Football
Sponsored by

13 points. Rhule has GOT to make a change.

17,399 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Pale Rider
Anthonybaylor2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Anthonybaylor2009 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Anthonybaylor2009 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Anthonybaylor2009 said:

So we should bring in a new OC and start over again ? I think we have to give him one more year to show improvement, maybe switch play calling duties to Co OC.
WAC and Co. were calling for Briles head for going 4-8 in CAB year 2 even though we lost RGIII in game 2.

Rhule is 1-11... the worst record in Baylor History other than Bill Beale
what saves this guys job in 18? 2-10?

I think 3-9 brings him back, I don't like the direction we are going, but no one has the guts to pull the trigger until at least after year two.
So Abilene Christian and Kansas....

where is win #3 coming from?

It will come down to the UTSA game, if we don't win that game we are stuck at 2 wins next year.
ON THE ROAD??????

Better chance than Duke at home. If Brewer improves and we get some JC OL along with our receivers we will have next year, we should win it. How far we have fallen for us to struggle to find a 3rd win in a season with UTSA, Duke, Kansas and ACU on your schedule.
Dman
If 1 win doesn't meet the criteria for change on your weakest aspect of that 1 win team...what does?
RealLarryDon
Anthonybaylor2009 said:

303Bear said:

Anthonybaylor2009 said:

So we should bring in a new OC and start over again ? I think we have to give him one more year to show improvement, maybe switch play calling duties to Co OC.
"All over again"? We have not run a consistent offensive game style or plan all year, we never started this year, ergo, there is nothing to start over again.

We would just be starting.

It usually takes sometime to learn s new scheme, if we changed OC there would be a new playbook to learn. Again, I think something needs to change, but I'm not too sure that is going to happen due to this .

I didn't see much evidence that they learned anything from a playbook this year, so they should go ahead and dump it now.
Dman
Rhule needs to take a page from the BoRs playbook. If for no other reason, People need someone to blame. It redirects their anger. In this case it's merited. MAKE A CHANGE.
Gunny Hartman
Dman said:

He wasn't intended to be our primary play caller to begin with. We had another OC picked for that before he changed his mind. So why double down and keep him next year, after this body of work?!

What on earth has anyone thinking he has what it takes?!

Absolutely this. I'll admit that play design has markedly improved throughout the season, but when we lined up with all 11 in the box I just rolled my eyes and groaned because I knew nothing good would come of this. I don't know if it's Rhule or Nixn that's responsible for that idiotic idea, but whoever made that decision has absolutely no feel for how to make appropriate play calls. We need to s**tcan that stupid formation until we have a mature, established OL that we know can get a 2 yard push when we need it.

It's absolutely baffling that somebody thought that formation and play call would be a good idea.
CHP Bear
RealLarryDon said:

Anthonybaylor2009 said:

303Bear said:

Anthonybaylor2009 said:

"All over again"? We have not run a consistent offensive game style or plan all year, we never started this year, ergo, there is nothing to start over again.

We would just be starting.

It usually takes sometime to learn s new scheme, if we changed OC there would be a new playbook to learn. Again, I think something needs to change, but I'm not too sure that is going to happen due to this .

I didn't see much evidence that they learned anything from a playbook this year, so they should go ahead and dump it now.
But I thought the playbook was the only thing holding us back.
GoldenBear007
Anthonybaylor2009 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Anthonybaylor2009 said:

WAC and Co. were calling for Briles head for going 4-8 in CAB year 2 even though we lost RGIII in game 2.

I think 3-9 brings him back, I don't like the direction we are going, but no one has the guts to pull the trigger until at least after year two
Baylor should be a bowl team this year. Defense has shown improvement over the course of the season and will be better next year. O-Line can't get any worse. Platt, Hurd, Mims, and Holmes will be great weapons for Brewer. Not losing any running backs (barring any transfers)

Let me emphasize again "should" be a bowl team. A change in offensive play-calling will also be a huge factor as well.
BearlyConscious
Anthonybaylor2009 said:

Dman said:

He wasn't intended to be our primary play caller to begin with. We had another OC picked for that before he changed his mind. So why double down and keep him next year, after this body of work?!

