Football
Sponsored by

How Matt Rhule came to grips with the RPO game as a smash-mouth coach

16,385 Views | 117 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by historian
SATXBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

SATXBear said:

Oldbear83 said:

SATXBear said:

ImwithBU said:

MilliVanilli said:

ImwithBU said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

Rhule hasn't proven he can win in the Big 12 until he beats Texas and TCU. He'll Never beat Ok. Only the great Art Briles has EVER done that in Baylor football history, and he did it 3 times in a 4 year stretch.
Never go full ******, it undermines your obvious trolling. Although you just can't help yourself since a Caber never wastes an opportunity to try and pretend a 3A high school castoff is relevant.

Rhule beat Penn State at TEMPLE, he can beat anyone in the Big 12 when he gets a squad that plays on all cylinders.

Well that was a mediocre Penn State team with a 7-6 record to prove it. he did win that game and gets credit but lets not act as if that was some Juggernaut win. Especially when you consider beating UT and OU, as underwhelming since they were have "down years." Obviously Penn State was having down years with back to back 7-6 records following the Joe Pa situation.

I hope you are right that Rhule can beat anyone in Big 12, but as the previous coach would say "Put that on paper" Talk is cheap and Rhule has talking down in spades. Time to produce, recruiting is supposedly great, he has his guys in place. Good thing about playing all those "young players" is they all have experience now. This is year 3 of the defense instillation, no more excuses. More wins and less talking about it
It's funny how the only people repeating this faux notion excuses are being made are Cabers, otherwise Rhule is simply implementing his system, recruiting well, and showing steady progress on the football field with a young and talented team that needed more experience and time in the weight room.

He's already won a bowl, barring injury he'll win another and with a better overall record.
Say what you want, but Rhule has made excuses, just go watch some of the post games interviews... Anyways you like this Cabers term dont you. You know one can like Briles and still support Rhule. Me buying season tickets proves that. I hope you are right about a better record this year. My point remains the same, more action and less talking about out toughing people and playing hard. You play to win the game.

You have a real simpleton attitude when it comes to football fandom. Chill out and enjoy the ride dude.
You might want to remind Milli that he doesn't get to decide who are "real" fans while you're talking about attitudes.

I don't know milli. Sounds like you do though.
Like I know the cinch bugs going after my roses in the front garden ...

Lol
Beaneater
historian said:

2017: 1-11
2018: 7-6 with Texas Bowl victory over SEC "powerhouse"

CMR has done great things already at Baylor and we have every reason to expect more of same. That does not diminish one iota the amazing accomplishments of CAB: a long list of unprecedented achievements that I won't repeat here now.
Ding Ding Ding
Come on people it's not an either/or choice

MilliVanilli
Oldbear83 said:

SATXBear said:

ImwithBU said:

MilliVanilli said:

ImwithBU said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

Rhule hasn't proven he can win in the Big 12 until he beats Texas and TCU. He'll Never beat Ok. Only the great Art Briles has EVER done that in Baylor football history, and he did it 3 times in a 4 year stretch.
Never go full ******, it undermines your obvious trolling. Although you just can't help yourself since a Caber never wastes an opportunity to try and pretend a 3A high school castoff is relevant.

Rhule beat Penn State at TEMPLE, he can beat anyone in the Big 12 when he gets a squad that plays on all cylinders.

Well that was a mediocre Penn State team with a 7-6 record to prove it. he did win that game and gets credit but lets not act as if that was some Juggernaut win. Especially when you consider beating UT and OU, as underwhelming since they were have "down years." Obviously Penn State was having down years with back to back 7-6 records following the Joe Pa situation.

I hope you are right that Rhule can beat anyone in Big 12, but as the previous coach would say "Put that on paper" Talk is cheap and Rhule has talking down in spades. Time to produce, recruiting is supposedly great, he has his guys in place. Good thing about playing all those "young players" is they all have experience now. This is year 3 of the defense instillation, no more excuses. More wins and less talking about it
It's funny how the only people repeating this faux notion excuses are being made are Cabers, otherwise Rhule is simply implementing his system, recruiting well, and showing steady progress on the football field with a young and talented team that needed more experience and time in the weight room.

