Football
Sponsored by

Unfortunately for Monty...

5,954 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BaylorOkie
REX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bears2Canes said:

bear2be2 said:

Bears2Canes said:

Zach Smith will have Tulsa bowling next year. Quarterback play has consistently killed us all year (peep last week's stat sheet).
If Tulsa/Philip Montgomery is banking on Zach Smith being some sort of savior, they could be in for a rude awakening. I think Smith can be a good quarterback in that system and I hope he does well, but he comes with plenty of question marks. He was a really inaccurate passer last year for Baylor and made questionable decisions in both of his seasons as a starter. He's going to have to improve in both areas to succeed as a college quarterback, regardless of the offense and competition level.

All completely fair points. But remember that Tulsa is playing AAC defenses all season and arguably has given the worst QB performances in all of FBS this year. Zach Smith, despite his flaws, is a massive step up from what we've been putting out there so far. Also, most of our losses have been pretty close and we've been competitive despite an atrocious passing game.

I don't think Smith will save Tulsa, but I'm certain that he will bring a ton of much needed improvement to the offense.

Tulsa played UT and lost by 7. If what I have read about Baylor's 6 point loss is true than Monty is really really close to turning the corner !!!
william
>>Carve away the stone (Sisyhpus)
Carve away the stone
Make a graven image
With some features of your own<<
RegentCoverup
REX said:

Bears2Canes said:

bear2be2 said:

Bears2Canes said:

Zach Smith will have Tulsa bowling next year. Quarterback play has consistently killed us all year (peep last week's stat sheet).
If Tulsa/Philip Montgomery is banking on Zach Smith being some sort of savior, they could be in for a rude awakening. I think Smith can be a good quarterback in that system and I hope he does well, but he comes with plenty of question marks. He was a really inaccurate passer last year for Baylor and made questionable decisions in both of his seasons as a starter. He's going to have to improve in both areas to succeed as a college quarterback, regardless of the offense and competition level.

All completely fair points. But remember that Tulsa is playing AAC defenses all season and arguably has given the worst QB performances in all of FBS this year. Zach Smith, despite his flaws, is a massive step up from what we've been putting out there so far. Also, most of our losses have been pretty close and we've been competitive despite an atrocious passing game.

I don't think Smith will save Tulsa, but I'm certain that he will bring a ton of much needed improvement to the offense.

Tulsa played UT and lost by 7. If what I have read about Baylor's 6 point loss is true than Monty is really really close to turning the corner !!!
Your son isn't liking that cramped office in Houston is he?
MilliVanilli
REX said:

Bears2Canes said:

bear2be2 said:

Bears2Canes said:

Monty lost to a team that just lost to a coachless Maryland, Baylor narrowly lost the officiating to a team that beat OU.
REX
MilliVanilli said:

REX said:

Bears2Canes said:

bear2be2 said:

Bears2Canes said:

Monty lost to a team that just lost to a coachless Maryland, Baylor narrowly lost the officiating to a team that beat OU.
Media Bear
bear2be2 said:

Bears2Canes said:

Smith is clearly better than what they currently have. Tulsa should improve by default ...
Hee-hee, hee. Hee-hee, hee. Woo! -- Michael Jackson
A buppa-ba-ba, buppa-buppa-ba. -- Paula Abdul
Say yah-yah-yah. -- John Mellencamp
Ooh-ooh wee-oo ooh-ooh-ooh. -- Mick Jagger/Rolling Stones
De do-do-do. De da-da-da. Is all I want to say to you. -- Sting (Gordon Sumner)/The Police
Ramidi ma-ma ba-di-ma, ramidi ma-ma ba-din-doe. -- David Draiman/Disturbed
C-c-c-c-come on. -- George Michael
People on streets, ee-da-dee-da-dee-da-dee-da -- Freddie Mercury
BaylorOkie

A quick scan of the article says that Monty's buyout is $4m. He's safe.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.