Football
Sponsored by

UT receiver arrested on weapons charges on Aug 1

3,093 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Grizz Air
Banned BarleyMcDougal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Joshua Moore

The kid wasn't even suspended from school or practice. Pretty ****ty of UT. That's a really, really bad look when a young thug isn't even suspended.

Herman's response..."We have talked with him and his family and are handling this internally at this time, but will continue to monitor the legal process," Herman said. "We will determine any further action upon the completion of that process."

Hmm...who's that sound like?

The truth is that Herman has been recruiting thugs and karma is gonna catch up to him.
TheAgentGrant
That's their terminology of "We are above the rules, and the law".
AgentGrant
chukronos
I think that this story is fake. Only Baylor has bad dudes.
MrGolfguy
If the kid played for Baylor it would be running on the ESPN Bottom Line at least 24/7. But, the kid plays for UT so its crickets from them.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
Jacques Strap
He's probably a great dude who just needs another chance
Space Cutter
Herman interviewed on Austin sports said he's not there to punish kids when they make mistakes but to teach them. Basically nothing to see here. We're Texas and we're back!

Rules don't apply to ut
Sailor Bear
MrGolfguy said:

If the kid played for Baylor it would be running on the ESPN Bottom Line at least 24/7. But, the kid plays for UT so its crickets from them.

It's a misdemeanor gun charge.
TheAgentGrant
I read the report after I made my statement. no worries
AgentGrant
MrGolfguy
Bearish said:

It's a misdemeanor gun charge.
Exactly, if a Baylor player doesn't say "God bless you" after somebody sneezes it's the crime of the century.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
william
BarleyMcDougal said:

Joshua Moore

The kid wasn't even suspended from school or practice. Pretty ****ty of UT. That's a really, really bad look when a young thug isn't even suspended.

Herman's response..."We have talked with him and his family and are handling this internally at this time, but will continue to monitor the legal process," Herman said. "We will determine any further action upon the completion of that process."

Hmm...who's that sound like?

The truth is that Herman has been recruiting thugs and karma is gonna catch up to him.
He's not afraid of your judgement
He knows of horrors worse than your Hell.

- NP BHJ

{ sipping coffee }
Dale?
BUbearinARK
Must not have shown up on rapsheets.org
Ten Bears
The article in the Austin American Statesman says he was arrested on Aug. 1. Makes no mention of when the incident occurred.

The ESPN article says it happened in early July and he was arrested July 5th. Presumably, he was arrested the day it occurred.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27408591/texas-wr-moore-faces-charges-carrying-gun

Texas receiver Joshua Moore faces misdemeanor gun charges after police arrested him while he was carrying a loaded pistol in early July in downtown Austin.

According to a police arrest affidavit obtained by KXAN-TV in Austin, Moore was arrested on July 5 after officials monitoring the Austin Police Department's Real Time Crime Center (TRCC) noticed his alleged suspicious activity.
cowach
The Austin crowd will scream loud about GunControl but won't enforce existing laws or create laws to punish serious criminals. There's nothing in this story that says misdemeanor. Chambering rounds in public view? 30 round magazine? No license to carry? He should go to prison.

"Remove a firearm from his waistband, walk in between two vehicles, appearing to chamber a round by pulling the slide of the gun to the rear and then place the firearm back into his waistband."
"The pistol contained a 30-round magazine with a live round which was loaded into the chamber ready to be fired,
cowach
I'll correct myself on one thing. Technically, this was a misdemeanor. It could elevate if there are additional circumstances.
Grizz Air
Is he a starter? He will get 5 hrs community service.
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.