Story Poster
Baylor Football

Senior Profile: Walk-on Christian Beard ready to contribute

August 22, 2018

Previous: Chris Platt | Xavier Jones | Blake Blackmar | Jamie Jacobs | Greg Roberts | Patrick Lawrence | Josh Malin | Drew Galitz | Verkedric Vaughns

Offensive lineman Christian Beard is spending his senior season back home. A graduate from Midway High School right up the road, Beard helped lead Midway to a 2013 Bi-District Championship in the state playoffs. He was also an Associated Press Class 5-A All-State Selection. However, Beard hasn’t stayed at one place for more than a year since those high school days.

Beard spent his redshirt freshman season at Arkansas State before transferring to Trinity Valley Community College in Athens, Texas in 2015. At Trinity Valley, Beard was ranked the No. 12 offensive guard among JUCO players by 247Sports and paved the way for an offense that averaged 656.1 yards/game and 57.7 points/game.

In 2016, Beard found himself at UCF. He played 2 games, seeing action against FIU and South Carolina State, before suffering an injury. He transferred to Baylor in January of 2017 and had to sit out the remainder of that season.

Christian Beard is from Waco, Texas and is majoring in political science.

Antonia’s Thoughts: Christian Beard will find the most success at guard in my opinion. Baylor needs a boost of veteran depth at that position and I can easily see him as a back up to Blackmar or  as a back up at the left guard position as well.

The offensive (and defensive) line is where I expect to see the most movement as far as interchanging players depending on number of snaps, opponent match ups, and skill. I expect Beard to get a fair number of snaps, pending everyone’s health, and hopefully help provide a layer to the offensive line the Bears did not have a season ago.

Discussion from...

Senior Profile: Walk-on Christian Beard ready to contribute

4,973 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Michibear
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Grizz Air
Thanks for posting. Hopefully he gets into the rotation and does well.

As an aside, I had a Christian beard once. It beats an Amish beard, at least.
EatMoreSalmon
What does a Christian beard look like?
Michibear
EatMoreSalmon said:

What does a Christian beard look like?

Like Jesus...

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.