Football
Sponsored by

Duke football analyst "Baylor is really, really bad on defense"

19,873 Views | 120 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by RickyButler
JasonEvans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S11 said:

My point is more about Baylor's dropoff without Lomers than Duke's dropoff without Zoubek.

With Lomers it's a fight
Without it's a loss on the boards

Impacted everything. BU may not have won with Zoubek out but it certainly changes the odds significantly
I'm confused. I thought ya'll were still stewing about Zoubek drawing a charge on Acy with 4:40ish to go. Are you up in arms about the foul on Lomers with 8 mins to go instead? Just so we are clear, we are talking about a dude who had a total of 4 points and 1 rebound... the foul on him with 8 minutes left is the game changing play where the refs stole the game from you?

Really?
Looking forward to all of you checking out the DBR Podcast at https://soundcloud.com/dbrpodcast
ToiletDucky
Fozzie said:

https://soundcloud.com/dbrpodcast/dbr-podcast-125-football-is-2-0

15:50 mark

"Baylor is awful on defense. Really, really bad on defense."

"I really like the way this sets up for Duke."

"we are a heck of a lot better than the Baylor Bears"

Someone get that to the proper people. Our defensive players need to hear this.
But BU Got that stop
chukronos
Well....
LiBeartarian
chukronos said:

Well....
Well... they were right, we are really bad.
GABear78
I think I'm going to throw up...
GoldenBear007
Some lady in front of us brought a book with her and was reading it. Even she knows how bad we are
jumpinjoe
I don't know if the Rhule coaching is Kevin Steele or Bill Beale bad, but the names rhyme, and neither could get wins on the turf.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
Timbear
Beall the worst in BU history, Rhule next, Steele third.
Krieg
Timbear said:

It's getting tough to argue otherwise. Steele sucked worse but with less than 10% of the talent we suck with now.
CSIBear
Timbear said:

I wasn't around for Beale but I NEVER thought someone would be as bad as Steele...I was wrong
JasonEvans
Look, I'm not going to gloat. Your team has a number of fine players and they appear to be youngsters who will get better. I know that is of little consolation, but... well... I'm just not sure how much more I can say to alleviate your pain at the moment.

I do think it is telling that when my comments were posted and when I came here to comment further, a number of your community seemed to agree with what I had said/written. Self-awareness is a good thing and it helps to deal with the tough times. Trust me, no one knows tough times like a Duke football fan. We were the worst P5 team in D1 for a solid decade. Nothing lasts forever and Baylor will be back near the top of college football at some point. The wins then will be sweeter having suffered through the losses now. I speak from experience on this.

Thanks for hosting me and being tolerable of an outsider. Be sure to check out the next edition of the DBR podcast where we will certainly talk about the fun we all have had this week going back and forth.

Good luck in all your remaining games. I want Duke's wins to look impressive so I'll be rooting for you guys to win, win, win!

-Jason Evans
Looking forward to all of you checking out the DBR Podcast at https://soundcloud.com/dbrpodcast
dallas4bears
To the winner go the spoils, so you don't need to apologize for gloating. You were right. Partially right, anyway. We weren't just really really bad on defense... We were bad altogether!

Congratulations to you, and the team. Best of luck for the rest of your season.
Jacques Strap
JasonEvans said:

Look, I'm not going to gloat. Your team has a number of fine players and they appear to be youngsters who will get better. I know that is of little consolation, but... well... I'm just not sure how much more I can say to alleviate your pain at the moment.

I do think it is telling that when my comments were posted and when I came here to comment further, a number of your community seemed to agree with what I had said/written. Self-awareness is a good thing and it helps to deal with the tough times. Trust me, no one knows tough times like a Duke football fan. We were the worst P5 team in D1 for a solid decade. Nothing lasts forever and Baylor will be back near the top of college football at some point. The wins then will be sweeter having suffered through the losses now. I speak from experience on this.

Thanks for hosting me and being tolerable of an outsider. Be sure to check out the next edition of the DBR podcast where we will certainly talk about the fun we all have had this week going back and forth.

Good luck in all your remaining games. I want Duke's wins to look impressive so I'll be rooting for you guys to win, win, win!

-Jason Evans
Nope. We had a Unicorn and we fired him., Only Unicorns can take Baylor Football near the top of college football, and unicorns are terribly hard to find. Baylor not only found one he was of the age where he likely would have stayed. Totally unique situation that can't be replicated. No greater sacrifice of a revenue stream has ever occurred in college football history. We're talking hundreds of millions when you consider we'll be in CUSA before long. University leadership chose this path and there ain't no going back now.
oldbear69
Timbear said:

rhule is beall with a new stagium....
PartyBear
Considering Steele actually did have a lack of talent excuse. I have to agree, Rhule is worse than Steele. Actually worse than Beal as well. Did Beal actually have the talent to win at least half his games?
Dia del DougO
GoldenBear007 said:

Some lady in front of us brought a book with her and was reading it. Even she knows how bad we are
Probably a great environment to read a book, out in the sunshine in a quiet place.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
RickyButler
Dia del DougO said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Probably a great environment to read a book, out in the sunshine in a quiet place.
but it was really hot
Richard James Butler, '64

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.