Football
Sponsored by

KD Cannon Chimes in on Baylor "Scandal"

17,904 Views | 129 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Krieg
SIC EM 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Of course they are already suggesting his comments could be the death sentence for his chances of making the Cowboys' roster.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/KD-Cannon-thinks-some-of-Baylor-scandal-was-made-up-120713047
EatMoreSalmon
Not sure the writer of the story has been keeping up with... well... the story.
Eball
This is the problem the writer of the story is so wrong on his facts it is unbelievable. Trying to explain the nuances of fact though is a losing battle cause the media doesn't want the narrative challenged. K.D. obviously not the most articulate person just did not say what is obvious he meant to say very well. Sort of like CAB. It's a shame.
Loaded4Bear
SIC EM 94 said:

Of course they are already suggesting his comments could be the death sentence for his chances of making the Cowboys' roster.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/KD-Cannon-thinks-some-of-Baylor-scandal-was-made-up-120713047
Good for KD. I always felt like KD was kind of on the cocky side and not quite a team player, but I tip my hat to him for standing up for his coach.

I am sure the BOR water carriers will be here shortly spouting CABer and their other perceived insulting nicknames. What exactly is a CABer? If it is anyone that feels like Coach Art Briles got SCREWED by Baylor, I guess I am in the CABer camp. As the evidence and details slowly trickle out, it looks more and more like he and his coaching staff were scapegoated by some very dishonest and self-serving people.
"It it ain't broke, get a bigger hammer!"
BoonDockSaint
I cringed at first worried about what he was going to say

But i agree with him 100%
xiledinok
Is it too late for him to enroll September 1 and play his senior year?
Loaded4Bear
xiledinok said:

No way. This team has so much talent at receiver that KD would probably be relegated to the Scout Team.
"It it ain't broke, get a bigger hammer!"
Wichitabear
Indeed
xiledinok
Loaded4Bear said:

xiledinok said:

No way. This team has so much talent at receiver that KD would probably be relegated to the Scout Team.

I figured he might want to pickup a diploma. Rico and him can strike up a band.
OnField6158
Gotta get those clicks though, am I right? Any old news we could possibly dredge up to get some attention!

It's been years, sick of hearing about this *****
Timbear
Way to go, KD. Stand up for what you believe.
BUbearinARK
All the best to him
historian
No knock on KD, but I love the headline.

Imagine there are people in the media who create fake news!! Who knew? Besides anyone who has ever heard of/paid attention to Dan Rather, CNN, espn, Rolling Stone, NY Times, etc. It might be easier to compile a list of media outlets/journalists that still have some integrity!

Even the report in the link above misconstrues what Cannon said. He clearly said he though the news reports were wrong, not the victims making accusations. How is that "insulting to the victims"? And where was this "overwhelming evidence"? I've never seen it reported anywhere. Cannon's biggest mistake was probably talking to the toad from FWST in the first place.

I am so ready for football. It will be easier to ignore the insanity coming out of Washington and the newsrooms reporting on it all.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
xiledinok
Did he play high like Josh Gordon?
Future former NFL camp body gets very little pub while All Pro (when he is off coke and weed) could get front page headlines.

There's a moving story here if he doesn't match the company line. Let's hope he has enough money to finish school after he gives rap and hip hop a chance. He is too short for the NBA.
He ll need street cred to be a hip hop star. Former jocks trying music are a dime a dozen. I m not sold on the mean streets of Mount Plesant or whatever tall tree town in the sticks to produce hip hop stars.
Timbear
It's pretty cheap for some posters on here to continually trash former Baylor players. It's clear that these posters never want players from the Briles years to succeed because it might reflect positively on Art.
xiledinok
Timbear said:

It's pretty cheap for some posters on here to continually trash former Baylor players. It's clear that these posters never want players from the Briles years to succeed because it might reflect positively on Art.

Like Cannon was going to comment negatively after Briles' crew made them their boy. He did not have the character to run his drills at 49er mini camp. Why should the football world or the world care what some college dropout turned camp body thinks?

Forest Bueller
EatMoreSalmon said:

Jackass Engel trying to create more crap.

Can't ever trust anybody like that, just say no comment.
la1037
Timbear said:

Sickening isn't it. These guys are not Baylor fans and probably not alumni. They are simply BOR shrills.
"We are unaware of any situation where you personally had contact with anyone who directly reported to you being the victim of sexual assault or that you directly discouraged the victim of an alleged sexual assault from reporting to law enforcement or university officials. Nor are we aware of any situation where you played a student athlete who had been found responsible for sexual assault.”
- Chris Holmes, Baylor General Counsel
xiledinok
la1037 said:

Timbear said:

Sickening isn't it. These guys are not Baylor fans and probably not alumni. They are simply BOR shrills.