What on earth has anyone thinking he has what it takes?!

I think CMR is a very loyal guy and would not remove him after one year.

Loyalty shouldn't have anything to do with it. Only thing that should be considered is his job performance.
hodedofome
It doesn't matter what kind of talent we have transferring in next year, Rhule will Just injure them in practice.

I hate my life.
PartyBear
If there is no staff change, they are all going to be gone in about 53 weeks.
gobears20
Staff
Pretty crazy that we didn't win one home game this year.
Health Camper
I can't understand why Rhule and his staff can't just call more of those touchdown plays. You experts are all making great sports points tonight. Thank you for being here.

In other news, P. J. Fleck's Gophers didn't exactly row their canoe against Northwestern today. He must be from Jersey or something. Bring Art back....and that boy of his...and that D.C. who waved his arms a lot and tucked his play sheet in his crotch. Those were great leaders anyone would hire.
JusHappy2BeHere
gobears20 said:

Pretty crazy that we didn't win one home game this year.
Kennesaw State tweet after beating Liberty

Sorry Flames... we're not Baylor
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
JusHappy2BeHere
Health Camper said:

I just can't understand why Rhule and his staff can't just call more of those touchdown plays. You experts are all making great sports points tonight. Thank you for being here.

In other news, P. J. Fleck's Gophers didn't exactly row their canoe against Northwestern today. He must be from Jersey or something. Bring Art back....and that boy of his...and that D.C. who waved his arms a lot and tucked his play sheet in his crotch. Those were great leaders anyone would hire.
Over 30 years of coaching football, and not all of them at powerhouses....

never went 1-11
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
Health Camper
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Health Camper said:

I just can't understand why Rhule and his staff can't just call more of those touchdown plays. You experts are all making great sports points tonight. Thank you for being here.

never went 1-11
So should we slap the dysfunctional mother of 1-11 or the adoptive parent? You seem inclined to the latter.
Dman
Health Camper said:

I can't understand why Rhule and his staff can't just call more of those touchdown plays. You experts are all making great sports points tonight. Thank you for being here.

wow. You actually think this is clever? You're not even good at being a ******.
SicThe12
If I told you we'd play Liberty, UTSA, and ISU at home and lose to them all..
MilliVanilli
SicThe12 said:

If I told you we'd play Liberty, UTSA, and ISU at home and lose to them all..
The same ISU that beat OU in Norman. Yeah, what a calamity for Baylor.
Mothra
Health Camper said:

Amen! Trust the process! Rhule is going to be smash mouthing his way thru the Big 12 in about 7 years!
Mitch Blood Green
Jacques Strap said:

BaylorOkie said:

Jacques Strap said:

I think he should be who he is and stick with his style. If he puts in a spread he'll always want to second guess the OC and mess up the flow. So I think he'd be worse with Kliff Kingsbury for example as his OC because he would always overrule him. You cannot coach what you do not believe in and he does not believe in the spread.
I wish he would do what Stoops and Patterson did and hire a competent OC and stay the hell out of the offense.
But can he?

No. He prefers football from a bygone era. I still have never seen the Oklahoma drill help guys out of position make a play.
Mitch Blood Green
Dman said:

If 1 win doesn't meet the criteria for change on your weakest aspect of that 1 win team...what does?

He's not going anywhere unless he quits (which I don't see)
BUGWBBear
Dman said:

Chance to tie the game. Our brilliant OC literally dug deep into his playbook and called the weakest/worst matchup option for our offense against their defense possible. NFL "smash mouth" power formation from the 5. Giving the chance for a stout defense to stack the box Against our depleted O line, and gives it to a freshman RB

If only we had a mobile QB and a shifty RB...oh wait...

