Football
Sponsored by

No Football this Fall in Chapel Hill, N.C.

4,713 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cowboycwr
cowboycwr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's right. Chapel Hill High school has cancelled the varsity football season because lack of players in the upper grade levels. This is the 2nd team in the area to cancel this year and one cancelled last year.

Is that area of N.C. having people move out and the schools should consolidate or is it another reason for this? Yes I know kids don't play sports as much as they used to, especially football with the CTE fears, but it hasn't been a major problem for schools to where they have to cancel seasons and not 3 in one area in back to back seasons.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/article216635205.html

CorsicanaBear
Chapel Hill = Extremely liberal town aka Hippie Hill. Not surprising.
Illigitimus non carborundum
xiledinok
Half of the high school football programs in Arizona are getting cut. The sheriffs in those places where football is getting cut aren't liberals since football and politics mix on the Baylor board but nowhere else.
Todd Graham and his former staff (including the AGGIE) left an impression in the state. The impression is that football isn't worth the time or the money to have a program. Todd didn't sell football too well in my opinion.
cowboycwr
Wow. two posts in to take a shot at the BU former staff in a thread about HS football downsizing...........
xiledinok
cowboycwr said:

Wow. two posts in to take a shot at the BU former staff in a thread about HS football downsizing...........
He was on the staff. He worked for the guy. They are liberals in Scottsdale? Arizona State 's debacle turned off people. Terrible for football.
REX
cowboycwr said:

Yep that's right. Coach Bennett is shutting down high school football in Arizona. Good call X
WNCBear
In no way trying to start an argument...

They are not hippies. You want hippies, come to Asheville (WNC). The folks in CH are disproportionately academic ideologues who's reality ship sailed long ago.

My two cents.
bularry
WNCBear said:

They are not hippies. You want hippies, come to Asheville (WNC). The folks in CH are disproportionately academic ideologues who's reality ship sailed long ago.

My two cents.

I sure am glad that academic ship has sailed
WNCBear
bularry said:

WNCBear said:

My two cents.

I sure am glad that academic ship has sailed
Just to clarify, I said reality ship.
xiledinok
REX said:

cowboycwr said:

Yep that's right. Coach Bennett is shutting down high school football in Arizona. Good call X

His buddy contributed and he was on staff for the final memories.

"Coach gets burned by son" song and dance at ASU.

I m told Coach Graham and his staff (that would be his son) didn't help the game of football. Take it or leave it.
cowboycwr
xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

He was on the staff. He worked for the guy. They are liberals in Scottsdale? Arizona State 's debacle turned off people. Terrible for football.

It is a thread about high school football in North Carolina but you found a way to make it about you and the former staff.
cowboycwr
REX said:

cowboycwr said:

Apparently he is also responsible for shutting down high school football in North Carolina which the thread is about....
xiledinok
cowboycwr said:

REX said:

cowboycwr said:

Apparently he is also responsible for shutting down high school football in North Carolina which the thread is about....

I thought it was about football getting the axe at high schools.
I gave you other examples. California schools are cutting the game out of high schools as well.
DAC
xiledinok said:

Half of the high school football programs in Arizona are getting cut. The sheriffs in those places where football is getting cut aren't liberals since football and politics mix on the Baylor board but nowhere else.
Todd Graham and his former staff (including the AGGIE) left an impression in the state. The impression is that football isn't worth the time or the money to have a program. Todd didn't sell football too well in my opinion.

WOW!!
REX
cowboycwr said:

REX said:

cowboycwr said:

Ha just responding to the third post of the thread where x is slamming Coach Bennett
xiledinok
REX said:

cowboycwr said:

REX said:

cowboycwr said:

Ha just responding to the third post of the thread where x is slamming Coach Bennett

Rex, you want scalps and are bitter.
I am just passing along that Arizona State didn't help the high schools with Graham and company.
Sell a guy going to a place where large high schools are not interested in fielding a team with 30 players.
syme
Mitch Blood Green
Misleading thread title. There will be lots of football in Chapel Hill. For whatever reason, this high school can't field a varsity.

