Story Poster

BREAKING: Offensive lineman Ylijah Hall has decided to leave Baylor

August 7, 2018

After being with the team all summer, 2018 offensive lineman Ylijaah Hall‍ has decided to leave Baylor. A source close to the program told SicEm365 it was due to homesickness.

Hall only had one other power five offer and it was from Houston.

He was expected to reshirt this season. He was in the 2018 class that included Jackson Kimble‍, Casey Phillips‍, Connor Galvin‍, and Princeton Pines‍.

Hall is the sixth player to leave the program in the last three weeks, joining redshirt freshman defensive end Justin Harris, sophomore cornerback Timarcus Davis, junior wide receiver Rajah Preciado, sophomore Demarco Artis and redshirt freshman Trevon Lewis. 

Discussion from...

BREAKING: Offensive lineman Ylijah Hall has decided to leave Baylor

23,065 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ABC BEAR
ImwithBU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Didnt realize that Bryan/College Station was sooooooooo far from Waco. Homesick? Really...
Baylor3216
Wow
Loaded4Bear
Look at the bright side. Nobody quit yesterday!
"It it ain't broke, get a bigger hammer!"
Timbear
Why would a guy so committed quit before he even starts?
modeup9
Classes and the whole college responsibility thing might be a bit overwhelming. Maybe!
Grizz Air
Jersey is redefining attrition.
bularry
Timbear said:

Why would a guy so committed quit before he even starts?
yeah, didn't even make it a semester. very strange.

Dia del DougO
I wouldn't be surprised of there was somebody stirring up crap from the outside with rumors that Baylor is about to get nailed bigtime by the NCAA.

Wouldn't be the first time.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
BUGWBBear
Grizz Air said:

He's practically made it vogue.
historian
ImwithBU said:

Didnt realize that Bryan/College Station was sooooooooo far from Waco. Homesick? Really...

It's a little over an hour's drive--and Hwy 6 is a much improved highway. That cannot be the only reason.
BUBear24
historian said:

ImwithBU said:

It's a little over an hour's drive--and Hwy 6 is a much improved highway. That cannot be the only reason.
There's about 18-20 kids on the OL now, most of them his age- FR and SO. When you're a project take and you see that many bodies in front of you, I can see that as well.
MrGolfguy
The most surprising bit of info from this announcement?

Houston is a Power 5
Jacques Strap
Maybe it is the new transfer rules but in the past players left after the spring semester ended because they found out in spring practice they were behingd on the depth chart. Now people leave in August pre-season camp. Maybe this is the new thing. Are other programs losing people during pre-season?
Aberzombie1892
MrGolfguy said:

The most surprising bit of info from this announcement?

Houston is a Power 5
This comment is underrated.

Also, they must have meant FBS.
BaylorRocks
bye
MarineBear
I know the reports about the bowl ban were only a couple days ago, but do you think any of the negative press and unknown punishments (if any) are having any impact on all of these guys leaving here recently?
Brian Ethridge
Staff
MarineBear said:

I know the reports about the bowl ban were only a couple days ago, but do you think any of the negative press and unknown punishments (if any) are having any impact on all of these guys leaving here recently?

There is no bowl ban.
Golden Helmet
If it's really homesickness he's a Snowflake
Loaded4Bear
ImwithBU said:

My freshman year at Baylor in 1981, we had a highly touted offensive lineman in our class from a small town in Texas that quit and went home. He had a girlfriend at home. Was on the phone with her 16 hours one evening/ morning before he finally fell asleep. He quit before two-a-days was over and left Baylor before school started. So yes, as far fetched as it sounds, it happens.
bear2be2
Grizz Air said:

We needed some attrition to even out the classes. You hate to see these guys leave, but their doing so allows us to recruit a full(ish) 2019 class, which will keep us from repeating the same numbers game every four years.
BaylorRocks
Grizz Air said:

You're such a gutless juvenile. bye bye <IGNORE>
Loaded4Bear
zunooreo said:

Grizz Air said:

Man, you need to grow some nuts and a little bit thicker skin. Relax!!

Okay, I just gotta know. What does your screen name mean? It is definitely unique. I am curious.
ImwithBU
Loaded4Bear said:

ImwithBU said:

My freshman year at Baylor in 1981, we had a highly touted offensive lineman in our class from a small town in Texas that quit and went home. He had a girlfriend at home. Was on the phone with her 16 hours one evening/ morning before he finally fell asleep. He quit before two-a-days was over and left Baylor before school started. So yes, as far fetched as it sounds, it happens.

