Football
Sponsored by

KD Cannon Chimes in on Baylor "Scandal"

17,920 Views | 129 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Krieg
NoBSU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gobbeldygook said:

People wanted this topic to die a swift death the moment Briles was fired. Cognitive dissonance at its finest. The available information that damns Briles revolves around text messages regarding one player with a gun who threatened someone and another, Oakman I believe, that harassed a masseuse. These issues stayed hidden from Judicial Affairs. Along with other minor issues these are fireable offenses

It is my opinion that Briles shouldn't have been fired. He should have been suspended like Urban Meyer next week. That decision was the worst move for PR purposes. It either wittingly or unwittingly scapegoated the football program.

The Briles saga is essentially over. It will, however, linger in the minds of all Baylor alumni for at least 20 years as the most poorly run scandal management in college history, barely removed from a previous scandal. We should not forget this and constantly ask ourselves, "Why does this continue to happen at our alma mater?" "What is the source?" These are important questions in rooting out the real problem.
Keep acting like 100% of Briles' sins are out there in the public. The sheep around here will buy it. Say it another two dozen times and you may believe it yourself.

Why do we keep getting scandals? Because our fans are a bunch of animals. Ostriches with their heads in the sand when their hero is winning. Whiny, irritated sheep waiting to be sheared again after we get caught.
Eball
NoBSU said:

gobbeldygook said:

People wanted this topic to die a swift death the moment Briles was fired. Cognitive dissonance at its finest. The available information that damns Briles revolves around text messages regarding one player with a gun who threatened someone and another, Oakman I believe, that harassed a masseuse. These issues stayed hidden from Judicial Affairs. Along with other minor issues these are fireable offenses

It is my opinion that Briles shouldn't have been fired. He should have been suspended like Urban Meyer next week. That decision was the worst move for PR purposes. It either wittingly or unwittingly scapegoated the football program.

The Briles saga is essentially over. It will, however, linger in the minds of all Baylor alumni for at least 20 years as the most poorly run scandal management in college history, barely removed from a previous scandal. We should not forget this and constantly ask ourselves, "Why does this continue to happen at our alma mater?" "What is the source?" These are important questions in rooting out the real problem.
Keep acting like 100% of Briles' sins are out there in the public. The sheep around here will buy it. Say it another two dozen times and you may believe it yourself.

Why do we keep getting scandals? Because our fans are a bunch of animals. Ostriches with their heads in the sand when their hero is winning. Whiny, irritated sheep waiting to be sheared again after we get caught.

So not the leadership's fault it is all the followers fault ? Seriously?
xiledinok
Briles needed to be fired and unfortunately for his followers the general public believes he should never been seen again near an American college.
He made the decisions and he gets to live with them the rest of his life. They chose to not handle things like adults. Now, no one trusts him and his lying disformation campaign.
His career of wreckless behavior caught up with him.

In the end if it gets too hot, RR just dumps information on the former regime and we get to see if these schools want to employ our former staff. Evil RR can spin it all to make him look good. The only thing the former regime has left is to attack our future former dirt bag administrator.
NoBSU
Eball said:

NoBSU said:

gobbeldygook said:

I DIDN'T SAY THAT AT ALL!!! I swear some of you can't read.

You seem to want to live in a world where everybody is either a hero or a villian. The really stupid part of your accusation of me is that I have been critical of the administration and regents for 15 years on Baylor boards. I think they are all a little dirty including your hero Briles.

Plenty of bad actors on the regents along with sheep that let them have their way. Plenty of administrators that failed to care about women who thought they were assaulted meanwhile they spout about Baylor's Christian values. Plenty of coaches and people of power in the AD office that cared more about keeping the wins coming rather than weeding the garden.

The coaches deserve credit for the good people that the bring to the campus and they deserve criticism for the bad dudes. Had I been in the regent's chair, I wouldn't have fired Briles. I sure would have suspended him and put in some external observers on his program. I would have canned Starr and moved RR out of power to his tenure teaching Economics 201. Can't go lower than that unless it is online only classes. McCaw was a coin flip. I would have certainly amended his contract to require dark suits.

