Football
Sponsored by

Stay to the End

7,119 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bear8084
Space Cutter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My hope for this year's Baylor Line is that they will commit to STAY TIL THE END. Win or lose, STAY TIL THE END. Sing the Baylor Line with the fans and players. Support the team's commiment to winning the Big 12.

Come on Class of 23, show the Baylor Nation that you are with this team and STAY TIL THE END.
ImwithBU
lol. I dont even plan on staying until the end on Saturday. This August heat has been ridiculous
BaylorGrad&Dad

BBWCBear
Gen Z, so there's that. Lol, 90-100+ degrees, doubtful more than a handful has ever experienced that.

Oh wait... sorry, can't think of a way to trigger Thee, Milli or X to infuse the Cabers, pencil necks, Sweat Hog venom. Kidding, kidding
CorsicanaBear
I'm with ImwithBU. Especially with how long the games drag on with seemingly interminable play reviews and commercial breaks. If we are ahead by 3 or more touchdowns by the end of Q3 (we should/better be) I'm out.
Illigitimus non carborundum
Shamgar
OK. Here is an idea that's been bouncing around in my head this summer waiting on CFB to start. Why not have tryouts with the Baylor Line and take one walk on freshmen player, give him the same number that is on all of the line jerseys(this year 23?). The Line's representative so to speak and make his only job to take the last snap in home games where we are at least 9 points up and take a knee. Might get more people including the line hang around just to see him come in for that last snap.
BellCountyBear
Shamgar said:

OK. Here is an idea that's been bouncing around in my head this summer waiting on CFB to start. Why not have tryouts with the Baylor Line and take one walk on freshmen player, give him the same number that is on all of the line jerseys(this year 23?). The Line's representative so to speak and make his only job to take the last snap in home games where we are at least 9 points up and take a knee. Might get more people including the line hang around just to see him come in for that last snap.
Not a terrible idea.
historian
Curious as to what CMR thinks about it. I would not mind seeing that.

And we have at least one player who was a walk on from the Baylor Line.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
BUGWBBear
Shamgar said:

I'd go for that. Could even dress out a girl to do that.
T-REX
Wait.... People leave games early?
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
BellCountyBear
I agree that the games are too ****ing long because of tv/radio commercials and official reviews. But I try to always stay to the end to honor the players and coaches who put a hell of a lot more effort into it than I do.
T-REX
Never in 27 years of life have I ever left early minus 1 time in junior high when we had a week night game and I had a test the next day I believe. Ive seen a lot of terrible games in my days but will never leave early. You never know what may happen. IT AINT OVER TILL IT'S OVER!!! if you are worried aboit beat, proper hydration during the entire week will fix a lot of issues for you. As for time frame, yea its a few hours but its fun!
Baylor MBA 2023
Booray
Looking forward to seats in the shade this year.

BTW, I don't think is going to be a problem in the 4th qtr this week. The 3:00 start v UTSA will be brutal
historian
I remember October 11, 2014 very clearly: after the pick six, some people near me left (they had arrived late too) and I chatted with a lady nearby. There was no way I was leaving with over 11 minutes left in the game. It was the best game I've ever seen!!
william
the end? the absolute bitter end?

2240 / 365.25 = 7.77549

.77549 * 365.25 = 283.25

Looks to be Oct 10, 2026

Looks to be a Monday.

Oh well.

- BUmma

Go Bears!!!

Go Bears!
Johnny Bear
BellCountyBear said:

Shamgar said:

Not a terrible idea.
Sounds too much like an attempted rip off of the aggy "12th man thing" (with a designated player wearing number "12" on the kickoff team) to me and we don't want to appear to be somehow trying to copy them. Besides, I doubt a gimmick like that would have that much of an impact as far as getting a significant number of additional people to stay until the end.
hodedofome
Play some modern music in the stadium during breaks and make it a party instead of using every break to thank another sponsor or hand out another award.

Put a live DJ on the berm or right in the middle of the student section.

This is how you keep a 19 year old's interest for 3+ hours. Even if the actual game is boring, make it where the experience can still be exciting.
SMack
william said:

2240 / 365.25 = 7.77549

.77549 * 365.25 = 283.25

Looks to be Oct 10, 2026

Looks to be a Monday.

Oh well.

- BUmma

Go Bears!!!

Your first number is short 600 days.

For what it's worth, it'll be a Sunday in June.

And your cipherin' is off.
BaylorRocks
Announce free Whataburger to all BL23 shirts at the end of the game. That'll keep 'em.......
william
SMack said:

william said:

2240 / 365.25 = 7.77549

.77549 * 365.25 = 283.25

Looks to be Oct 10, 2026

Looks to be a Monday.

Oh well.

- BUmma

Go Bears!!!

Your first number is short 600 days.

For what it's worth, it'll be a Sunday in June.

And your cipherin' is off.
don't reckon I was ever much good at cipherin'.