We call that vagina whipped. Its undefeated by the way. That's not homesick
robby44
Loaded4Bear said:

ImwithBU said:

Yep
My freshman year 1982 we had a kid from McGregor claimed he was homesick and quit before the first week of two days were over
I could never understand it considering all the hard work as effort it takes to get to that level
BaylorRocks
Loaded4Bear said:

zunooreo said:

Grizz Air said:

Okay, I just gotta know. What does your screen name mean? It is definitely unique. I am curious.
I don't tolerate the cowardly disrespect. Its unnecessary, and completely out of bounds....even on a free forum like this. So it is my choice to use the feature provided to us, in order to not clutter my feed with anything this punk has on his/her mind. It doesn't affect you; grow some nuts.
Loaded4Bear
zunooreo said:

Loaded4Bear said:

zunooreo said:

Grizz Air said:

I don't tolerate the cowardly disrespect. Its unnecessary, and completely out of bounds....even on a free forum like this. So it is my choice to use the feature provided to us, in order to not clutter my feed with anything this punk has on his/her mind. It doesn't affect you; grow some nuts.
"Jersey is redefining attrition" is light years away from being the most inflammatory thing I have seen here regarding the new football coach. I think Coach Rhule will get much more respect when he starts proving Baylor can beat the UTSAs of the world.
BaylorRocks
Loaded4Bear said:

zunooreo said:

Loaded4Bear said:

zunooreo said:

Grizz Air said:

"Jersey is redefining attrition" is light years away from being the most inflammatory thing I have seen here regarding the new football coach. I think Coach Rhule will get much more respect when he starts proving Baylor can beat the UTSAs of the world.
Nice old-tread cheap shot; you fit on free site perfectly. CMR is already so many lightyears ahead of you in the category of respect, its stupid.

Cheers,
ImwithBU
zunooreo said:

Loaded4Bear said:

zunooreo said:

Loaded4Bear said:

zunooreo said:

Grizz Air said:

Nice old-tread cheap shot; you fit on free site perfectly. CMR is already so many lightyears ahead of you in the category of respect, its stupid.

Cheers,

I'm sure most are thinking this but they wont say it. We love Baylor, I rather have Briles but I'm a Baylor alum and fan so I will ride with Rhule. However I'm an tired of of his raw raw speeches. Show me results and stop all the talking. Preach that process stuff to your players if you think it works. All I care about is wins on the field. He is already the most talkative coach at Baylor and has the least results. I don't remember Briles running his mouth like this, not Drew, not Mulkey or any of the other coaches who have been more successful. For coach and show me something, I don't need bgh your pep talks. He should of been a politician or lawyer because he can definitely sell you on some stuff
BaylorRocks
ImwithBU said:

zunooreo said:

Loaded4Bear said:

zunooreo said:

Loaded4Bear said:

zunooreo said:

Grizz Air said:

Cheers,

I'm sure most are thinking this but they wont say it. We love Baylor, I rather have Briles but I'm a Baylor alum and fan so I will ride with Rhule. However I'm an tired of of his raw raw speeches. Show me results and stop all the talking. Preach that process stuff to your players if you think it works. All I care about is wins on the field. He is already the most talkative coach at Baylor and has the least results. I don't remember Briles running his mouth like this, not Drew, not Mulkey or any of the other coaches who have been more successful. For coach and show me something, I don't need bgh your pep talks. He should of been a politician or lawyer because he can definitely sell you on some stuff
He deserves three years - period. Just like anyone taking over what he did, does/would. Anyone that argues with that is just plain stupid, or a non-Baylor troll.

Hmm, "All I care about is wins on the field." Nice to know.
Loaded4Bear
zunooreo said:

Loaded4Bear said:

zunooreo said:

Loaded4Bear said:

zunooreo said:

Grizz Air said:

Cheers,
5.8K 28
Loaded4Bear
zunooreo said:

ImwithBU said:

zunooreo said:

Loaded4Bear said:

zunooreo said:

Loaded4Bear said:

zunooreo said:

Grizz Air said:

Cheers,

Hmm, "All I care about is wins on the field." Nice to know.
Baylor University. Where football is no longer about winning or losing.......................................but about the ice cream!!!

xiledinok
ImwithBU said:

zunooreo said:

Loaded4Bear said:

zunooreo said:

Loaded4Bear said:

zunooreo said:

Grizz Air said:

Cheers,

Rhule talks like a chatty pro coach. He definitely is not the jock sniffer fan's coach. He went to a blue blood, those coaches and players have to tolerate the dinners and alumni jock worshiping events (what made Mack Brown great at UT and Art not hire able). He has his message and won't vary.

Kim runs her mouth. She's closer to Jody Condradt these days than Muffet McGraw. She gets a free pass because Ian gave her a dumb deal. She cannot go anywhere and get remotely the wide range of freedom she gets at Baylor. We ll see what she does with this #1 recruiting class.
Drew is Drew. He'd rather talk about players' souls than the game (Great Christian branding that the regents love) .
EvilTroyAndAbed
Brian Ethridge said:

MarineBear said:

There is no bowl ban.
And why would anyone who is a Freshman or a redshirt give a crap about a possible 1-year bowl ban?
EvilTroyAndAbed
ImwithBU said:

I'm an tired of of his raw raw speeches.
"raw raw?"

You're an alum?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.