Football
Sponsored by

* * Midway Goes 10-0

29,723 Views | 380 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by RR/BV
RealLarryDon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is the first time I've seen Mordecai play. He looks more like he belongs at Oklahoma Baptist or Oklahoma Christian than OU. If this is a representation of his ability, then he will never see the field in Norman.
Yogi
Most points scored by Cy-Fair in a game all season now.

I feel bad for these Midway kids, I'd rather lose a squeaker in the State Championship game than to have shown up too late, too unprepared and having too many mistakes.

Hopefully, the Panthers get another shot next year.
Assassin
So Midway has just doubled CyFair yardage 366 to 183. I dont think CyFair has a yard this quarter

Midway has 16 first downs to 12.

Mordecai is 29 of 46 for 370 yds.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Assassin said:

So Midway has just doubled CyFair yardage 366 to 183. I dont think CyFair has a yard this quarter

Midway has 16 first downs to 12.

Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Mordecai is 32 of 51 for 401 yds with 4 TDs
Assassin
Assassin said:

Mordecai is 32 of 51 for 401 yds with 4 TDs
Make that 5 TDs
RealLarryDon
Midway is a poorly coached team. Cy Fair could put up 70 if it hadn't put in the 2nd and 3rd team guys.
Assassin
Tanner Mordecai finishes 33 of 52, 63.4% for 406 and 5 TDs

Midway ends up with 408 yds of O, CyFair with 199.
PartyBear
I think Midway was just way off last night. I was at the game. I'm really disappointed for all them on and off the field. Starting to feel even a little angry about it like a Baylor loss. They were so close to a perfect season. I really thought they were supposed to roll Cy Fair. I suspect they did too.
Assassin
PartyBear said:

I think Midway was just way off last night. I was at the game. I'm really disappointed for all them on and off the field. Starting to feel even a little angry about it like a Baylor loss. They were so close to a perfect season. I really thought they were supposed to roll Cy Fair. I suspect they did too.
Midway beat Midway last night. CyFair just happened to be on the other end of a bunch of Christmas gifts. Hiking the ball over the QBs head into the endzone for a TD? Dropping the punt without being touched for a turnover?

Oh well. Longview gave them a gift at the end of last weeks game. Thats HS football
Robert Wilson
Won't win many games if you don't take care of the football.
Assassin
Robert Wilson said:

Won't win many games if you don't take care of the football.
no kidding. Not sure that I've seen a game with so many strange turnovers/odd plays throughout the game. That onside kick TD was the topper
xiledinok
Assassin said:

PartyBear said:

Midway beat Midway last night. CyFair just happened to be on the other end of a bunch of Christmas gifts. Hiking the ball over the QBs head into the endzone for a TD? Dropping the punt without being touched for a turnover?

Oh well. Longview gave them a gift at the end of last weeks game. Thats HS football
Too much pressure?
Assassin
xiledinok said:

Assassin said:

PartyBear said:

Too much pressure?
No pressure - no diamonds...
Assassin
All-District awards for Midway.

District MVP- Tanner Mordecai
Defensive POY- Jaxon Player
Coach Staff- Midway
Flaming Moderate
I was surprised Cy-Fair took Midway to the woodshed. Congratulations on a good season ... I feel a little better about Longview's gift I guess.
Assassin
Flaming Moderate said:

I was surprised Cy-Fair took Midway to the woodshed. Congratulations on a good season ... I feel a little better about Longview's gift I guess.
I kinda thought Midway took Midway to the woodshed

PartyBear
Agree. Midway had what seemed like 3 or 4 fumbles that gave Cy Fair the ball on the Midway 3 or 5 yardline and that doesn't count the fumble into the end zone Cy Fair recovered for a TD. In other words Midway literally gifted about 28 to 35 points to Cy Fair (it seemed this way anyhow).
Bearprof
Midway beating Midway is 100% correct. Credit to Cy-Fair for taking advantage of the numerous errors by MHS. Still, 15-1 is a damn good year. To RealLarryWhoever...OK Christian QB re: Mordecai? Please.
Illinois Bear2
My son's girlfriends father is the OC for Cy-Fair. Loved seeing them win!
Assassin
Illinois Bear2 said:

Their Offense was absolutely horrible. Not sure how much I would love that.

