Football
Sponsored by

Logo thoughts?

11,648 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Russell Gym
syme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not bad, but you see too much of the bear's mouth. Head should tilted down slightly.
RiskyBizz Bear
They have literally taken our bear's teeth away.

That is what is throwing off the look...

Nothing as intimidating than a toothless bear!
bear2be2
Michibear said:

The never-ending struggle.

[url=https://www.4shared.com/photo/7KETji-tee/Picture1__2_.html][/url]

Green Bear truly was a disaster of epic proportions. Who in the hell signed off on that, and why was his snout a different color from the rest of his face?
Saddle Up!
PartyBear said:

I think Pooh retired from football didn't he?

Maybe he knew that this crap was coming.
Grizz Air
The new bear looks like he is crying. I guess that means we anticipate we are going to lose a lot???
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
Media Bear
gobears20 said:

Beaneater
Michibear said:

the only one of those that's any good is sailor bear.

put me down as a "NO" on the new colors. those are truly a stinking pile. I didn't like them when WV wore them, why should I like them now? Fine for the packers, but

reminds me of the rocket launcher fountain. Who in the room said hey this is a great idea!! Hopefully they will not last as long as that ugly thing did.
whitetrash
A quote in today's Lariat from BU VP of Marketing Jason Cook about Toothless Mustard Bear:

Quote:

"We have a long string of bears at Baylor that truly have not become very loved outside of Sailor Bear, of course," Cook said. "The new bear is quite fierce, he represents the passion that we have at Baylor, but [he's not] a scary bear either." (emphasis added)
jdrs
whitetrash said:

A quote in today's Lariat from BU VP of Marketing Jason Cook about Toothless Mustard Bear:

Quote:

"We have a long string of bears at Baylor that truly have not become very loved outside of Sailor Bear, of course," Cook said. "The new bear is quite fierce, he represents the passion that we have at Baylor, but [he's not] a scary bear either." (emphasis added)

Well add another to that list.
PartyBear
I think growling bear was loved.
Media Bear
Michibear said:

My takeaway. Good bear head logos are hard to do well.
Yep. My impressions as to the "cartoon thoughts" of the sampled heads in question:

A: Vampire Bear: "Blah, blah (ahem) errr, Roar, roar. I've come to suck your blood!!!"

B: Relaxed Bear: "Feeling ... very ... sleep .... ZZZZZZZZ"

C: Concerned Bear: "This business will get out of control! It'll get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it."
CorsicanaBear

Quote:

B: Relaxed Bear: "Feeling ... very ... sleep .... ZZZZZZZZ"
Kinda thought that was more like stoner bear. Like Dude. Say, didn't Yogi bear always have the muchies, wasn't he always looking for pic-a-nik baskets? Makes you wonder.
Illigitimus non carborundum
Russell Gym
gobears20 said:

The eyes give it a possessed look. Devil Bear.
historian
I am so ready for football to start!

Maybe I'll get a chance to take in a baseball game.
Edmond Bear
Beaneater said:

Michibear said:

put me down as a "NO" on the new colors. those are truly a stinking pile. I didn't like them when WV wore them, why should I like them now? Fine for the packers, but

reminds me of the rocket launcher fountain. Who in the room said hey this is a great idea!! Hopefully they will not last as long as that ugly thing did.

You can make fun of or criticize any of the Bears if it strikes you:

- Sailor Bear looks like he's constipated on the toilet
- Brown Bear looks like my grandparents black and white pics from the 50's.
- Green Bear looks like toxic waste
Brown Bear 2 looks slack jawed like the dumbest friend in your group
Mustard Bear looks toothless and demonic

See how easy and empty headed it is to criticize? There's a reason nobody remembers the critic.
Media Bear
Edmond Bear said:

Beaneater said:

Michibear said:

You can make fun of or criticize any of the Bears if it strikes you:

- Sailor Bear looks like he's constipated on the toilet
- Brown Bear looks like my grandparents black and white pics from the 50's.
- Green Bear looks like toxic waste
Brown Bear 2 looks slack jawed like the dumbest friend in your group
Mustard Bear looks toothless and demonic

See how easy and empty headed it is to criticize? There's a reason nobody remembers the critic.

