Story Poster
Seth Russell
Jim Grobe
Baylor Football

Russell, Grobe meet with media prior to TCU

October 31, 2016

Baylor senior quarterback Seth Russell and head coach Jim Grobe met with the media to discuss Baylor's first loss of the 2016 season and provided insight on their upcoming matchup with TCU at McLane Stadium.

Seth Russell

On his possible concussion…
“I feel great. Definitely feel like I’m going to play. Just going through some concussion protocols. That’s what they want me to do so I’m going to do that. I feel great. Woke up with a lot of energy this morning and ready to get after TCU.”

If he remembers which hit it came from…
“Took a couple of helmet-to-helmet ones, but I don’t really recall any one that just hurt, I guess. It was really later on. It was probably about an hour and a half after the game. I was sitting at my finances’ grandma’s house and were just eating dinner there and started feeling a little nauseous. Kind of went down hill from there. Not too bad. “

What the plan is for monitoring his status…
“I’ll meet with the doctor later today and do some physical stuff to see if any symptoms, or whatever, may come back.”

On Texas getting a lot of sacks on Saturday…
“Yeah, we’ll clean it up. I think we kind of got out of our grove a little bit. We were moving the first (drive), and then I threw the interception the second drive, the first plays which kind of threw us off a little bit, but then we came back and came back and answered back. Then their defense made some adjustments. Some good adjustments that kind of stalemated us for a little bit.”

“We’ll clean up all those things and be better this week.”

Expectations for the remainder of the season…
“I still think Big 12 Championship, for sure.”

What the team has to do to move forward…
“I think it is just to stay focused. More noise outside, but we’ve got to stay focused, got to keep fighting. Got to put this behind us, you know, learn from what we did wrong. Get better at what we can fix and we will try to come out and get the win on Saturday.”

On if he felt the possible concussion during the game…
“I didn’t feel anything during the game. Like I said, it was about an hour, an hour and a half after the game that I started feeling some of those symptoms.”

His helmet situation during the game…
“I have a facemask that is bent in from the first half. I don’t know from whatever hit it was. If you have any questions if my neck is still healthy, you can look at that facemark and it will give you a good answer. The front left of it is collapsed in.”

What TCU’s defense looks like this season…
“Coach (Gary) Patterson does a great job of putting them in the right place at the right time, the right calls. They like to check a lot. Check into what our formations are. That’s where we have to play fast and trust what we can do on the offensive side. If we’re checking a lot, they are going to check. They have done a great job so far, especially keeping Tech to a low score. They’re a high scoring offense. To hold them what they held them it shows they are playing at a really high level. We have to bring that energy that I know they’re going to bring. It’s a big rivalry game.”

On running the ball as often as he has…
“It’s just kind of part of it. If I have to carry it, I’ll carry it. If it’s part of the game plan, we will execute it. It just kind of goes into to whatever is needed. If I need to do that, I will. If not, I’ll let the running backs do it and let the other guys get the ball in their hands.”
Discussion from...

Russell talks concussion; Grobe previews TCU

3,612 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Colt B.
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.