Story Poster
Baylor Football

The latest projections for Baylor's bowl game destination

November 28, 2018

We are still four days away from bowl selection Sunday, but the projections of where the Baylor Bears (6-6) end up to conclude their 2018 football season are still rolling in. Down to four possible destinations, here is look at the location, date and opponents possible according to several online outlets.

Try SicEm Premium 4 weeks for only 3 bucks! Offer good until December 2nd

Source: CBSSports.com

Bowl: Liberty Bowl

Date: December 31

Opponent: South Carolina (6-5) (SEC)

Source: Bleacher Report

Bowl: Texas Bowl

Date: December 27

Opponent: Texas A&M (8-4) (SEC)

Source: 247Sports

Bowl: Liberty Bowl

Date: December 31

Opponent: Vanderbilt (6-6)  (SEC)

Source: Yahoo Sports

Bowl: Cheez-It Bowl

Date: December 26

Opponent: Arizona State (7-5) (Pac-12)

Source: Sporting News

Bowl: Armed Forces Bowl

Date: December 22

Opponent: Army (9-2) (Independent)

Source: USA Today

Bowl: Cheez-It

Date: December 26

Opponent: Nevada (7-5) (Mountain West)

Source: ESPN

Bowl: Texas Bowl OR Liberty Bowl

Date: December 27 OR December 31

Opponent: Texas A&M (8-4) (SEC) OR South Carolina (6-5) (SEC)

Discussion from...

The latest projections for Baylor's bowl game destination

16,525 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Chuckroast
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks Colt!
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
merckywaters
Thank you!
Just curious--->
Outcomes result of big xii conf winner or independent and just subject to individual bowl's decision?
BoonDockSaint
Texas Bowl....please Bowl Gods....
Asheville Bear
BoonDockSaint said:

Texas Bowl....please Bowl Gods....
That would be awesome. My preferences are
1. Texas
2. Liberty
3. Armed Forces
4. Cheez-It
BellCountyBear
Y'all will not be happy with the outcome if we have to play a&m.
bularry
BellCountyBear said:

100% agree. They will beat us badly.
Grizz Air
I don't care to play aggy, but it's not because I fear losing to them. In fact, they are the only opponent I'm sure we could beat. We would beat the crap out of them.

EDIT: the above statement only holds if they did not paid off the ref$, like they did in the LSU game. in other words, with the refs' help, they could probably beat us.
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
Surf Oso
BellCountyBear said:

just like the Tech game, eh?
Lately, newspaper mentioned cheap airfare
I've got to fly to Saint Somewhere
I'm close to bodily harm
Lil Sebastian
Hate to say it, but we wouldn't stand a chance against a&m. BUT would still love to play them. I honestly don't mind matching up against a team much better than us on paper. Would rather fall asleep during a blowout instead of falling asleep when they announce it
G&G Hustler
How much should finishing 6-7 or 7-6 mean in our choice? I'd rather take a bid with the most confidence that we finish with a winning season.
Lil Sebastian
In my mind the difference between 6-7 and 7-6 is very gray and not very significant. Becoming bowl eligible was the goal for this year, and we met that. Many might disagree with me, but I'd rather have an increased risk of going 6-7 against a good team rather than an increased chance of going 7-6 on a cupcake team. I've seen enough progress from this team to favor an exciting match up over a guaranteed win
BUmoneymaker
My aggy friend gave a blank stare then a smirk at the potential of this. Then a gesture resmbling a shrug like it wouldnt be any fun.

Not sure what to make of the body language, but he then verbalized a patronizong line like c oh yeah that would be good i guess"

"I hope" -Red

"Apply yourself" -W.White

"Guys, who is Keyser Soze?" - K. Soze

"Tea. Earl Grey. Hot." -J.L. Picard
BoonDockSaint
BellCountyBear said:

Likely not...but you never know

Itd be sweet to beat them

Anything can and does happen in bowl games
Asheville Bear
Lil Sebastian said:

In my mind the difference between 6-7 and 7-6 is very gray and not very significant. Becoming bowl eligible was the goal for this year, and we met that. Many might disagree with me, but I'd rather have an increased risk of going 6-7 against a good team rather than an increased chance of going 7-6 on a cupcake team. I've seen enough progress from this team to favor an exciting match up over a guaranteed win

I go back and forth on this, but at the end of the day I do think it's important to me. If we were 7-5 and already guaranteed a winning season, I would much rather play a better opponent and not care if we lose. But I feel like 7-6 looks so much better to the eyes than 6-7, so I think in this case I'd rather win than have a tougher matchup.
GruntTuff
I hope we don't play Army.....that would be a difficult matchup. I greatly respect the military academy teams. Full disclosure....as a Navy vet, I'll be pulling for the Midshipmen this weekend......but......Army is so difficult to play. Ask OU about that.

KOKQB70
Grunt, bless you for service, agree Army scares me too.
Timbear
Did Lilsabastion say Baylor and guaranteed win in the same sentence? Guys, to win a bowl is very good. We don't have a winning season yet. Let's play the easiest possible team. Qualifying for a bowl was great, but that does not mean we're a great team. Everybody is so happy and relieved that Baylor wasn't terrible again this year, that some posters are a little over their skis right now.
SmokytheBear
Cheez-it Bowl !! Please
bearsguy11
We would beat A&M imo. Their secondary sucks, our wr would kill em.
KSGeo
A&M doesn't rush the passer well and their secondary isn't great.

Williams is a monster but Mond is not an accurate QB.

If Mims, Hurd, and Platt don't drop passes, and if we can load the box and make Mond march them down the field, we could make that a game. Don't let the S-E-C lights blind you, that is not a terrible match up for us.
Chuckroast
A&M has played a juggernaut of a schedule and only lost 4 games . . . one to Clemson by 2 where they could've easily won. They also gave Alabama their closest game. I think Fisher has already done a great job there. Mond is a stud. The biggest problem to playing Baylor for them would be motivation after the schedule they have played. The players and coaches likely don't fathom the previous rivalry to the same degree the alumni bases do. A&M would probably be at the top of the Big 12.
Bearly
Pains me to admit that Chuck is right.
Heisman25g
Yeah, good point chuck. I mean, it's not like they've done the same exact thing that they did in the big 12 that they have done in the SEC. oh wait, they've done exactly what they did in the big 12 in the SEC.

Anyone who thinks they would be at the top of the big 12 isn't paying attention. Or they just ignore facts and things such as records. I shake my head every time I hear this. Until they do something different, Aggy is what Aggy is
Chuckroast
Heisman25g said:

Yeah, good point chuck. I mean, it's not like they've done the same exact thing that they did in the big 12 that they have done in the SEC. oh wait, they've done exactly what they did in the big 12 in the SEC.

Anyone who thinks they would be at the top of the big 12 isn't paying attention. Or they just ignore facts and things such as records. I shake my head every time I hear this. Until they do something different, Aggy is what Aggy is

In most years, there is probably a lot more parity between many teams in the Big 12 and SEC, but I don't think this year is one of those years. Oklahoma may have lost 4 playing A&M's schedule. I've never been an A&M fan, but they look like they're on the rise, and the only thing holding them back is the SEC West.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.