It is too bad for you that the regents didn't choose the PH whitewash option that Ian mentioned was on the menu.
xiledinok
bunation said:

That (Cannon's interview) took courage. More testament to the quality mentor Art Briles is.

Relying on today's media to handle truth is, by definition, foolishness.

A quality mentor would have taught him to run the first drill properly and complete it in 49ers training camp. The 49ers were so upset, embarrassed, figured they had wasted their top signing bonus that they cut him on the first day of mini camp.

I m a man, I don't blame the media and the true definition of character is not giving a sound bite to the media. Only a fool and his foolish followers would use his sound bite as a judge of character after the football world saw his character in 49ers camp.

Bunation, come September 2, you can give Cannon a job for less than $15 an hour and you can brag to your buddies that you employ him.
xiledinok
NoBSU said:

gobbeldygook said:

Sheep is being nice.
NoBSU
xiledinok said:

Briles needed to be fired and unfortunately for his followers the general public believes he should never been seen again near an American college.
He made the decisions and he gets to live with them the rest of his life. They chose to not handle things like adults. Now, no one trusts him and his lying disformation campaign.

In the end if it gets too hot, RR just dumps information on the former regime and we get to see if these schools want to employ our former staff. Evil RR can spin it all to make him look good. The only thing the former regime has left is to attack our future former dirt bag administrator.

Nobody wants Ramsower to stay. It is a very dangerous game Briles and others are playing here. Nobody wants Ramsower to stay. Keeping using KWTX to knock RR and you risk other documents leaking back on Briles and Baylor. Nobody wants Ramsower to stay. It seems like a no risk play where KWTX eagerly airs the targeted dirty laundry while you dare Baylor to fire back while they have an aggressive plaintiff's attorney broadly exploring all the tunnels he can find. Nobody wants Ramsower to stay. Push it too far and it blows up in your face.

Did I make the point that nobody wants Ramsower to stay?
NoBSU
xiledinok said:

NoBSU said:

gobbeldygook said:

Sheep is being nice.
Sometimes I give them a break. There are some bad dudes on the BOR. They are in transition on talking points. There are some bad dudes on the BOR. I thought that some new communication techniques might help explain my point that we don't live in a strange world that documenting bad actions of others means you are a saint. There are some bad dudes on the BOR. I don't see a lot of middle on this now. There are some bad dudes on the BOR. This thing either blows up (which is bad for everyone) or they keep the lid on it and we learn nothing. There are some bad dudes on the BOR. I think Dunnam has a lot of fuse & matches and is searching for the blasting caps.

Briles crew, be careful what you wish for or did you forget there are some bad dudes on the BOR?
xiledinok
Remember the comment "one foot out the door" brought to you by the classless daughter of the former coach.
It didn't take the media or some political operative to cause alarm at the lack of character with the fruitless claims of being a victim.
I ve known some dumb ones but that chick had more holes in her conscious than Stormy Daniels has holes.
Eball
NoBSU said:

xiledinok said:

NoBSU said:

gobbeldygook said:

Sheep is being nice.
Sometimes I give them a break. There are some bad dudes on the BOR. They are in transition on talking points. There are some bad dudes on the BOR. I thought that some new communication techniques might help explain my point that we don't live in a strange world that documenting bad actions of others means you are a saint. There are some bad dudes on the BOR. I don't see a lot of middle on this now. There are some bad dudes on the BOR. This thing either blows up (which is bad for everyone) or they keep the lid on it and we learn nothing. There are some bad dudes on the BOR. I think Dunnam has a lot of fuse & matches and is searching for the blasting caps.

Briles crew, be careful what you wish for or did you forget there are some bad dudes on the BOR
?
Threat?
Eball
NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

gobbeldygook said:

You seem to want to live in a world where everybody is either a hero or a villian. The really stupid part of your accusation of me is that I have been critical of the administration and regents for 15 years on Baylor boards. I think they are all a little dirty including your hero Briles.

Plenty of bad actors on the regents along with sheep that let them have their way. Plenty of administrators that failed to care about women who thought they were assaulted meanwhile they spout about Baylor's Christian values. Plenty of coaches and people of power in the AD office that cared more about keeping the wins coming rather than weeding the garden.