Now if he was the DC, that would be a different matter.. ;^)
Judge
Assassin said:

Reminds me of Baylor playing Penn State in the Cotton Bowl in '75. Onside kick and they ran right through us...
Yeah that was a painful cold memory best left a secret . Damn that loss hurt. We thought we wuz good.
Illinois Bear2
Assassin said:

Illinois Bear2 said:

Their Offense was absolutely horrible. Not sure how much I would love that.

Now if he was the DC, that would be a different matter.. ;^)
You don't like wins?
Assassin
Texas APSE Class 6A all-state football team

The 2017 Texas Associated Press Sports Editors Class 6A all-state high school football team. Voting based on regular-season performance. Players are listed in alphabetical order at each position.

FIRST-TEAM OFFENSE
Linemen:
GARRETT AYLOR, Austin Westlake, Sr. 96 percent grade, 49 pins, 26 knockdowns, 1 sack allowed
BRANNON BROWN, SA Northside O'Connor, Jr. 109 pancakes, 13 cut blocks
JOSHUA JYNES, DeSoto, Sr. 96 percent grade, 0 sacks allowed, 32 knockdowns, 21 pancakes,
MATT LEEHAN, Southlake Carroll, Sr. 95 percent grade, 100 knockdowns, 0 sacks allowed
MIKE RUTH, Coppell, Sr. 97 percent grade, 44 pancakes
Receivers/ends:
STEFAN COBBS, Keller Fossil Ridge, Sr. 62-1,276 yds, 24 TDs
CAMERON THOMAS, Round Rock Westwood, Sr. 75-1,335 yds, 18 TDs
Quarterback:
TANNER MORDECAI, Waco Midway, Sr. 219-327-2,791 yds, 36 TDs, 7 INTs; 781 rushing yds, 12 TDs
Running backs:
SIMI BAKARE, Round Rock Cedar Ridge, Sr. 149-1,458 yds, 24 TDs
MATT GADEK, McKinney, Sr. 267-2,186 yds, 15 TDs
CALVIN HILL, Baytown Sterling, Jr. 1,866 rushing yds, 22 TDs
NAKIA WATSON, Austin Westlake, Sr. 169-1,322 yds, 19 TDs
Kicker:
AUSTIN GARZA, Edinburg Vela, Sr. 60-60 PATs, 12-16 FGs, long of 54
Offensive Player of the Year: Tanner Mordecai, Waco Midway
___
FIRST-TEAM DEFENSE
Linemen:
BRADEN CASSITY, Austin Westlake, Sr. 106 tackles, 15 TFL, 10 sacks
JEREMIAH GRAY, Dallas Skyline, Sr. 60 tackles, 14 sacks, 21 TFL, 1 defensive TD
OSO IFESINACHUKWU, Austin Vandegrift, Sr. 89 tackles, 11 TFL, 3 caused fumbles, 13 sacks

