope he would have the situational awareness to realize how a comment about his realizing he needs to be the leader in year 7 would land with so many frustrated fans right now.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boognish_bear said:

bear2be2 said:

TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

bear2be2 said:

boognish_bear said:

Sometimes I wish he was not so transparent and kept his new coaching 101 discoveries to himself...



I actually like how introspective and honest he is. There's something refreshing about that level of vulnerability in a space that has become as highly insulated as high-major college football is.

I just wish that each new discovery didn't come with a new problem in need of solving. His entire tenure has been one giant game of "whack-a-mole."

lol, you usually have great opinions, but this one misses the mark.

Sire Cerebral is 7 years in, and he's just figuring this out, lol. That's not introspective, that's desperation throwing paint against the wall.

And I don't want him leading anything - he's not good at it. He's not a good headcoach, plain and simple.

He can go somewhere else with more money, where an increase in talent will make him look good. Or he can go somewhere with lesser talent in a lesser league, where lesser competition will make him look good. But he cannot compete at a place like Baylor, he just doesn't have the skills.

I was right 5 years ago about him not making a good hc, and nothing has changed.

I don't think people should ever stop striving to learn and/or improve, regardless of where they start, where they are currently or how much rope they have left on their contract.


I've got no problem with his constant self-assessment and reflection...even the greats benefit from those habits.

My issue here is saying it out loud to the media...as the very well compensated "CEO" of BU football I would hope he would have the situational awareness to realize how a comment about his realizing he needs to be the leader in year 7 would land with so many frustrated fans right now.

The guy is not cerebral - he's just not that smart, that is why he does dumb stuff constantly. And yes, the admission is just more evidence that he's in over his head.
Thee tinfoil hat couch-potato prognosticator, not a bible school preacher.


Baylorbears111
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Youre a clown said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

boognish_bear said:

Sometimes I wish he was not so transparent and kept his new coaching 101 discoveries to himself...



LOL. After 6 seasons he begins his 7th with that silly comment?


Doug said in an interview a few weeks ago that he's looking for the "vibes" more than a certain number of wins with Dave. This is what that's about. David showing more visible leadership, players are getting paid and keeping a smile on their face, we almost beat an SECSECSEC team, life is good

So it was meaningless.
Timbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Doug's Vibes are the epitome of a Subjective evaluation. So Baylor.
Going by Wins and Losses is concrete. Simple . Black and White. What winning Universities use.
Bobby20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
#FireAranda
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Timbear said:

Doug's Vibes are the epitome of a Subjective evaluation. So Baylor.
Going by Wins and Losses is concrete. Simple . Black and White. What winning Universities use.

no issues firing him. Just he has not done anything this season to warrant a firing after game 3. He is 2-1 with a one -point loss to Auburn in a psuedo-opening season Bowl-type game. (using lots of qualifiers, not sure how to describe the 1st week of season nuetral site games).

After season, based on total work wanting to go a different direction, sure. He has been mediocre for the large part of his tenure. His position on NIL hurt Baylor to a point they are just starting to recover. The product doesn't produce enough excitement to create a good game day experience. All valid reasons to fire after the season.

Just don't see this as warranting a mid-season firing before we even start the B12 season. He loses to La Tech, ok. But the game was pretty much in hand from the 1st quarter.
LIB,MR BEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Youre a clown said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

boognish_bear said:

Sometimes I wish he was not so transparent and kept his new coaching 101 discoveries to himself...



LOL. After 6 seasons he begins his 7th with that silly comment?


Doug said in an interview a few weeks ago that he's looking for the "vibes" more than a certain number of wins with Dave. This is what that's about. David showing more visible leadership, players are getting paid and keeping a smile on their face, we almost beat an SECSECSEC team, life is good


What Doug says to privately to Aranda, privately to big money donors and then on a radio broadcast I would hope are three different things
IowaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If he loses Saturday against CO he needs let go Monday. Saturday will paint a very clear picture of what Baylor's record this year is likely to look like.
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IowaBear said:

If he loses Saturday against CO he needs let go Monday. Saturday will paint a very clear picture of what Baylor's record this year is likely to look like.


The donors got the 12M to do it? I don't see BU paying it in the current environment.

What we, you or I think "needs" to happen, is rarely tied to what the talking heads will do. General lesson in life I learned.
Timbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FLBear5630 said:

Timbear said:

Doug's Vibes are the epitome of a Subjective evaluation. So Baylor.
Going by Wins and Losses is concrete. Simple . Black and White. What winning Universities use.

no issues firing him. Just he has not done anything this season to warrant a firing after game 3. He is 2-1 with a one -point loss to Auburn in a psuedo-opening season Bowl-type game. (using lots of qualifiers, not sure how to describe the 1st week of season nuetral site games).

After season, based on total work wanting to go a different direction, sure. He has been mediocre for the large part of his tenure. His position on NIL hurt Baylor to a point they are just starting to recover. The product doesn't produce enough excitement to create a good game day experience. All valid reasons to fire after the season.

Just don't see this as warranting a mid-season firing before we even start the B12 season. He loses to La Tech, ok. But the game was pretty much in hand from the 1st quarter.


Agree. Let's let it play out. It's a win/win season.
IowaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'd argue the damage financially could be even larger by keeping Dave. If Baylor can't afford his buyout at seasons end it's time to drop down and join the Sun Belt. The buyout excuse was valid 3 years ago. It shouldn't be an issue at this point imo
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IowaBear said:

I'd argue the damage financially could be even larger by keeping Dave. If Baylor can't afford his buyout at seasons end it's time to drop down and join the Sun Belt. The buyout excuse was valid 3 years ago. It shouldn't be an issue at this point imo

I think we're already in the Sun Belt. This conference is held together by glue from Arizona to Ohio to Florida to Utah.
Iran has Trump by his pu**y and no way they will let go
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IowaBear said:

I'd argue the damage financially could be even larger by keeping Dave. If Baylor can't afford his buyout at seasons end it's time to drop down and join the Sun Belt. The buyout excuse was valid 3 years ago. It shouldn't be an issue at this point imo

I agree. And like the other thread, all valid reasons. But...

Will the donors, boosters or a Company come up with the 12M? He has a huge buyout and 3 more years. If he goes to any bowl this year, he is here next year. They will play this game until 2029. In today's university environment do you see Baylor paying 12M to move on because the Texas Bowl or Armed Forces Bowl is not enough?
TechDawgMc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Youre a clown said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

boognish_bear said:

Sometimes I wish he was not so transparent and kept his new coaching 101 discoveries to himself...



LOL. After 6 seasons he begins his 7th with that silly comment?


Doug said in an interview a few weeks ago that he's looking for the "vibes" more than a certain number of wins with Dave. This is what that's about. David showing more visible leadership, players are getting paid and keeping a smile on their face, we almost beat an SECSECSEC team, life is good

Doug gave a non-answer to a question he should have given a non-answer to. That's it.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.