The coaches deserve credit for the good people that the bring to the campus and they deserve criticism for the bad dudes. Had I been in the regent's chair, I wouldn't have fired Briles. I sure would have suspended him and put in some external observers on his program. I would have canned Starr and moved RR out of power to his tenure teaching Economics 201. Can't go lower than that unless it is online only classes. McCaw was a coin flip. I would have certainly amended his contract to require dark suits.

It is too bad for you that the regents didn't choose the PH whitewash option that Ian mentioned was on the menu.
uh..yes you did... "Why do we keep getting scandals? Because our fans are a bunch of animals. Ostriches with their heads in the sand when their hero is winning. Whiny, irritated sheep waiting to be sheared again after we get caught."

Who is this WE you speak of?
Eball
When X is your ally you need to double check your talking points.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
xiledinok said:

Remember the comment "one foot out the door" brought to you by the classless daughter of the former coach.
It didn't take the media or some political operative to cause alarm at the lack of character with the fruitless claims of being a victim.
I ve known some dumb ones but that chick had more holes in her conscious than Stormy Daniels has holes.
Not any more dumb or classless than a company telling a handful of their employees "Get to work, you SOBs. Do your job to the very best of your ability but we're kicking your sorry asses to the curb at the end of the year."

And somehow you think our former coaches should have been happy about this and had the warm and fuzzies. Unreal!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
xiledinok
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

Not any more dumb or classless than a company telling a handful of their employees "Get to work, you SOBs. Do your job to the very best of your ability but we're kicking your sorry asses to the curb at the end of the year."

And somehow you think they should have been happy about this and had the warm and fuzzies. Unreal!

At their pay grade, you best not do what they did.
They didn't have a problem taking the money. We saw online that it was just about a bowl bonus.
Adults handle adversity better than children. Couldn't be more true here.
xiledinok
Eball said:

I m batting like .800. I was wrong about Briles. I hadn't thought about an American football coaching job in Italy (not Texas).
RR has all the dirt. Just because we use our Baylor educated minds to realize he could damage Baylor and the former regime does not make us bad dudes.
NoBSU
Eball said:

NoBSU said:

xiledinok said:

NoBSU said:

gobbeldygook said:

Sheep is being nice.

Briles crew, be careful what you wish for or did you forget there are some bad dudes on the BOR
?
Threat?
Really! Dude, a large percentage of this board knows me since 2003 on Baylorfans with the location tag of Missouri. Briles folded his lawsuit after a few texts. I am in zero position of power at Baylor or any part of Texas. Briles folded his lawsuit after a few texts. Quit being ridiculous and remember what these guys do when cornered. Briles folded his lawsuitsl after a few texts. You guys must think that there is full protection with the new chairman. Briles folded his lawsuit after a few texts. But these guys fight dirty and have access to a lot of dirt. Briles folded his lawsuit after a few texts. Xiled is trying to warn what dirt can escape from under the rug. Briles folded his lawsuit after a few texts. I don't have a guy in this fight, but you do.

Did I make my point about how the regents will hurt Baylor to protect themselves? I warned at the time of the release of those texts that the referenced attorney assistance could open the NCAA door for impermissible benefits. Very irresponsible for regents who are supposed to be acting on Baylor's behalf to calm up on everything until they had skin in the game.
NoBSU
Eball said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

gobbeldygook said:

uh..yes you did... "Why do we keep getting scandals? Because our fans are a bunch of animals. Ostriches with their heads in the sand when their hero is winning. Whiny, irritated sheep waiting to be sheared again after we get caught."

Who is this WE you speak of?

Online Merriam Webster Dictionary

"Definition of we. 1 : I and the rest of a group that includes me : you and I : you and I and another or others."
NoBSU
xiledinok said:

Eball said:

I m batting like .800. I was wrong about Briles. I hadn't thought about an American football coaching job in Italy (not Texas).
RR has all the dirt. Just because we use our Baylor educated minds to realize he could damage Baylor and the former regime does not make us bad dudes.
If eball was the baseball coach, he would ignore that high slugging percentage and go for the risky squeeze play even though it is top of the third and HE is down down 7 runs.

Do I need to define my use of a pronoun there?
Eball
So it looks like we have a lot of common ground.

