Football
Sponsored by

Different combo uniforms

6,000 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BearFish
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Different looks

gobears20
Staff
[url=https://ibb.co/xX2HQ27][/url]
[url=https://ibb.co/ZK2QjgJ][/url]
[url=https://ibb.co/M9FDFwm][/url]
longtimebear
ugly, ugly, UGLY !!!

Where has my school gone?

To be like Arizona State or Oregon or .....anyone but our ownselves.

CorsicanaBear
Uniformly awful.

Uniformly not Baylor.

The revenge of Lilley.
Illigitimus non carborundum
PartyBear
That is exactly the color. ASU's classic flat orange/yellow with our dark green. This is the Crayola box color era. Now I will say again if they tweek the orange yellow pants to shiney and the orange yellow helmet to metallic we have something close to the helmet from the Case Close game and matching pants. That would be sharp. Leaving that color flat looks like school bus color.
LTbear
Would like seeing what green/ green/ gold and gold/ gold/ green look like.
PartyBear
The yellow shirt should just never be worn.
4th and Inches
I can see the gold/green/green combo being used....

Would be curious to see a mock up of gold/white/green
Michibear
Call me fickle, but the more I see the new uni, the more I like it. Weird. Not sure how I can be a real Baylor fan if I don't trash our school. Y'all pray for me.
bear2be2
I like all the combinations I've seen with the white jerseys and dislike the rest. The lack of white on the dark jerseys is baffling to me. You could have made those look so much better with white numbers and green/gold trim or green/gold numbers and white trim.

I hope we got one hell of a discount by forgoing a third color on each of our three jerseys.
Hotsauce
Still scratching my head at the overall vision here, but seeing some of the combos makes me hate it less. The yellow needs to be used as little as possible though.
chorne68
I have to admit that they are growing on me. I am even liking the gold. Winning in them will make them even better.
gobears20
Staff
Doc Holliday
It's like a modern blue blood look.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
PartyBear
Except doing it with Beall era yellow and not in the traditional football gold we have used for 120 years. Its clear all the talk of study of history and tradition that went into these is Orewellian BS.
whitetrash
Compare and contrast these new uniforms revealed on Saturday to ours:

PartyBear
West Va has more options. What tier are we supposed to be with Nike? We seemed to be a higher tier in 2013 based on unis and options.
LTbear
PartyBear said:

West Va has more options. What tier are we supposed to be with Nike? We seemed to be a higher tier in 2013 based on unis and options.

Who lied to you and said that number of options directly correlates with tier status? Because you've been caught up on it for a while.
PartyBear
Do you have an answer to the question. What tier are we with Nike? Is it higher than West Virginia?
LTbear
PartyBear said:

Do you have an answer to the question. What tier are we with Nike? Is it higher than West Virginia?

I'll answer yours when you answer mine first

Of course you already know the answer to your own question, so what was the point of asking?
PartyBear
No I really do not know the answer to my question. I'm thinking Baylor may be full of it about that or posters here are full of it about that or Baylor overrode Nike with Lilley's old idea.
LTbear
PartyBear said:

No I really do not know the answer to my question. I'm thinking Baylor may be full of it about that or posters here are full of it about that or Baylor overrode Nike with Lilley's old idea.
I think you're upset because you don't like the new uniforms and you're looking for every possible reason to justify your upset-ness.
PartyBear
I like the green. I have repeatedly said this school bus color can be salvaged by making it metallic looking I have even said I believe that color in metallic with our green would look sharp. The orange/yellow shirt cant be salvaged btw. Nevertheless I see where common ground can be achieved between the green and gold traditionalists and the new yellowers and keep the orange/yellow they either like or claim to like. I'm a believer in alt unis. You cant tell me kids these days have suddenly stop loving those btw.
LTbear
PartyBear said:

You cant tell me kids these days have suddenly stop loving those btw.

Where did I say they had? Or this just another new justification for your opinions to add to your growing list?
PartyBear
I said as soon as they were unveiled the lack of alt unis isnt good. My list isnt growing.

Do you not have a problem with not having alt looks since you seem to agree kids love them. Btw you are a good follower. I know you dont like them either because you posted that on Saturday but you will parrot whatever Baylor says to say.
LTbear
PartyBear said:

I said as soon as they were unveiled the lack of alt unis isnt good. My list isnt growing.

Do you not have a problem with not having alt looks since you seem to agree kids love them. Btw you are a good follower. I know you dont like them either because you posted that on Saturday but you will parrot whatever Baylor says to say.

Parrot what Baylor says to say? Hahahaha. I couldn't care less what Baylor says. They wouldn't "say to say" that I don't like the uniforms, now would they? I just have a little perspective on the impact of college football uniforms on my life in general.
MilliVanilli
I actually like the yellow unit with green helmets, but I miss the gold helmets being standard.
CorsicanaBear
How much is the B12 holding out on us now? In 2018 it was more than $14million. Is it up to $20million now? Shouldn't that have had a higher priority than ugly new uniforms? I'll bet the new uniforms never generate even a $500k revenue delta over their lifetime.
Illigitimus non carborundum
No Longer Gold
I will never wear yellow BU stuff. Nor will I buy anything with the yellow on it.

I guess I will just go with green stuff with white highlights if I can't find the 100+ year traditional gold.
trey3216
DubDub said:

I will never wear yellow BU stuff. Nor will I buy anything with the yellow on it.

I guess I will just go with green stuff with white highlights if I can't find the 100+ year traditional gold.
awwwwww
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
AstroCowboy
I would like to see what gold/green/white looks like.
OsoCoreyell
Amazing how much better the gold looks with the green helmet. I love it.
4th and Inches
AstroCowboy said:

I would like to see what gold/green/white looks like.
there is an image of it on the premium side but i dont know if I am allowed to post it over here...
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Wichitabear
Me too. Even the bear is growing on me.
trey3216
Wichitabear said:

Me too. Even the bear is growing on me. When his little head pops up, I think ok, you aren't so bad. I like ya!
re-investigate that comment.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.