They were 1-9 last year. Seems to me they had other options including elevating the JV to varsity. They chose not to.
cowboycwr
xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

REX said:

cowboycwr said:

I gave you other examples. California schools are cutting the game out of high schools as well.
No you went off on a tangent with zero evidence. CTE is a well documented reason that parents keep kids out of football. There is no documentation for what you claim. Just you saying that one college coach caused kids to lose an interest in a sport......
xiledinok
cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

REX said:

cowboycwr said:

No you went off on a tangent with zero evidence. CTE is a well documented reason that parents keep kids out of football. There is no documentation for what you claim. Just you saying that one college coach caused kids to lose an interest in a sport......

There's documentation that the Arizona State legislators are not interested in bailing out ASU for their football program costing the taxpayers too much money.
They weren't happy paying the astronomical payout for their football coach who embarrassed the school. The public is moving towards shutting down programs. ASU's follies made it easier for school boards. All facts.

Rex, Sonny Dykes helped bore people with Berkeley football. Fortunately, he and Kaz cannot damage football at SMU like their past jobs. Their program already has its foot in the grave. Stay bitter and angry?
cowboycwr
xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

REX said:

cowboycwr said:

There's documentation that the Arizona State legislators are not interested in bailing out ASU for their football program costing the taxpayers too much money.
They weren't happy paying the astronomical payout for their football coach who embarrassed the school. The public is moving towards shutting down programs. ASU's follies made it easier for school boards. All facts.

Rex, Sonny Dykes helped bore people with Berkeley football. Fortunately, he and Kaz cannot damage football at SMU like their past jobs. Their program already has its foot in the grave. Stay bitter and angry?
And none of that has anything to do with high school age kids choosing not to play football.

REX
xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

REX said:

cowboycwr said:

Haven't slept in a couple of weeks have you?
It's going to be ok
PartyBear
Where are the news stories about Arizona State causing school districts across that state to shut down football? Hell where are news stories about school districts across Az shutting down for any reason?
ABC BEAR
Maybe CHHS can add Cornhole to the roster of competitive sports.

For those of you not familiar with the game: It's a team sport where you and your partner stand opposite each other, grasp your corn bags lightly in one hand and launch your corn toward the hole on your partners end. Some can determine the proper angle and drop their corn straight into the opening while others come short of the hole and hope that it slides in.

Clenching your bag too tightly can certainly alter your accuracy at hitting the hole and undershooting or undershooting is to be avoided. Missing the hole means you have no more corn to throw and will have to wait until your corn is recovered and returned.

This game can be quite exhilarating in a tight scoring situation and is a great way to make lifelong friends.

Repetitive use of the wrist is one potential injury concern. Concussion protocol is very rare in this sport unless you and your partner klonk heads while attempting a chest bump.
xiledinok
PartyBear said:

Where are the news stories about Arizona State causing school districts across that state to shut down football? Hell where are news stories about school districts across Az shutting down for any reason?
Go check yourself. It's been in the Phoenix paper. It's too expensive and people are turned off by things. The Arizona residents seemed not to like how it went down at ASU. It's okay, they still have the NFL.
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

REX said:

cowboycwr said:

Haven't slept in a couple of weeks have you?
It's going to be ok
Bitter and angry. It's okay. There's always a resale value on damaged goods.
xiledinok
cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

REX said:

cowboycwr said:

You sound like a parent at a school where they get slaughtered Tuesday-Fridays. Mamas and daddies don't find football as attractive in Arizona and ASU didn't make those parents believe they need football. It's never their kid who will get hurt.
My source is pretty good. He did tell me before the 2017 season that ASU was going to most likely fire Graham, who weakened football. Graham had his underqualified kid coaching on the staff and kid couldn't keep his dirty hands off those beautiful coeds (too bad sheriff Joe didn't have him in pink). Graham had used all his credibility already at ASU.

