Story Poster
Baylor Football

Baylor HC Matt Rhule joins You Make the Call to discuss NFL rumors

December 30, 2019

Baylor head coach Matt Rhule joined You Make the Call of ESPN Central Texas Monday to discuss the NFL rumors that have been swirling over the weekend and the upcoming game against Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. 

Discussion from...

Baylor HC Matt Rhule joins You Make the Call to discuss NFL rumors

11,523 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Grizz Air
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I listened but I don't feel any more informed then before. He has said he will pay attention and I'll take him at his word. He basically said he is here for the long haul and he will listen to offers.
SuzieQuzie61
Alice,
He said he will listen to them because it's the right thing to do...listen and hear them out. He also said that's how people will respect you. "Do you want me to be at Baylor because I have to, or because I love it and it's where I want to be?" And another thing he mentioned was that if his perfect job came open (which he said he doesn't know what that is) HE would be calling them and telling them he was interested in the job.
So going by what I heard him say, we don't have to worry about him going anywhere any time soon.
Grizz Air
Thanks for posting Smoaky
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
BluesBear
Just maybe he listens to the interviews to Learn something about the organization that he can apply at Baylor. Additionally, he shows wells so that NFL organization recognizes the character that he and the coaches are molding into these college players to help Bu players get drafted.

For the life of me, I just don't see the desire to leave an organization where you make 6m to make, maybe another million to Coach on Sundays. It's just not a sexy draw anymore.

If Rhule turns out to be the greatest football coach at Baylor, we are all fortunate to live during the period where KM, Drew and Rhule were at Baylor at the same time. Pretty freaking awesome - as my son says.
McCavebear
TrustTheProcess said:

Just maybe he listens to the interviews to Learn something about the organization that he can apply at Baylor. Additionally, he shows wells so that NFL organization recognizes the character that he and the coaches are molding into these college players to help Bu players get drafted.

For the life of me, I just don't see the desire to leave an organization where you make 6m to make, maybe another million to Coach on Sundays. It's just not a sexy draw anymore.

If Rhule turns out to be the greatest football coach at Baylor, we are all fortunate to live during the period where KM, Drew and Rhule were at Baylor at the same time. Pretty freaking awesome - as my son says.
Damn straight, it is awesome.
McCavebear Lives!
BellCountyBear
As I tried to say on the other thread of hyperventilating posters...calm the **** down. He's not going anywhere in the near future.
summaryjudged
BellCountyBear said:

As I tried to say on the other thread of hyperventilating posters...calm the **** down. He's not going anywhere in the near future.

Meanwhile green posts on the other sub literally saying giants are a true threat but hoping he stays for one more season. What's near future mean to you?
Grizz Air
I think it's cool that during the off-season the BU staff is getting together with the UGA staff for a mutual feedback session. Iron sharpens iron, as they say.
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.