Football
Sponsored by

"Massive" news in college football??

16,944 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Chamberman
Wineguy89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PartyBear said:

The cowboys were better under Garrett than the Dolphins were under Saban.

And the Browns were better under Kitchens than they were under Belicheck (and Saban).......sometimes success comes the 2nd time around!!
bear2be2
365 said:

bear2be2 said:

365 said:

boognish_bear said:

This is vague af.

This is a college football reporter for Fox Sports.

Footballscoop.com has a report up.

Gus Malzahn is supposedly being pushed out by Auburn boosters. They plan on elevating their current defensive coordinator (Broyles nominee Kevin Steele) to Head Coach.

Steele's brother coaches on offense at a FCS powerhouse and apparently the plan is to bring him in to run Auburn's offense. Would be the biggest brother coaching combo of all-time ahead of the likes of Bob/Mark Stoops and Bo/Carl Pelini.

Hope I don't need to add the sarcasm font for this.
Dale doesn't coach the Campbell Camels anymore?
He got fired. But he landed as an assistant at James Madison which actually is an FCS powerhouse.

If Kevin Steele ends up getting a head-coaching job (which seems very possible despite his age, especially considering Ed Orgeron's recent success), my hope is that "Boo Boo" lands on Kevin's staff for a re-do. Would be entertaining. Hell, I'd evenroot for them to succeed if it's not a Big 12 school.
You're a bigger man than me. I just can't bring myself to root for Kevin Steele. It's petty, I know, because he wasn't a terrible guy. But I just can't forgive the damage he did to our football program.
BBWCBear
365 said:

bear2be2 said:

365 said:

boognish_bear said:

This is vague af.

Gus Malzahn is supposedly being pushed out by Auburn boosters. They plan on elevating their current defensive coordinator (Broyles nominee Kevin Steele) to Head Coach.

Steele's brother coaches on offense at a FCS powerhouse and apparently the plan is to bring him in to run Auburn's offense. Would be the biggest brother coaching combo of all-time ahead of the likes of Bob/Mark Stoops and Bo/Carl Pelini.

He got fired. But he landed as an assistant at James Madison which actually is an FCS powerhouse.

If Kevin Steele ends up getting a head-coaching job (which seems very possible despite his age, especially considering Ed Orgeron's recent success), my hope is that "Boo Boo" lands on Kevin's staff for a re-do. Would be entertaining. Hell, I'd evenroot for them to succeed if it's not a Big 12 school.

NO! NO way, not for Cap'n Carrot!
PartyBear
Wineguy89 said:

PartyBear said:

And the Browns were better under Kitchens than they were under Belicheck (and Saban).......sometimes success comes the 2nd time around!!

Saban has been HC of only the Dolphins in the NFL.
Bear8084
bear2be2 said:

365 said:

bear2be2 said:

365 said:

boognish_bear said:

This is vague af.

You're a bigger man than me. I just can't bring myself to root for Kevin Steele. It's petty, I know, because he wasn't a terrible guy. But I just can't forgive the damage he did to our football program.

This. Some posters keep talking about the Liberty loss like it was some kind of nuke dropped on the program again when in reality it meant nothing when compared to the absolute trainwreck that was the Steele era. Each game was like a Liberty-loss, but it was over by halftime. Even the wins felt like losses. And just the nonchalantness of Steele, his coaching set us back so much, I would rather not root for him in anything.
PartyBear
I guess we are only 2 hours away from still being within the 24 hours this massive development is to be announced.
Stranger
Bear8084 said:

bear2be2 said:

365 said:

bear2be2 said:

365 said:

boognish_bear said:

This is vague af.

This. Some posters keep talking about the Liberty loss like it was some kind of nuke dropped on the program again when in reality it meant nothing when compared to the absolute trainwreck that was the Steele era. Each game was like a Liberty-loss, but it was over by halftime. Even the wins felt like losses. And just the nonchalantness of Steele, his coaching set us back so much, I would rather not root for him in anything.

Steele just needed to eat a cheeseburger or some barbecue. And he was bad. However he didn't ever lose to Liberty. Some things are hard to forget
57Bear
Usually there are significant rumblings before the volcano blows - have there been OTHER rumblings?
Bear8084
Stranger said:

Bear8084 said:

bear2be2 said:

365 said:

bear2be2 said:

365 said:

boognish_bear said:

This is vague af.

