22:10- Harrison Hand‍ transferring from Baylor

26:38- All American Bowl and National Combine update

43:33- Women’s and Men’s basketball quick update

52:13- MAILBAG!

Discussion from...

Fast Friday: Matt Rhule staying with Baylor, recruiting nuggets and more

5,429 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BearConscious
Grizz Air
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks for posting. I was pretty high on Rhule after that bowl win but now my respect for him has taken a step back...
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
Grizz Air
By the way, if it is "realistic" for NFL teams to poach coaches from "good programs," why aren't people coming after championship coaches like Saban and Swinney?
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
PartyBear
Grizz, they arent putting their names in the hat for those jobs at this time. I doubt Saban ever will again after getting to the NFL and suddenly becoming not so great a coach up there.
BearConscious
At the NFL level, there is near parity in terms of player talent. Draft picks and salary caps pretty much make personnel disparity minimal. But at the college level, the blue bloods can basically pick who they want and everyone else has to take the scraps, discover kids under the radar, and develop what they have. Mack Brown won lost of games at Texas with Top 10 recruiting classes, and did well at NC with the same. At Tulane, not so much. Hell, my grandmother could win 75% of the time if she could sign the players Alabama does.
BearConscious
The podcast hinted at the possibility of looking at Lovett at safety, given the depth at RB and subpar play at safety. With Hand transferring, the CB position is a little thin. If a safety emerges (Lovett?) I wonder if JT Woods would be a better fit at corner than at safety. He definitely has the speed and is 6-2. Some might argue he may not have the hips (quickness) needed for the CB position, but given that so many receivers are now 6-4 and 6-5, I don't see that as a problem. I'm not sure Woods is as physical as you want a safety as he's fairly light, but he can really cover ground. Any thoughts on that?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.