Football
Sponsored by

Chances of beating TCU...

6,574 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Jacques Strap
ilbb990912
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boognish_bear said:

BEAR RAMMAGE said:

We wont win and TCU fans will storm the field and get in CMR's face. If you show up to the game they will call you a rapist, spit on you and try to fight you.

Seriously.

They're probably going to say that BU fans jumped off the bandwagon...but no. We don't go to Amon Carter because you call us rapists in front of our children.

We have fallen so far I doubt we inspire that much hate in them anymore.
I'm surprised they waste any thought on us anymore, to be honest.
BellCountyBear
We will win! TOP! #process
Dia del DougO
There's always a chance. But it's pretty slim. Baylor is so beat up that what little chance they may have had is probably microscopic. But there is a bit of a looking-ahead type thing that could have had an effect.

I think Baylor would have to come out with a big surprise thing, maybe start Zach and bombs away and hope to get a couple early and make it a game.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Wikstr9
Is that the line for Q1. This game will get ugly in a hurry.
MidWestBear2010
For some reason I have a gut feeling that we might actually win this one. But in my head I expect us to get completely blown out.
Baylor Wilson
I'm bringing a "We are going to win" sign. I'll be in section 119.
Sick Em
78-0
Grizz Air
I have been critical of us all year. We suck. We are 1 and 10. I have predicted big losses against OSU and others, and been close on the scores. But for some reason, i say we keep this within 14. Which on the road would be a huge moral victory. Maybe 31 to 12 (4 field goals)?
Wikstr9
TCU needs the CFP votes. Fatty drills us by 40. Not even close.
Judge
I'm thinking Patterson's mind is on OU, not BU. He won't want to risk injury. Nevertheless they win by 6 TD's easily.
atkron195
Come visit my "KY" kiosk just outside of Amon Carter east side.
Private Pyle
MidWestBear2010 said:

For some reason I have a gut feeling that we might actually win this one. But in my head I expect us to get completely blown out.
That feeling is just gas
Osodecentx
35 point loss, unless Patterson wants to run it up. A win gets TCU into the championship game, so he doesn't need to.
MidWestBear2010
Even though the TCU vs Tech score looked like a blowout, Tech actually had more yards and first downs than TCU. I think we may put up a good fight. We are really good at losing though.
Stretch
No chance we win. TCU tunes up for title game. Hate it but it is what it is.......
SMack
I'm thinking that you could get one of those expensive Yeti coolers, and put the snowball in there with lots of dry ice. Then you could send it over the great chasm to Hades and see how it goes.
RealLarryDon
Remember the little guy at Tech, Coutee, running the opening kickoff back for a TD against us? Look for Turpin to do that several times. And as bad as the freshman left guard has been dominated all season, I can't even begin to imagine how much Charlie will be running for his life on every snap. And, we will now be playing D without the only guy on the entire roster who knows how to tackle. This will not be pretty. Fat Pat will throw down a 70 spot on us like he did Kliffy a few years ago.
ColomboLQ
I actually think we cover and here's why: My guess is that Patterson comes out with a very conservative game plan on offense. I'm guessing he's going to run as vanilla an offense to try to not show OU anything of a possible game plan for the Big 12 title game. He will rely on his defense because he knows our offense will self destruct and turn the ball over. I think we lose the turnover battle by at least 2. I predict they will get at least 1 defensive touchdown or 1 special teams TD or both. That will be more than enough to win the game but not cover. I'm thinking the score will be along the lines of 24-6, where the score doesn't look so bad but we will never really be a threat in the game, similar to a lot of losses this year. And we are getting really lucky that Hill and Darius Anderson will not be playing, that would have made things way way worse. Really hope I'm wrong, but at this point, I doubt it.
nafprat
Shawn Robinson is now questionable. That leaves their third string QB.
Jacques Strap
RealLarryDon said:

Remember the little guy at Tech, Coutee, running the opening kickoff back for a TD against us? Look for Turpin to do that several times. And as bad as the freshman left guard has been dominated all season, I can't even begin to imagine how much Charlie will be running for his life on every snap. And, we will now be playing D without the only guy on the entire roster who knows how to tackle. This will not be pretty. Fat Pat will throw down a 70 spot on us like he did Kliffy a few years ago.
He may run back several punts but there is a solid chance we are only going to kick off one time.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.