Good job. We'll forget you too (lol) ...
Dia del DougO
Media Bear said:

gobears20 said:

Mascot's nickname should be Gummy Bear.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Redbrickbear
Michibear said:

My take away is that every 20 years or so Baylor will change the bear logo.......fine with me.

I have just accepted it.

Heck after so many changes.... its actually now a tradition to change the bear logo.

Just write it in stone...every 20 years the Bear logo will change lol

As long as we stick to the interlocking BU and our colors remain Green & Gold....thats all I care about.
Russell Gym
gobears20 said:

Looks like a stylization of two rows of teeth to me.
PartyBear
If you are on a phone and place your thumb over his bottom open jaw, he looks much better. In fact looks like a good logo. He looks like a bear's head the viewer is looking slightly up at and the bear has an angry almost sailor bear like frown. I recommend we tweek it and color over that lower jaw with the green.
Redbrickbear
Beaneater said:

Michibear said:

The uniform changes won't last.......they never do.

We change the uniforms/colors of green and gold up every 4-8 years.

I bet we keep the current ones for the next 4-5.....then there will be another change.

I don't mind changing the uniforms up.

We are not Alabama or Ohio State with national titles and tons of awesome football history.

If changing the uniforms around gives us attention and traction with recruits.....thats fine with me.
BUGWBBear
I didn't realize Baylor installed crying closets because that's the only way I see this getting approval with the graphic artist sniffing in front of the President after a long cry.

Pathetic.
PartyBear
Redbrickbear said:

Beaneater said:

Michibear said:

The uniform changes won't last.......they never do.

We change the uniforms/colors of green and gold up every 4-8 years.

I bet we keep the current ones for the next 4-5.....then there will be another change.

I don't mind changing the uniforms up.

We are not Alabama or Ohio State with national titles and tons of awesome football history.

If changing the uniforms around gives us attention and traction with recruits.....thats fine with me.

True. Especially when you consider the primary folks behind this will all no longer be here in five years in all likelihood. The one brand idea or may still be around but the details of what that brand is will certainly be changing.
Media Bear
Dia del DougO said:

Media Bear said:

gobears20 said:

Mascot's nickname should be Gummy Bear.
+ 1
Media Bear
Redbrickbear said:

Michibear said:

My take away is that every 20 years or so Baylor will change the bear logo.......fine with me.

I have just accepted it.

Heck after so many changes.... its actually now a tradition to change the bear logo.

Just write it in stone...every 20 years the Bear logo will change lol

As long as we stick to the interlocking BU and our colors remain Green & Gold....thats all I care about.
Probably less than that. Fashion/branding is a fickle thing -- things can turn on a dime in just a few short years.
Wichitabear
No. Let's don't go there. It's just a dull yellow. But put in combinations looks good. I can live with it.
CorsicanaBear
The green and white are unobjectionable, not exciting just not offensive. The yellow is just awful (Maryland awful). Wear a traditional style gold helmet with the green or white, and be done with it.
Illigitimus non carborundum
PartyBear
Wichitabear said:

No. Let's don't go there. It's just a dull yellow. But put in combinations looks good. I can live with it.
I wouldnt call it dull. It is not nice looking in its current flat look. But I would call it pretty loud and obnoxious actually. If they would just tweak it up and make it have shiney look in all sports it would be more passable as a "gold" especially in football. But in the current format it is just Arizona States orange/yellow. For the metallic look of this color, google UW's football unis from the early 90s or late 80s. They were using something very close to this color but in metallic look. Also look no further than the roof of the Ferrel Center as that is pretty close to this color in metallic.
Yogi
Dia del DougO said:

It looks like a catcher's mitt.

That's what he said...
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
PacificBear
I like the new Bear's hippie long hair with a part down the middle. His face says "I'm tough" and his hair say's "but, I like to party".
Michibear
PacificBear said:

I like the new Bear's hippie long hair with a part down the middle. His face says "I'm tough" and his hair say's "but, I like to party".
whitetrash
Michibear said:

PacificBear said:

I was thinking more the kid from the "Hot for Teacher" video.

Yogi
gobears20 said:

Kinda reminds me of a Broccoli & Cheese Kenny Rogers...

Now, I have truly ruined it for you all.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
perrynative
Sing or singing bear it is.
Forest Bueller
gobears20 said:

Demon Bear.

Looks mean for sure.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.