Football
Sponsored by

Ain't this what you've been waiting for

10,905 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by whitetrash
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
BellCountyBear
whitetrash
gobears20 said:

At least the jerseys and metallic helmets in the background look cool.
PartyBear
What the hell Brewer transferred to Oregon?

Serious question do we use yellow when the the back ground is green? That doesn't look like the new gold. One of the whole points of all of this was to have one green and one "gold".
cyberbear
I love the new look! No more putrid weak yellow.
PartyBear
The only yellow I see in that photo is on the new jersey and on the carpet.
whitetrash
PartyBear said:

The only yellow I see in that photo is on the new jersey and on the carpet.
carpet is closer in color to the numbers on the old jerseys.
jumpinjoe
Looks like Oregon to me. Give Nike a chance to be creative and they just copy someone else.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
Thee University
They can wear pink or chartreuse as long as they win.

Who cares?
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
historian
Definitely will take some getting used to. If we start out 9-0 wearing them I won't mind as much.
LTbear
Not a big fan of the huge collars that many Nike jerseys have nowadays, but oh well. Just win and I'll love 'em.
Stranger
. . . and pickle pants.

They better play better than they look.
Oso Pardo
I haven't really said anything on this issue because I feel like as long as the players like them then that's what matters. But, neither of them look pumped at all about having those uniforms on. Poor Ebner looks like someone just kicked his dog. Slumped shoulders, hands clasped in front of a vital area and a look on his face that lacks any energy are all signs of unhappiness or insecurity...and I'm pretty sure these guys are anything but insecure. Brewer has the same DGAF look on his face. Hopefully I'm reading too much into it and they're just tired from a hard day. Like some others have said, if we have a great season in these then I'm sure we'll all grow to love them (nothing we can do about it now anyway).
LTbear
Oso Pardo said:

I haven't really said anything on this issue because I feel like as long as the players like them then that's what matters. But, neither of them look pumped at all about having those uniforms on. Poor Ebner looks like someone just kicked his dog. Slumped shoulders, hands clasped in front of a vital area and a look on his face that lacks any energy are all signs of unhappiness or insecurity...and I'm pretty sure these guys are anything but insecure. Brewer has the same DGAF look on his face. Hopefully I'm reading too much into it and they're just tired from a hard day. Like some others have said, if we have a great season in these then I'm sure we'll all grow to love them (nothing we can do about it now anyway).
Ya I think you're reading waaaaay too much into it. Ebner wouldn't have posted it if he felt the way you're reading.
PartyBear
What is the significance of the 150 on the jersey?
Oso Pardo
LTbear said:

Oso Pardo said:

Ya I think you're reading waaaaay too much into it. Ebner wouldn't have posted it if he felt the way you're reading.
I can roll with that. Here's to a season full of BU kicking A$$ all around the XII.

SIC'EM
LTbear
PartyBear said:

I think this is the 150th anniversary of the beginning of college football.
whitetrash
PartyBear said:

150th anniversary of college football. Rutgers and Princeton started in 1869. Much more subtle than the 100 logo everyone used in 1969.
PartyBear
Interesting. Our 100 jersey was also part of a green and yellow uni in another rare historic exception.
historian
LTbear said:

Oso Pardo said:

Good point. They were probably tired from a hard workout. I hope so. That will make them stronger and better this Fall.
TenBears
Thee University said:

Who cares?

They were winning, until 3 years ago!
historian
notbubbleboy said:

Thee University said:

Who cares?
They were winning, until 3 years ago!
Mostly true: two 11 win seasons & four seasons with at least 10 wins. 2011-15 are among the best years of Baylor football. However, technically 3 yard ago was also a winning season, albeit barely: 7-6.
ABC BEAR
whitetrash said:

PartyBear said:

150th anniversary of college football. Rutgers and Princeton started in 1869.
Have the aggies claimed the national title for that year?
Wichitabear
I hate to even say this but, that green just doesn't look right. When they first presented them, I thought it looked darker. I personally always liked the pickle green with gold helmets. I imagine when they take the field, it will look ok. It will look better as we win games. I hope.
Wichitabear
Lololol I know.
Baylor3216
Aqua
PartyBear
These are essentially green and yellow Penn State unis. Same exact templet.

I'm still a little perplexed. Those numbers do not appear to be the same color as the end zones and the new alleged "gold" helmet. The green looks a little more Kelly greenish than I remembered as well. I realized we changed the green to have a little more Kelly green. But I remembered it looking more like the green had been using. Could be the lighting in that room however.
Redbrickbear
I don't hate them.....but I don't love them.

Last years units were better.

These new ones are just Kelly green and yellow.

Dia del DougO
Kinda CFL Edmonton Eskimos meets 1979 White Sox.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
MrGolfguy
I think they will look great when Charlie & Ebner are kicking a$s on the field wearing them.

LET'S GO !!!!!
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
Dia del DougO

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Dia del DougO
Dia del DougO said:

^ Nike rep pitching the new BU uni scheme.
Yogi
PartyBear said:

Yeah, that's what's causing sucking here - exactly!!!
BearN
guys the white balance is off in those pics

jumpinjoe
PartyBear said:

Interesting. Our 100 jersey was also part of a green and yellow uni in another rare historic exception.

Ahhhh...that historic perfect season 0-10 under Bill Beall's first year at Baylor.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.