Since our old offense that scores on 3 plays has been determined by UT and ESBEGAY to rape women, forget those days....
Krieg
tommie said:

Dman said:

Somebody has to be able to manufacture a scandal that can help with this, right? Anyone?
Mitch Blood Green
Krieg said:

tommie said:

Dman said:

Somebody has to be able to manufacture a scandal that can help with this, right? Anyone?

The BOR plays with other people's money. Maybe empty stadiums and reduced revenues in terms of donations and sales will jar them but I doubt it.

dallas4bears
365 said:

Not to be melodramatic like the #CABTruthers, but if Nixon is still running this offense next year then Baylor is done for the foreseeable future. Done.

Regardless of what was said on commentary, the future of the Big 12 will not be to focus on defense. No way. The spread will continue because this is what most Texas high schools run (and will continue to run for a long time for a long list of reasons) and those kids want to play for colleges that have a similar philosophy.

But it sounds like Rhule is not only content with the current offense, but that he wants to limit his passes and is unwilling to change his ways on this. There is absolutely no way for a Texas college to succeed without running some form of the spread. Iowa State can get away with it because they're primarily getting kids from Big 10 areas, not Texas!

Fortunately for ISU, their AD understood the landscape of the kids they're recruiting. Baylor's AD clearly did not.

I think that you are spot on. At the end of the day, this is as much an AD failure as anything else.
YoakDaddy
Chanceux said:

Nixon aint good at all. Brian Norwoo of offense. Just looked like Rhule didn't wanna play to win. Gonna be a long few years.

So we have Nixn because he can't bring the "o"?
YoakDaddy
Mothra said:

Health Camper said:

Amen! Trust the process! Rhule is going to be smash mouthing his way to the bank for the next 7 years!

FIFY
Robert Wilson
Health Camper said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Health Camper said:

never went 1-11
So should we slap the dysfunctional mother of 1-11 or the adoptive parent? You seem inclined to the latter.

Wow. Just wow.

Ok. Rhule isn't responsible for anything, like losing every single home game in a lineup including liberty and utsa. He's just an adoptive parent. Criminently.
YoakDaddy
Sonny Dykes for OC. Praying that ADMR pressures CMR to get Sonny on staff.
BUrbon
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Anthonybaylor2009 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Anthonybaylor2009 said:

BSo we should bring in a new OC and start over again ? I think we have to give him one more year to show improvement, maybe switch play calling duties to Co OC.

I think 3-9 brings him back, I don't like the direction we are going, but no one has the guts to pull the trigger until at least after year two.
So Abilene Christian and Kansas....

where is win #3 coming from?
Geez, opening v ACU is scary. If Rhule team comes out of offseason with major injuries. We may be toast.
PartyBear
YoakDaddy said:

Sonny Dykes for OC. Praying that ADMR pressures CMR to get Sonny on staff.

Rhoades has to know his among highest paid AD in the country gig rides on Rhule. Surely he is in survival mode at this point and doesn't give a shxt if Rhule isn't a happy camper if he forces things for his own survival.

That turnout yesterday would scare the living shxt out of any career AD such as is Rhoades.
JusHappy2BeHere
Health Camper said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Health Camper said:

never went 1-11
are you so delusional and deranged that you think anyone named Briles wouldn't have this team with a better record than Rhule?

don't answer that.... everyone knows the answer.

Mahatma Gandhi
PartyBear
Frankly any coach not named Rhule would have done better with this team.
robby44
tommie said:

Krieg said:

tommie said:

Dman said:

The BOR plays with other people's money. Maybe empty stadiums and reduced revenues in terms of donations and sales will jar them but I doubt it.

They are confident that the collection plate will continue to be filled
BaylorOkie
robby44 said:

tommie said:

Krieg said:

tommie said:

Dman said:

They are confident that the collection plate will continue to be filled

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.