I root for the name on the front of the jersey. If you believe these guys get national championship treatment for life after winning it all, you are clueless.
He can pay for the rest of his education. He is going to need his 49er signing bonus.
BealBear
Timbear said:

So true, the posters on the pay board will tell you to move on it was Art's fault but are the first ones to jump on former players for telling their side of the story, shameful.
historian
Timbear said:

I don't know how many trolls are on these boards, but it sometimes seems like there are lots of them.
Johnny Bear
historian said:

Timbear said:

I don't know how many trolls are on these boards, but it sometimes seems like there are lots of them.
Agree and about 90%+ of the time it's easy to spot them.
SIC EM 94
Forest Bueller said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

I despise Mac Engel, as much as anyone, but this article has no connection whatsoever to him or the Ft. Worth Star Telegram...from what I can tell.

Just FYI
Forest Bueller
SIC EM 94 said:

Forest Bueller said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

I despise Mac Engel, as much as anyone, but this article has no connection whatsoever to him or the Ft. Worth Star Telegram...from what I can tell.

Just FYI
Sorry, that is bad on my part. I read the article and saw where he was quoted by Mac to say that he didn't think everything they said about Baylor/Briles was true. I should have gone to the top of the page to see the writer of the article.

My mistake.
jackets320
Engle full article in today's Ft Worth Startlegram
cowboycwr
Loaded4Bear said:

xiledinok said:

That or he would only be used on plays where we run or throw the ball 5 yards down field..... wait that is every play we run 1st- 3rd quarter......
xiledinok
He would be walking back to the huddle after an incompletion, talking to the quarterback and pointing where he wanted it thrown while the opposing defensive backs would be getting in their two cents with smiles on their faces.
SIC EM 94
Forest Bueller said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Forest Bueller said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

Just FYI
Sorry, that is bad on my part. I read the article and saw where he was quoted by Mac to say that he didn't think everything they said about Baylor/Briles was true. I should have gone to the top of the page to see the writer of the article.

My mistake.

No need to apologize or anything of the sorts. I was simply pointing out the source of the article.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
SIC EM 94 said:

Forest Bueller said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Forest Bueller said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

Just FYI

My mistake.

No need to apologize or anything of the sorts. I was simply pointing out the source of the article.

Source was Mac with 247 doing an article to get clicks.

Not sure why KD would be asked as he wasn't on campus during the times investigated, if I remember right. KD hasn't been in trouble to my knowledge and was a good kid when we interviewed him. He's a man now and trying to earn a living. I hope he makes it, despite the odds against him. Nobody on the Cowboys have his top end speed, nobody.

He can also come back to complete his degree on Baylor's dime since he left early for the draft, if I remember right.
Thee University
la1037 said:

Timbear said:

Reminds me of all you sniveling apologists still clinging to the soiled and tattered robe all while rejoicing in Rhule's 1-11 start.

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
la1037
Loaded4Bear said:

xiledinok said:

I'm assuming this is a joke? KD was a legit heisman watch list guy before everything got blown to hell.
"We are unaware of any situation where you personally had contact with anyone who directly reported to you being the victim of sexual assault or that you directly discouraged the victim of an alleged sexual assault from reporting to law enforcement or university officials. Nor are we aware of any situation where you played a student athlete who had been found responsible for sexual assault.”
MilliVanilli
la1037 said:

Loaded4Bear said:

xiledinok said:

I'm assuming this is a joke? KD was a legit heisman watch list guy before everything got blown to hell.
KD had a good freshman campaign and never improved beyond it.
la1037
Thee University said:

la1037 said:

Timbear said:

Reminds me of all you sniveling apologists still clinging to the soiled and tattered robe all while rejoicing in Rhule's 1-11 start.

Who would that be? I don't know anyone rejoicing in Rhules start. I wish he could be half of what Briles was. I truly do. It is what it is and I can't change it so I want him to win. He just doesn't seem to grasp his situation. I wish he was smart enough to build on what he had in house and not ask a sports car to pull a plow. I want him to win. I want Baylor to win.

Do you? I think you prefer to preach and be sanctimonious. I think you like to cover for your BOR buddies. I think that is what makes you tick. You will probably feed us a bs line that it's only integrity that matters like no one else who wants to win cares about integrity or some line of bs like that.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.