Football
Sponsored by

Stay to the End

7,164 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bear8084
BrutalBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
T-REX said:

BrutalBear said:

The Hound said:

Even though I don't personally drink - alcohol sales would absolutely give the stadium more excitement/energy/whatever.

I realize that may detract from the family atmosphere. I just think we should try it out
Much agreed. People are already drinking at the tailgate so what is the problem?

U think we aint drinking at games? All the suites allow alcohol. Tons of people sneak it in too. Sell it amd make money. Boom
I don't know about all this rule breaking you speak of, and if I did, I wouldn't be saying anything. Ain't no narcs around here. I'm just saying the upcharge may be worth eliminating the hassle of making a binocular flask.
hodedofome
CorsicanaBear said:

This is round 3 (at least) of the "make game day more exciting" argument from way back on Baylor Fans. More music, less music, better music. Newer music, older music. More BUGWB, less BUGWB. More contests, less contests. Blah, Blah, Blah.

When we started winning, game day was better. Nobody has to do anything else. Just win. Fans will be excited. Games will have meaning. We'll play in big games. Atmosphere will take care of itself.
Yes but winning the B12 every year is tough. Wouldn't it be nice if we could create an exciting atmosphere that got even the fair weather fans engaged in both good years and bad?

There are programs out there with a culture of game day excitement, even if the team isn't that great. I don't know that it's possible for a place like Baylor to become that without some 'help.'
hodedofome
historian said:

hodedofome said:

Win the students, and you will create an atmosphere of excitement which motivates the home team and makes it really tough on the away team. Create that kind of atmosphere, and you'll be known as the stadium where top 10 teams go to lose.

IIRC, SI said that about Baylor a few years ago.
Yes, either SI or ESPN coined that phrase when we had the longest home game winning streak of anyone short of 'Bama.
Shakesbear
I'll stay to sing "That Good Old Baylor LIne" as always
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
Bubear2020
How about the alumni and other fans do a better job of setting the example before we beg freshman to do something most aren't willing to do! Do I agree with you they should stay till the end? Yes! But so should all the big money people who empty out the chair backs right behind our bench in the third quarter because we're winning by too much. Same people who complained years ago and just a couple years ago about not winning enough.
Bubear2020
People should not need alcohol to enjoy a game. Also considering the heat and the fact most people drink before the game that would be a horrible combo. Lastly from personal experience people who have to consume alcohol at sporting events to "enjoy them" end up being the only one in their sections enjoying it because they piss everyone else off.
T-REX
Bubear2020 said:

People should not need alcohol to enjoy a game. Also considering the heat and the fact most people drink before the game that would be a horrible combo. Lastly from personal experience people who have to consume alcohol at sporting events to "enjoy them" end up being the only one in their sections enjoying it because they piss everyone else off.
you should watch a game with me. sober and intoxicated is exactly the same for me.
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
T-REX
Bubear2020 said:

How about the alumni and other fans do a better job of setting the example before we beg freshman to do something most aren't willing to do! Do I agree with you they should stay till the end? Yes! But so should all the big money people who empty out the chair backs right behind our bench in the third quarter because we're winning by too much. Same people who complained years ago and just a couple years ago about not winning enough.
I do my part. There is a reason I only look for tickets behind Baylor's bench when I am able to attend. raise hell win or lose for 60 whole minutes of football
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
BaylorRocks
Bubear2020 said:

Grimm
T-REX

U think we aint drinking at games? All the suites allow alcohol. Tons of people sneak it in too. Sell it amd make money. Boom

Forget that, after Jersey runs out of Briles' quarterbacks, they should be passing out "communion" ever-clear shots at every quarter to keep the masochists in the building.... The whole "security theater" and no reentry thing was absolutely stupid for Baylor since the kids and like 80% of the adults just go home instead...
Grimm
Quote:

empty out the chair backs right behind our bench in the third quarter because we're winning by too much.
Bubear2020
With all due respect though your a man child. You're wearing a chrome plastic mask and a jersey in your profile pic. You wear gloves to the football games. For a grown man it's just weird. You can be a good intense fan without looking completely insane.
Bubear2020
Watch Saturday if we're up by 28 halfway through the third. Most of the seats right behind Baylor's bench will empty out. There's a good chance if this makes you mad your probably guilty of leaving early.
BaylorRocks
Grimm said:

T-REX

Forget that, after Jersey runs out of Briles' quarterbacks, they should be passing out "communion" ever-clear shots at every quarter to keep the masochists in the building.... The whole "security theater" and no reentry thing was absolutely stupid for Baylor since the kids and like 80% of the adults just go home instead...
"after Jersey runs out of Briles' quarterbacks"

Very strong contender for "Most Idiotic Post of the Preseason"........

Bear8084
Grimm said:

T-REX

There are no Briles' QBs left.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.