He's already won a bowl, barring injury he'll win another and with a better overall record.
Say what you want, but Rhule has made excuses, just go watch some of the post games interviews... Anyways you like this Cabers term dont you. You know one can like Briles and still support Rhule. Me buying season tickets proves that. I hope you are right about a better record this year. My point remains the same, more action and less talking about out toughing people and playing hard. You play to win the game.

You have a real simpleton attitude when it comes to football fandom. Chill out and enjoy the ride dude.
You might want to remind Milli that he doesn't get to decide who are "real" fans while you're talking about attitudes.
Awww, did your Caber feelings get hurt again?

Oldbear83
MilliVanilli said:

Oldbear83 said:

SATXBear said:

ImwithBU said:

MilliVanilli said:

ImwithBU said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

Not at all. I simply noted your presence the same as I do when my daughter leaves the door open and a roach crawls in.
xiledinok
The robe touchers think there's only one way to play football- all O, no D, no special teams and zero discipline to prepare any player for his future career (which often blindly didn't include anything but football).
MilliVanilli
Oldbear83 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Oldbear83 said:

SATXBear said:

ImwithBU said:

MilliVanilli said:

ImwithBU said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

Not at all. I simply noted your presence the same as I do when my daughter leaves the door open and a roach crawls in.
So, in other words your fragile sensibilities are highly triggered without provocation.

What an honor.
MilliVanilli
xiledinok said:

The robe touchers think there's only one way to play football- all O, no D, no special teams and zero discipline to prepare any player for his future career (which often blindly didn't include anything but football).
They think only a soon to be 64-year-old small town 3A high school football coach fresh off his couch and an intramural stint in Italy is capable of winning.

Cults are like that.

xiledinok
MilliVanilli said:

xiledinok said:

They think only a soon to be 64-year-old small town 3A high school football coach fresh off his couch and an intramural stint in Italy is capable of winning.

Cults are like that.

It would explain Oldbear83. I think he might be a member of the "Heaven's Gate Cult" from 22 years ago. They were Asian and thought the city of Garland was a Biblical city. In Asian voices, the cult called Garland, "God Land"...old Cory Case used to laugh his ass off at the cult.
Oldbear83
MilliVanilli said:

Oldbear83 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Oldbear83 said:

SATXBear said:

ImwithBU said:

MilliVanilli said:

ImwithBU said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

So, in other words your fragile sensibilities are highly triggered without provocation.

What an honor.
You really are inept at reading comprehension, Milli

I will give you this - your username is appropriate, all things considered.
MilliVanilli
Oldbear83 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Oldbear83 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Oldbear83 said:

SATXBear said:

ImwithBU said:

MilliVanilli said:

ImwithBU said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

What an honor.
You really are inept at reading comprehension, Milli

I will give you this - your username is appropriate, all things considered.
Nah, your alternate reality has just been violated and you are whining about it because it's that fragile of a delusion.
Oldbear83
I sometimes forget that Milli's grasp of reality is tenuous on good days.
MilliVanilli
Oldbear83 said:

I sometimes forget that Milli's grasp of reality is tenuous on good days.
High praise coming from a caber.

Get your 3A high school season tickets yet? Gonna go support the local varsity car wash to get the boys a banner to run through this season?
Oldbear83
how many wins do we need to get a prime time game on ESPN?
MilliVanilli
Oldbear83 said:

Poooor Milli, unaware that I only answer him the way an adult tolerates an amusing toddler tripping over himself.

It's amusing watching a Caber pretend they're standing on the high ground.

Enjoy those Friday night lights.

Oldbear83
MilliVanilli said:

Oldbear83 said:

Poooor Milli, unaware that I only answer him the way an adult tolerates an amusing toddler tripping over himself.

