Football
Sponsored by

Apparently Pete Fiutak must be a CABer.....

7,649 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by oldbear69
xiledinok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DustyM said:

I hate to rain on your parade, but unless CMR or another coach turns Baylor into what the last coach did. We, as Baylor football, will become one of those teams you are having so much fun degrading. In the next round of TV talks Baylor will become relegated to one of those G5 conferences, along with Kansas, Kansas St, and either TCU or Texas Tech. I suspect the Big 12 will no longer exist, Baylor and the rest of us will be looking in at that point.
That's not how it is going to happen. Baylor already has a seat at the table. They will add, not take away.
The tv networks don't want former Baylor individuals anywhere near their money table.
Only a dumbass bucks tv in regards to college sports. Without tv, there would be no money to overpay these guys.
Malbec
boognish_bear said:

You know when you start the list with Jimbo Fisher listed as the worst coach in CFB the writer is a dumbass or just going for shock value.

CMR is not the second worst HC in CFB. I'm not saying he's Bear Bryant....but he's not the bottom of the barrel. NFL HC jobs are precious....there are hundreds of college coaches that would give their left nut for an NFL interview. I don't think the Colts would waste any time interviewing the 2nd worst HC in CFB.

This writer has 7K followers on Twitter...3K less than BT...
Any coach that would give his left nut for a job interview, has extra nuts.
DustyM
xiledinok said:

Krieg said:

xiledinok said:

Krieg said:

xiledinok said:

Dman said:

SicThe12 said:

Fiutak is a rape enabler!!!!!!!!

Hilarious. Will he now be stalked by our residential Village Idiot?!

I'd also like to know if anyone knows the author's neck size?
A betting man might bet the size of his ***** with all of the love for the non contending, irrelevant Power 5 teams that won't get invited to the CFP unless hell freezes over (it has been cold, there's the hope).
After all this time, some dumb fans really believe these non Power 5s are going to get a taste of the playoff. SMH! These writers just put those non Power 5s in the conversation to get clicks.

If you're too dumb to understand what the article is then don't comment on the thread. He doesn't care about which team was better or worse or even which coach is better or worse. He's rating the job they did THIS SEASON in respect to the expectations for their team THIS SEASON. I don't follow Akron at all, but if he's right that they were supposed to suck but then played in the MAC title game that's a good coaching job. Their conference is irrelevant.
He coached them to 6-6 and a non Power 5 championship appearance. The MAC didn't win a bowl game.
His team was terrible.
A great season wouldn't put them at #31. Could the expectation be to be better than .500 and not lost the bowl game and conference championship by more than 90 points combined?
Oh well, the non Power 5s are going to get to a taste of how the beauty pageant is ran and their fans are going to need tissues from the crying about the CFP.

Again, it's not about the final record. It's about the final record compared to preseason expectations. If everyone picked Akron to go 6-6 or better you'd be right. If they picked them for 3 wins or something he's right.

As for the CFP, it's the worst championship system we've ever had but that's another story for another thread and COMPLETELY irrelevant to this one.
There wasn't much difference between a 3 win Mac expected team and a 6 win team. If you are going to judge expectations, why not look at the conference and what kind of programs they were running out on the field. Okay, Bowden is expected to win 3 but the conference is full of cripples (the hot coach took off after 2016) and they win 6 to get into the conference championship to lose by 17 and 47 in their bowl game.
Under his formula, the cripples get rewarded because they have such low expectations facing bad teams.
You do realize we were one of those BAD teams in our conference. In fact, we were the worst coached team in our conference. I realize that you feel like you need to bow down and wash CMR's feet, But for goodness sake, rise, stand, look, listen, judge for yourself.

CMR was rated for the job he did. Baylor has the worst set of coaches in the Big12 and they coached like it. For Christ sake we were out played and out coached by LIBERTY. You can complain all about the cripples, but that conference is FBS, not FCS. Whats worse, Liberty is an average FCS team at best. Accept it, your worshiping of a bad coaching job is foolish at best.

I was expecting CMR to make a few coaching changes this off season to improve the offense especially. But nope, CMR is keeping the worst set of OC's in the conference. So come next year, you will have to defend your hero worship again.