ARNOLD SAIDOV, Keller Fossil Ridge, Sr. 67 tackles, 13 sacks, 14 TFL, 4 fumbles forced, 2 fumble recoveries
Linebackers:
CONNOR LEE, Flower Mound, Sr. 147 tackles, 72 solos, 15 TFL, 6 sacks, 3 pass breakups
ISAIAH PAUL, SA Northside Brennan, Sr. 117 tackles, 16 TFL, 4 blocked kicks, 2 fumbles forced, 3 fumble recoveries, 6 PBU
RICHARD SILVA, Keller Central, Soph. 138 tackles, 7 TFL, 13 sacks, 2 fumbles caused
Defensive backs:
BRYON BROUSSARD, Dickinson, Sr. 78 tackles, 8 INTs, 8 pass breakups
DARIUS SNOW, Hebron, Soph. 126 tackles, 72 solo, 2 TFL, 1 INT, 3 pass breakups
CADEN STERNS, Cibolo Steele, Sr. 67 tackles, 4 INTs, 5 pass breakups, 2 fumble recoveries
BRYSON WASHINGTON, Houston King, Soph. 6 blocked kicks, 5 INTs, 4 defensive TDs, 56 tackles, 23 pass deflections
Punter:
NICK FALSONE, SA Churchill, Jr. 32 punts, 44.2 avg., 9 inside 20
Defensive Player of the Year: Braden Cassity, Austin Westlake
___
SECOND-TEAM OFFENSE
Linemen:
Mason Grosser, Allen, Sr.; Kolbe Harris, Converse Judson, Sr.; Aaron Ramirez, McAllen Memorial, Sr.; Blake Webster, Austin Westlake, Jr.; Luke Wilkin, Austin Westlake, Sr.
Receivers/ends:
Naveon Mitchell, Fort Bend Travis, Sr.; Garrett Wilson, Lake Travis, Jr.
Quarterback:
Amryn Jeffrey, Fort Bend Travis, Sr.
Running backs:
Ean Beek, Katy Taylor, Sr.; Brenden Brady, Cibolo Steele, Sr.; Brock Sturges, Allen, Sr.
Kicker:
Brady Ellsworth, Allen, Sr.
___
SECOND-TEAM DEFENSE
Linemen:
Carter Breu, Schertz Clemens, Sr.; Nico Ezidore, Garland Naaman Forest, Sr.; Harris Goode, FW Paschal, Sr.; Demarvin Leal, Converse Judson, Jr.; David Neil, Austin Westlake, Jr.
Linebackers:
Isaiah Nunez, Midland Lee, Sr.; Michael Parrish, Southlake Carroll, Jr.; Nathan Sanchez, McAllen Memorial, Sr.
Defensive backs:
Jalen Carr, Longview, Sr.; Isaiah Ganaway, Keller Central, Sr.; RJ Mickens, Southlake Carroll, Soph.; Jaques Tyler, Schertz Clemens, Sr.
Punter:
Alec Brinton, Keller, Sr.
___
HONORABLE MENTION OFFENSE
LINEMEN: Matthew Altrock, Keller Fossil Ridge; Esteban Avila, South Grand Prairie; Colten Blanton, Cypress Ranch; Jayden Borjas, Edinburg Vela; Andrew Coker, Katy Taylor; Gunner Couch, San Angelo Central; Alex Ederson, Keller Fossil Ridge; Connor Galvin, Katy; Jacob Holland, Arlington Martin; Jackson Kimble, Southlake Carroll; John Lanz, Denton Guyer; Ricky Leal, Keller Fossil Ridge; Luke Matthews, Fort Bend Elkins; Demarcus Marshall, Grand Prairie; Dawson Reynolds, Odessa Permian; Pila Siale, Euless Trinity; Tommy Smith, Round Rock Cedar Ridge; Tyler Smith, North Crowley; Charlie Zeno, Cibolo Steele.

RECEIVERS/ENDS: Tyreese Andrus, EP Montwood; Miles Battle, Cypress Creek; Trejan Bridges, Hebron; Jaylin Brown, Longview; Caleb Chapman, Friendswood Clear Brook; Julian Ortega-Jones, North Crowley; Fletcher Rosenbleeth, Dallas Jesuit; Jaxon Smith, Rockwall; Keandre Street, Tyler; Henry Teeter, San Angelo Central; C.J. Williams, Waco Midway.

QUARTERBACKS: Matthew Baldwin, Lake Travis; Cedarious Barfield, EP El Dorado; Michael Black, Haltom City; Cobe Craft, Keller Fossil Ridge; Andrew Fernandez, EP Montwood; Maverick McIvor, San Angelo Central; Roel Sanchez, SA O'Connor; Grant Tisdale, Allen.

RUNNING BACKS: Jaylin Hastings, SA Northside Jay; Courage Keihn, Euless Trinity; Trent Kennedy, Cypress Fairbanks; Myles Lewis, Dickinson; T.J. McDaniel, Southlake Carroll; Jailen Robinson, North Crowley; E.J. Smith, Dallas Jesuit; Josh Traylor, Midland Lee; Ed Williams, Odessa Permian.

KICKERS: Devin Brock, Keller Central; Caden Davis, Coppell; Cameron Dicker, Lake Travis; Chris Kessler, Longview; Neal Koskay, Southlake Carroll; Michael Lyssy, SA Northside O'Connor; Carson Roberts, Odessa Permian; Graham Torres, SA Madison.
___
HONORABLE MENTION DEFENSE
LINEMEN: Jacob Banda, Weslaco East; Korrey Barron, Rockwall; Travis Chatman, Euless Trinity; Keondre Coburn, Spring Westfield; Izaiah Filikitonga, Euless Trinity; Carlos Hatcher, Hebron; Matt Jones, Odessa Permian; C.J. Kuehler, Smithson Valley; Blake Kuithe, Katy Cinco Ranch; Kade Langston, Lake Travis; Peyton Lewis, Cypress Fairbanks; Dominic Livingston, Aldine Davis; Terrance Newman, Duncanville; Jacob Nichter, Keller; Tyler Solomon, Georgetown; Daniel Villarreal, La Joya; Grayson Williams, Keller; Victor Winston, Round Rock Cedar Ridge.

