Story Poster
Baylor Football

Baylor Listed in USA Today's Post-Spring Top 25 List

May 1, 2019

Highlighted by the return of quarterback Charlie Brewer, the Baylor Bears are receiving early attention for the 2019 football season prior to Matt Rhule’s third season in Waco. According to USA Today, the Bears are just inside the top 25 following the conclusion of spring football around the country. 

Baylor joins fellow Big 12 teams Oklahoma (4), Texas (10) and Iowa State (15) on the top 25 list. Here is what author Paul Myerberg had to say about the Bears:

24. Baylor (25)

The Bears are trending upwards heading into coach Matt Rhule's third season. An easy non-conference schedule is followed by a smooth entry into Big 12 play, meaning the Bears could be at 6-2 heading into a crucial November.

The Bears finished 7-6 in 2018 with a victory over Vanderbilt in the Texas Bowl. Brewer led a top 25 offense with 3,019 yards passing with 26 total touchdowns. The Bears lost senior wide receiver Jalen Hurd, a third-round pick in the NFL Draft, as well as two seniors off the offensive line, but are primed to improved their output once again in 2019. 

Complete Top 25 List

1.  Clemson
  2. Alabama
  3. Georgia
  4. Oklahoma
  5. Ohio St
  6. Michigan
  7. LSU
  8. TAMU
  9. Oregon
  10. Texas
  11. Notre Dame
  12. Washington
  13. Florida
  14. UCF
  15. Iowa State
  16. Auburn
  17. Northwestern
  18. Stanford
  19. Nebraska
  20. Army
  21. Penn State
  22. Boise State
  23. Syracuse
  24. Baylor
  25. Wisconsin
Discussion from...

Baylor Listed in USA Today's Post-Spring Top 25 List

13,245 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BUbearinARK
chorne68
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am sure Texas fans thought they would be ranked higher than 10. They have so many high rated recruits that are at Texas and will become very average.
boognish_bear
chorne68 said:

I am sure Texas fans thought they would be ranked higher than 10. They have so many high rated recruits that are at Texas and will become very average.

They get LSU in Austin in their second game....that will be an early measuring stick
BaylorGrad&Dad
And I'll bet UT is not even in the top 25 at the end of the season; always underachieving.....
Doc Holliday
BaylorGrad&Dad said:

And I'll bet UT is not even in the top 25 at the end of the season; always underachieving.....
I bet they paid for that 10 spot.
BUbearinARK
Doc Holliday said:

BaylorGrad&Dad said:

I bet they paid for that 10 spot.
TEXA$ I$ BACK!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.