Don't get me wrong, do I think CMR is capable of winning at Baylor, yes, but I don't think he will be any more successful than what Texas, Kansas St, or Texas Tech has been over the last few years. With our current coaching staff, we are going to be a mid tier team from now on. ACCEPT IT and enjoy it for what it is.
DustyM
xiledinok said:

DustyM said:

I hate to rain on your parade, but unless CMR or another coach turns Baylor into what the last coach did. We, as Baylor football, will become one of those teams you are having so much fun degrading. In the next round of TV talks Baylor will become relegated to one of those G5 conferences, along with Kansas, Kansas St, and either TCU or Texas Tech. I suspect the Big 12 will no longer exist, Baylor and the rest of us will be looking in at that point.
That's not how it is going to happen. Baylor already has a seat at the table. They will add, not take away.
The tv networks don't want former Baylor individuals anywhere near their money table.
Only a dumbass bucks tv in regards to college sports. Without tv, there would be no money to overpay these guys.
I hope your right, but when the TV contracts run out, don't expect the conference to survive. The goal of ESPN and the rest of the TV folks is to have only four P5 conferences and I suspect they will get their way. Texas and Texas Tech will probably end up in the Pac12. Oklahoma and Oklahoma St will probably end up in the SEC. That makes both of those conferences full with 16 teams. The B1G will probably take Kansas and Kansas St., that will give them 16 teams. that only leaves the ACC, do you really expect the ACC to reach to Texas to take TCU and Baylor, I doubt it. I suspect TCU and Baylor will both be forced into the now G5 conferences. As I said, I hope your right, but I would not bet on it.
boognish_bear
https://www.diehards.com/baylor/college-football-news-bizarrely-ranks-baylor-coach-matt-rhule-second-worst-football

College Football News bizarrely ranks Baylor coach Matt Rhule second-worst in football

Shehan Jeyarajah January 18, 2018

Baylor coach Matt Rhule entered one of the biggest rebuilding jobs in the country when he moved to Waco before last season. However, at least one pundit does not seem to respect that.

College Football News writer Pete Fiutak put out a ranking of all 130 FBS head coaches. Bizarrely, he ranked Rhule No. 129 on the list, only ahead of new Texas A&M coach Jimbo Fisher.

"And he was supposed in the hunt for the Indianapolis Colts gig," Fiutak wrote. "Yeah, there was plenty of rebuilding to do. Baylor lost to Liberty, and the only win came against Kansas."

Of course, that completely ignores every piece of context surrounding Rhule's first year. Baylor had one of the youngest rosters in the Big 12 heading into the season, and then lost several of its top players to injury. By season's end, nearly 70 percent of players on the two-deep were freshmen or sophomores.

Not only that, Rhule had to completely overhaul the program after a devastating off-field scandal. Despite the losses, Baylor was within one score in the fourth quarter of eight games in 2017. The Bears went 0-8, but simple math seems to assume they will move back to the mean.

Baylor is also poised to bring in their best recruiting class in the history of the 247Sports composite.

Somehow, Oregon State coach Gary Anderson ranked ahead of Rhule. Anderson literally left the program halfway through the season. Kansas coach David Beaty ranked ahead too, even though Rhule decimated Kansas in his first season. Fiutak ranked every fired coach ahead of Rhule in 2017.

Luckily, Baylor has a chance to silence the doubters soon. The vast majority of its starters are back, and rising sophomore quarterback Charlie Brewer is poised to break out. Don't count out Rhule for too long.
MilliVanilli
The usual suspects continually start threads about one of their twin obsessions and wonder why they're stuck with a moniker that describes them.

80sBEAR
MilliVanilli said:

The usual suspects continually start threads about one of their twin obsessions and wonder why they're stuck with a moniker that describes them.

"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
NoBSU
DustyM said:

WE ARE DOOMED!!!
MilliVanilli
80sBEAR said:

MilliVanilli said:

Another day, and another thread Jim Ward finds himself triggered in by an internet messenger that torments his very isolated existence.

Art Briles and MilliVanilli, the twin obsessions of the people griping about being mocked with a moniker.

oldbear69
NoBSU said:

DustyM said:

WE ARE DOOMED!!!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.