LINEBACKERS: Tanner Adams, Odessa Permian; Martrevious Allison, Tyler; Chad Bailey, Fort Bend Ridge Point; Colby Burkley, Round Rock Cedar Ridge; David Dickerson, Austin Westlake; Jacob Doddridge, Southlake Carroll; Preston Ellison, Odessa Permian; Smith Essman, Midland; Kamryn Farrar, Dallas Skyline; Jacob Felczak, Keller Central; Matt Girard, Keller Central; Keyshawn Johnson, Duncanville; Dorian Mundy, Dallas Skyline; Donavan Mutin, Klein Collins; Alston Orji, Rockwall; Jacoby Roberts, Euless Trinity; Jackson Shearer, The Woodlands; Jacoby Simpson, Aldine MacArthur; Jarrett Skaggs, Mansfield; Chris Skinner, Haltom City; Kevin Watts, Wylie.

DEFENSIVE BACKS: Millard Bradford, SA O'Connor; Brodrick Calhoun, Mesquite Horn; Ty DeArman, Arlington Bowie; Joseph DeVincenzo, Southlake Carroll; Daniel Enriquez, Edinburg Vela; DJ Graham, Keller Central; Tyus Grayson, Tyler; Ge'Mon Green, DeSoto; Byron Hanspard Jr., DeSoto; Tobias Harris, Pflugerville Hendrickson; Isaiah Humphries, Garland Sachse; D'shawn Jamison, Houston Lamar; Cam'ron Jones, Mansfield; Jephaniah Lister, Longview; Kason McCullough-Cooper, Mansfield; Jonathan McGill, Coppell; Tre'von Moehrig-Woodard, Smithson Valley; Kelechi Nwachuku, McAllen Memorial; Josh Ofili, Katy Cinco Ranch; Anfernee Orji, Rockwall; Ke'Shon Rowe, Katy; Gage Smith, San Angelo Central; Sebastian Tauaalo, Euless Trinity; Garrison Vaughn, Belton; William Vuong, Keller Central; DJ Warnell, Dickinson; Bee Jay Williamson, Mesquite Horn; Rashad Wisdom, Converse Judson.

PUNTERS: Devin Brock, Keller Central; Logan Claborn, Rockwall; Carson Roberts, Odessa Permian.
LIB,MR BEARS
From the above list:

BRYSON WASHINGTON, Houston King, Soph. 6 blocked kicks, 5 INTs, 4 defensive TDs, 56 tackles, 23 pass deflections

WOW. That's some pretty good stats. I've not watched any film of him.
Assassin
LIB,MR BEARS said:

From the above list:

We offered him back in Oct. So has everyone from Ohio State to Alabama

https://www.hudl.com/profile/7710995/bryson-washington
LIB,MR BEARS
Assassin said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

From the above list:

We offered him back in Oct. So has everyone from Ohio State to Alabama

https://www.hudl.com/profile/7710995/bryson-washington
You g man has a bright future if he stays healthy and doesn't go all Flash Gordon
Assassin
Micah McAfee
2 mins
Couple of things that changed after yesterday's realignment...
1. Temple and Waco High joined our district
2. Our new district number is 12...previously 8
3. With a change in district numbers comes new potential first round opponents...can you say Longview?
4. And it looks like for the next two years one of our two non-district games will be against Euless Trinity
More to come!
BaylorProud77
That hurts
BaylorProud77
Euless Trinity use to be real good. I lived in Arlington for 10 years so always heard a lot about them
RioRata
Assassin said:

Micah McAfee
2 mins
Couple of things that changed after yesterday's realignment...
1. Temple and Waco High joined our district
2. Our new district number is 12...previously 8
3. With a change in district numbers comes new potential first round opponents...can you say Longview?
4. And it looks like for the next two years one of our two non-district games will be against Euless Trinity
More to come!

If the Lobos can make it past John Tyler.
RR/BV
Big John Big bad John

JT is in another district having dropped down to 5a

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.