I needed to point out that even in conservative places, football was getting drained. Of course, I knew to tie in Bennett who worked for the low character coach. Bennett doesn't want to make it three years in a row? No one wants to pay millions to be scored upon at rapid pace?
cowboycwr
xiledinok said:

PartyBear said:

Go check yourself. It's been in the Phoenix paper. It's too expensive and people are turned off by things. The Arizona residents seemed not to like how it went down at ASU. It's okay, they still have the NFL.
Expensive... not a problem caused by college coaches.

ASU problems did not cause an entire state to decide to stop playing hs football.
cowboycwr
xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

REX said:

cowboycwr said:

You sound like a parent at a school where they get slaughtered Tuesday-Fridays. Mamas and daddies don't find football as attractive in Arizona and ASU didn't make those parents believe they need football. It's never their kid who will get hurt.
My source is pretty good. He did tell me before the 2017 season that ASU was going to most likely fire Graham, who weakened football. Graham had his underqualified kid coaching on the staff and kid couldn't keep his dirty hands off those beautiful coeds (too bad sheriff Joe didn't have him in pink). Graham had used all his credibility already at ASU.

I needed to point out that even in conservative places, football was getting drained. Of course, I knew to tie in Bennett who worked for the low character coach. Bennett doesn't want to make it three years in a row? No one wants to pay millions to be scored upon at rapid pace?
LOL.

Your source?

You have a source that has polled high school students in Arizona to find out why they are not playing football and schools have had to cancel seasons as a result?

As usual you took a thread about football and turned it into your own personal platform to tie in to the former staff and attack them when they had nothing to do with the topic.

Kids in Arizona (or any of the other 49 states) do not wake up and think "gee Bennett is a bad coach. I think for that reason I will not play pee wee, junior high or high school football.

I don't say this often but it seems to me you need a temporary break from this site to learn how to not derail threads and make them all about you and your personal vendetta.
xiledinok
cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

PartyBear said:

ASU problems did not cause an entire state to decide to stop playing hs football.
They caused debt at the school and the citizens were more than upset paying that clown to go away.
cowboycwr
xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

PartyBear said:

They caused debt at the school and the citizens were more than upset paying that clown to go away.
Which again has nothing to do with why teens are not playing high school football.

Seriously mods can we get rid of this clown?
xiledinok
cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

REX said:

cowboycwr said:

LOL.

Your source?

You have a source that has polled high school students in Arizona to find out why they are not playing football and schools have had to cancel seasons as a result?

As usual you took a thread about football and turned it into your own personal platform to tie in to the former staff and attack them when they had nothing to do with the topic.

Kids in Arizona (or any of the other 49 states) do not wake up and think "gee Bennett is a bad coach. I think for that reason I will not play pee wee, junior high or high school football.

I don't say this often but it seems to me you need a temporary break from this site to learn how to not derail threads and make them all about you and your personal vendetta.
Those parents turned on their tv and saw that display Graham put on and they were turned off. My source is not in Waco or Texas.
I think you need to buy a few cattle and see what it is like to actually own a cow.
xiledinok
cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

PartyBear said:

Which again has nothing to do with why teens are not playing high school football.

Look genius, you don't pay a dime, why should I worry about you? No one cares about the guy in the backroom with no money screaming about how things should be ran.
cowboycwr
xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

REX said:

cowboycwr said:

LOL.

Your source?

Those parents turned on their tv and saw that display Graham put on and they were turned off. My source is not in Waco or Texas.
I think you need to buy a few cattle and see what it is like to actually own a cow.
Which still has zero to do with kids choosing to not play football in North Carolina or Arizona.
cowboycwr
xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

PartyBear said:

Look genius, you don't pay a dime, why should I worry about you? No one cares about the guy in the backroom with no money screaming about how things should be ran.
Clearly you do worry as you take time to respond to not only every post of mine but every post on this football board that challenges the light you paint the former staff in, every post that points out how you turn EVERY thread into an attack on the former staff, and are first to show up on any thread that has any information that makes others at BU look dirty instead of only the former staff.

No one is screaming about how things should be run.

I am trying to get you to understand that the former staff has zero, nothing, 0, nada, zilch, to do with why teens are not playing high school football in North Carolina, Arizona, Hawaii or any other state.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.