Grow up, son.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.

Art moved on, you need to learn how too.
Russell Gym
It's Juneteenth, boys. Emancipation. War's over.
Oldbear83
Russell Gym said:

Different war.

Milli's undying fascism keeps him warm at night.
MilliVanilli
Oldbear83 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Oldbear83 said:

Grow up, son.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.

Art moved on, you need to learn how too.
You should heed your own advice there, Peter Pan.

MilliVanilli
Oldbear83 said:

Russell Gym said:

Different war.

Milli's undying fascism keeps him warm at night.
Fascism is apparently the Caber definition for having to face a reality check.
Oldbear83
Delusion is a Milli thing.

But we all knew that.

MilliVanilli
Oldbear83 said:

Delusion is a Milli thing.

But we all knew that.

Lulz, Caber butt hurt thinks repetition will redeem their lost cause.

Keep floundering, enjoy those Friday night lights this fall.
Oldbear83
More Milli delusion.

MilliVanilli
Oldbear83 said:

More Milli delusion.

More weak Caber deflection, rinse and repeat.
Oldbear83
More Milli lip-syncing to hits from the haters.
MilliVanilli
Oldbear83 said:

More Milli lip-syncing to hits from the haters.
This is what the Caber agenda is reduced to, hysterics over a screen name...how empowered you must be...you're not dominated at all by an unknown force lampooning you and goading you into showing your true colors...
Oldbear83
I don't mine the screen name. It's the lack of courtesy and competency by Milli Hate CAB ALL Day Every Day that gets wearing
MilliVanilli
Oldbear83 said:

I don't mine the screen name. It's the lack of courtesy and competency by Milli Hate CAB ALL Day Every Day that gets wearing
It's proven to be a landmine for Cabers, that's for sure.
Oldbear83
Briles may not be at Baylor anymore, but he lives forever in the mind of Milli
MilliVanilli
Oldbear83 said:

Briles may not be at Baylor anymore, but he lives forever in the mind of Milli
Haha, irony really isn't a Caber strong suit.

You can't argue with stupid only mock it, thus where you're at.
Oldbear83
"You can't argue with stupid only mock it,"

The way to deal with Milli, from the horse's ... other end ... itself.
MilliVanilli
Oldbear83 said:

"You can't argue with stupid only mock it,"

The way to deal with Milli, from the horse's ... other end ... itself.
Ah, it's hilarious watching you hate your own reflection and pretending you're barking at anything but yourself.

4 years of butt hurt and this is what it has gotten you, a petty obsession with a screen name that drills home reality for you, and you can't stand it.

It's incredibly flattering to have conquered your kind so completely.

You're absolutely devastated at this point, you're like Nietzche, who dedicated his life to an existential crisis that was determined to defame and denounce Jesus Christ, only to die a rambling lunatic in a cell that thought he was in fact Jesus Christ.

Oldbear83
At some point, Milli will come to the recognition that I am amused at his projection and petty sophistry, but apparently that day is not today.

But I will not pick on the short-bus community, but instead will wish Mill well in his endeavors; that Chief Fry Cook job is almost his, I am sure!
MilliVanilli
Oldbear83 said:

At some point, Milli will come to the recognition that I am amused at his projection and petty sophistry, but apparently that day is not today.

But I will not pick on the short-bus community, but instead will wish Mill well in his endeavors; that Chief Fry Cook job is almost his, I am sure!
Don't worry there Friedrich, death will be your release from becoming that which you dedicated your life to hate.
Oldbear83
Next time you talk to your imaginary friend in the mirror, Milli, you don't need to post what you say.
MilliVanilli
Oldbear83 said:

Next time you talk to your imaginary friend in the mirror, Milli, you don't need to post what you say.
Oh, all lampooning of you and your ilk is for posterity, I know anything based in culture, history, humor, philosophy or reality itself goes right over your head.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.