- BUmma

{ puts boots back on }

' ... of our elaborate plans ... '

{ sipping coffee }

{ eating donut }

BID.
Go Bears!
CorsicanaBear
Quote:

Play some modern music in the stadium during breaks

I find your idea for playing selections from Satie, Sibelius, Ligeti, Saint-Saens, Strauss, Elgar, Mahler, Stravinsky and Holst intriguing and hope it will be implemented. Lux Aterna as a team entry and Mars-God of War when the defense is on the field would be great.
Oso Pardo
hodedofome said:

Play some modern music in the stadium during breaks and make it a party instead of using every break to thank another sponsor or hand out another award.

This is how you keep a 19 year old's interest for 3+ hours. Even if the actual game is boring, make it where the experience can still be exciting.
I agree with this 100%. I have a teenager who has made this comment at every game for the past couple of years. He says it used to "be so much more fun" back when they played "good" music and the atmosphere felt more laid back and party like. He loves it when we're winning, but says that it just doesn't feel the as fun and exciting as it used to because nobody seems to be pumped up anymore (his words). Teenagers/college students don't want to be serious and all business for 3+ hours at a football game, they want to scream during the plays then dance/sing/act foolish during the breaks and between plays. They're not like most of us adults who want to intently watch and listen at the game (and maybe hear some 80's rock or 90's hip-hop), they want to have a crazy good time and that's how you keep them engaged for the whole game...at least according to my kids.
BrutalBear
The simple fact is if the environment is fun and people are having a good time they won't be as prone to leaving early. If they're leaving then BU needs to enhance the game day experience.
historian
CorsicanaBear said:

Quote:

Play some modern music in the stadium during breaks

I find your idea for playing selections from Satie, Sibelius, Ligeti, Saint-Saens, Strauss, Elgar, Mahler, Stravinsky and Holst intriguing and hope it will be implemented. Lux Aterna as a team entry and Mars-God of War when the defense is on the field would be great.
Don't forget Shostakovich! There are parts of Symphony #7 and #11 that would be great in certain circumstances.

Quote:

The simple fact is if the environment is fun and people are having a good time they won't be as prone to leaving early. If they're leaving then BU needs to enhance the game day experience.

So true.
Timbear
It's tough for anyone to sit for 4 hours in the blazing Sun. The game should be at 7 or 8 at night. It's really not safe for the player's.
historian
I don't think espn (or any of the other TV folks) know/care about Texas heat. And the times for the games are determined by them. Baylor likely has no say in the matter.
hodedofome
Oso Pardo said:

hodedofome said:

I agree with this 100%. I have a teenager who has made this comment at every game for the past couple of years. He says it used to "be so much more fun" back when they played "good" music and the atmosphere felt more laid back and party like. He loves it when we're winning, but says that it just doesn't feel the as fun and exciting as it used to because nobody seems to be pumped up anymore (his words). Teenagers/college students don't want to be serious and all business for 3+ hours at a football game, they want to scream during the plays then dance/sing/act foolish during the breaks and between plays. They're not like most of us adults who want to intently watch and listen at the game (and maybe hear some 80's rock or 90's hip-hop), they want to have a crazy good time and that's how you keep them engaged for the whole game...at least according to my kids.

Your kids are representative of the other kids out there.

Win the crowd...and you will win your freedom.

Crap, sorry wrong movie.

Win the students, and you will create an atmosphere of excitement which motivates the home team and makes it really tough on the away team. Create that kind of atmosphere, and you'll be known as the stadium where top 10 teams go to lose.
BearFan33
zunooreo said:

Announce free Whataburger to all BL23 shirts at the end of the game. That'll keep 'em.......
I kind of like something like this....give out a freebie which can only be collected at the close of the game.
CorsicanaBear
This is round 3 (at least) of the "make game day more exciting" argument from way back on Baylor Fans. More music, less music, better music. Newer music, older music. More BUGWB, less BUGWB. More contests, less contests. Blah, Blah, Blah.

When we started winning, game day was better. Nobody has to do anything else. Just win. Fans will be excited. Games will have meaning. We'll play in big games. Atmosphere will take care of itself.
BaylorHistory
BUGWBBear said:

Shamgar said:

I'd go for that. Could even dress out a girl to do that.
5'1 Maria Ochoa died today when...
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
historian
hodedofome said:

Win the students, and you will create an atmosphere of excitement which motivates the home team and makes it really tough on the away team. Create that kind of atmosphere, and you'll be known as the stadium where top 10 teams go to lose.

IIRC, SI said that about Baylor a few years ago.
Hob Howelll
Even though I don't personally drink - alcohol sales would absolutely give the stadium more excitement/energy/whatever.

I realize that may detract from the family atmosphere. I just think we should try it out
Shakesbear
ImwithBU said:

lol. I dont even plan on staying until the end on Saturday. This August heat has been ridiculous
I'll bring a sweater. It gets kinda chilly come Labor Day weekend
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
BrutalBear
The Hound said:

Even though I don't personally drink - alcohol sales would absolutely give the stadium more excitement/energy/whatever.

I realize that may detract from the family atmosphere. I just think we should try it out
Much agreed. People are already drinking at the tailgate so what is the problem?
T-REX
BrutalBear said:

The Hound said:

Much agreed. People are already drinking at the tailgate so what is the problem?

U think we aint drinking at games? All the suites allow alcohol. Tons of people sneak it in too. Sell it amd make money. Boom
Baylor MBA 2023
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.