You truly believe the best thing is to keep things quiet, hidden, under wraps.

I believe you have shine the light wherever you can expose what ever is dirty otherwise it never gets fixed healed etc. it just continues to rot and fester.

I don't doubt or have ever believed that CAB was a perfect man or coach. I am sure he did make mistakes and some may or may not come to light but hey they will likely pale in comparison to some of the crap in the BOR and past Sr Leadership's closets.

So I will be the first to say I am for blowing it up ! We will be better for it long term.
xiledinok
"One foot out the door" is still rolling around coaching. There would be nothing more appetizing to the general public than watching a former Baylor administrator give the country a bird's eye view what was going down in Ian's athletic department. A bad dude mistreating fake victims?
Where is Robemcdo to explain this one? RR is a free agent here soon. It could be Porky's Revenge if you know what I mean.
xiledinok
NoBSU said:

xiledinok said:

Eball said:

If eball was the baseball coach, he would ignore that high slugging percentage and go for the risky squeeze play even though it is top of the third and HE is down down 7 runs.

He's probably picking Dave Kingman over Dave Winfield while picking teams on the school house lawn.
He would pick Jack Clark to pinch hit for Stan The Man.
NoBSU
Eball said:

So it looks like we have a lot of common ground.

You truly believe the best thing is to keep things quiet, hidden, under wraps.

I believe you have shine the light wherever you can expose what ever is dirty otherwise it never gets fixed healed etc. it just continues to rot and fester.

I don't doubt or have ever believed that CAB was a perfect man or coach. I am sure he did make mistakes and some may or may not come to light but hey they will likely pale in comparison to some of the crap in the BOR and past Sr Leadership's closets.

So I will be the first to say I am for blowing it up ! We will be better for it long term.
I think what is hidden is different than actions or inactions regarding sexual assault. No inside knowledge, just a feel.

You have a complete coaching staff change. You now have a new top administration. You have a some new blood on the board but a long way to go there. What is left that you want to blow up at Baylor? What if it is stuff that may fall under NCAA rules? Do you want to give that group that protects the North Carolinas of the world a chance to hit football the way they did our MBB after Bliss? That was as close to the death penalty as it gets.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
xiledinok said:

"One foot out the door" is still rolling around coaching. There would be nothing more appetizing to the general public than watching a former Baylor administrator give the country a bird's eye view what was going down in Ian's athletic department. A bad dude mistreating fake victims?
Where is Robemcdo to explain this one? RR is a free agent here soon. It's could be Porky's Revenge if you know what I mean.
Their would be nothing more appetizing than to watch the University of Houston win their conference and for Terence Williams to win the Heisman Trophy.

I wish our former coaches, their families, and our former players the very best. Of course I realize the Mean Girls here may disagree.

-- Barack Obama
NoBSU
xiledinok said:

NoBSU said:

xiledinok said:

Eball said:

He's probably picking Dave Kingman over Dave Winfield while picking teams on the school house lawn.
He would pick Jack Clark to pinch hit for Stan The Man.
Ouch. Tough image for this Cardinal fan. Although I still have a VHS of the playoffs with the camera zoomed in on Tommy Lasorda. He looked at Jack Clark in the batters box and said, "pitch to the son of a *****." Boom. HR and a winner.
xiledinok
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

Where is Robemcdo to explain this one? RR is a free agent here soon. It's could be Porky's Revenge if you know what I mean.
Their would be nothing more appetizing than to watch the University of Houston win their conference and for Terence Williams to win the Heisman Trophy.

I wish our former coaches, their families, and our former players the very best. Of course I realize the Mean Girls here may disagree.

Wrong board. The public perception will click up a storm with "former Baylor administrator speaks out" on athletic department problems"

Those Heisman odds are slim to none. DT Ed Oliver is the best player and will get rewarded on draft night and a nice starting salary. Real accolades are that you performed so well the NFL wants to pay you (not a college booster).
I want to see Tulsa beat UH. The Hide the White Women in Bixby Night.
jackets320
H, your racist is showing huh?
xiledinok
jackets320 said:

No, it's a joke. You d have to understand why it might cause a laugh (to non robe touchers or non former regime fanboys).