Steele just needed to eat a cheeseburger or some barbecue. And he was bad. However he didn't ever lose to Liberty. Some things are hard to forget

Meaningless loss in hindsight. Nobody but those refusing to see where we are now bring it up.
PartyBear
Orgeron was Steele or almost as bad at Ole Miss 15 years ago. In an almost blue blood program already loaded, with 20 more years of experience coaching and as a coordinator, Steele could be Orgeron at LSU for that program as well. That seemed to have done the trick to change Orgeron's fortunes. I'm sure the Ole Miss folks and others around the SEC were thinking *** are they thinking when LSU hired O.
bear2be2
PartyBear said:

Orgeron was Steele or almost as bad at Ole Miss 15 years ago. In an almost blue blood program already loaded, Steele could be Orgeron at LSU as well. That seemed to have done the trick to change Orgeron's fortunes. I'm sure the Ole Miss folks and others around the SEC were thinking *** are they thinking when LSU hired O.
I think you make a lot of assumptions when comparing Steele to Orgeron. Orgeron was bad at Ole Miss, for sure, but he has a unique and dynamic personality that Kevin Steele just doesn't seem to have. Players are drawn to him and get fired up to play for him. I'm not sure Steele has ever shown that same quality.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Steele get another opportunity in all honesty. I would just be weary if I was the team that made that hire. He just doesn't feel like a head coach to me, though I admit I could be wrong about that.
PartyBear
I guess O has to grow on you. He doesn't seem anymore charismatic to me than Rey's junk dealer guardian on Jakku. I recall Steele coming across rather polished in public at least on the other hand.
BUbackerinET
Two Words why it will never happen: Jerry Jones.

He will never give up the control Jerry would require...
Branch155
PartyBear said:

Wineguy89 said:

PartyBear said:

It was Butch Davis that did nothing as Browns HC
Jack Bauer
Massive news - Baylor pretended to be worthy of a NY6 bowl.
BearlyBeloved
Jack Bauer said:

Boo! Go post this somewhere else, not here.
Russell Gym
Branch155 said:

PartyBear said:

Wineguy89 said:

PartyBear said:

It was Butch Davis that did nothing as Browns HC

Saban was DC at Cleveland.
Jack Bauer
Was the bombshell news ever revealed?
RegentCoverup
Jack Bauer said:

Was the bombshell news ever revealed?
Take a wild guess...
LIB,MR BEARS
Jack Bauer said:

go follow another team. You'd fit in well in B/CS
Jack Bauer
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Jack Bauer said:

go follow another team. You'd fit in well in B/CS

Lighten up Francis.
boognish_bear
Chicken little

Jack Bauer
What a chicken ****.
RegentCoverup
I wish everyone could sit in on a press conference with the big names of sports.
They'd definitely quit being shocked by this sorta thing.

kevinwood
boognish_bear said:

This is vague af.

Gary Patterson tries Cool Sculpting

Jacques Strap
I haven't slept since this massive possible news tweet and I'm almost out of coffee and cigarettes
saabing bear
"I don't know what I'll do, I only know it'll be something massive." Clint Eastwood, Eiger Sanction.
ImABearToo
Hillary Clinton named Chancellor at Northern Ireland University! Breaking now.....
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
boognish_bear
Welp....here it comes (kidding)

Jack Bauer
boognish_bear said:

This is vague af.

Welcome to the journalistic standards of social media..

"Heard it from a a friend who heard it from a friend..."
LIB,MR BEARS
Jack Bauer said:

boognish_bear said:

This is vague af.

That sounds more a Speadwagon standard
boognish_bear
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Jack Bauer said:

boognish_bear said:

This is vague af.

That sounds more a Speadwagon standard

Haha....that was my first thought too
Media Bear
Jack Bauer said:

boognish_bear said:

This is vague af.

This. Not so much because schools teach that this is acceptable -- they don't -- but moreso because they do not emphasize nearly enough that it is shoddy practice.
Hee-hee, hee. Hee-hee, hee. Woo! -- Michael Jackson
A buppa-ba-ba, buppa-buppa-ba. -- Paula Abdul
Say yah-yah-yah. -- John Mellencamp
Ooh-ooh wee-oo ooh-ooh-ooh. -- Mick Jagger/Rolling Stones
De do-do-do. De da-da-da. Is all I want to say to you. -- Sting (Gordon Sumner)/The Police
Ramidi ma-ma ba-di-ma, ramidi ma-ma ba-din-doe. -- David Draiman/Disturbed
C-c-c-c-come on. -- George Michael
People on streets, ee-da-dee-da-dee-da-dee-da -- Freddie Mercury
historian
Without reading all the posts, I can predict what the "massive news" in college football will be in a couple weeks: the Tigers are National Champions.
Thee University
Timbear said:

Art Briles named HC anywhere.
Please Lord let it happen!!!!!!

We need to purge our CABers ASAP.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.