Nobsu, these fanboys would walk intentionally walk Ozzie Smith with Vince Coleman on second to face 1985 Willie McGee to set up the double play.
NoBSU
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

So you don't care about the people in the athletic department that were displaced? How mean girl of you.
NoBSU
xiledinok said:

jackets320 said:

No, it's a joke. You d have to understand why it might cause a laugh (to non robe touchers or non former regime fanboys).

Nobsu, these fanboys would walk intentionally walk Ozzie Smith with Vince Coleman on second to face 1985 Willie McGee to set up the double play.
Throw Willie three in the dirt and he will strike out also. He loved to swing those low ones. Willie had some timely hits, but yes he could find the double play. JD Drew us the guys that could get hits and RBIs anytime but when you were down with only a few outs to go. JD was the king of a double or homer with two on when we were up five.
xiledinok
NoBSU said:

xiledinok said:

jackets320 said:

Throw Willie three in the dirt and he will strike out also. He loved to swing those low ones. Willie had some timely hits, but yes he could find the double play. JD Drew us the guys that could get hits and RBIs anytime but when you were down with only a few outs to go. JD was the king of a double or homer with two on when we were up five.

Well, Willie did hit the ball hard and occasionally at them. They did walk Ozzie.
They might pitch around 2018 Dexter Flower too.
NoBSU
xiledinok said:

NoBSU said:

xiledinok said:

jackets320 said:

Well, Willie did hit the ball hard and occasionally at them. They did walk Ozzie.
They might pitch around 2018 Dexter Flower too.
Better than Garry Templeton. Stop running halfway to first conceding the foubleplay, then flip off the fans for booing. Best Trade Ever - Garry for Ozzie.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
NoBSU said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

So you don't care about the people in the athletic department that were displaced? How mean girl of you.
Absolutely I do. They were also collateral damage.

What about a Texas Bowl matchup between Baylor and the University of Houston? Kendal Briles' offense vs. Phil Snow's defense. That would be absolutely spectacular and fun to watch!

-- Barack Obama
forza orsi
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

NoBSU said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

What about a Texas Bowl matchup between Baylor and the University of Houston? Kendal Briles' offense vs. Phil Snow's defense. That would be absolutely spectacular and fun to watch!
I think I'd rather skip the bowl than do that. Between the garbage that would be in the press and the garbage that would be posted here, that would likely be a miserable week or two.
NoBSU
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

NoBSU said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

Free country. It is your money. Buy a Houston T-shirt if you wish.
Krieg
NoBSU said:

xiledinok said:

Nobody wants Ramsower to stay. It is a very dangerous game Briles and others are playing here. Nobody wants Ramsower to stay. Keeping using KWTX to knock RR and you risk other documents leaking back on Briles and Baylor. Nobody wants Ramsower to stay. It seems like a no risk play where KWTX eagerly airs the targeted dirty laundry while you dare Baylor to fire back while they have an aggressive plaintiff's attorney broadly exploring all the tunnels he can find. Nobody wants Ramsower to stay. Push it too far and it blows up in your face.

Did I make the point that nobody wants Ramsower to stay?

Then they should've fired him first and not allowed him to stay to this very day.

As for more stuff to come out that hurts whoever, bring it on. If it comes out that we know everything, great. If it comes out that regents were gang raping girls were Briles and RR watching, at least the truth comes out. The situation can't end without the truth coming out, and that's what should've happened a very long time ago.

The problem is Baylor leaked what they wanted out, and all of that has now been shown to be false. We're the stakeholders here and we should hear the truth. Otherwise I'm never trust Baylor again and neither will anyone else with an IQ over 90. If it harms Baylor, even severely, in the short term that's perfectly fine because at least then we can deal with the real causes of the problems. Right now Baylor is just telling us to look the other way while the same problem people "fix" what that broke in the first place. Whatever the real structural issues were in 2015 and before, they're still in place today. The structure is largely the same and the real leadership is as well.

The truth will set you free. It seems like they should take to heart what they claim to believe. Right now they're just a bunch of hypocrites that are practicing Christianity when it's convenient. Honesty and integrity? Yeah, not this year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.