Football
Sponsored by

Dave Aranda trying to flip LSU 5-star commit

3,268 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PartyBear
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dave-aranda-trying-to-flip-lsu-5-star-commit/

Former LSU defensive coordinator Dave Aranda is doing all he can to land one of 2021's top players, a linebacker he is personally hoping to groom as the next star in the Big 12 at his new destination as head coach of the Baylor Bears.

Aranda extended an offer this week to five-star LSU commit Raesjon Davis from Santa Ana, California, one of the most talented players on the West Coast who has instant-impact potential at the next level.
Baylor hired Aranda away from the national champion Tigers last week following the departure of Matt Rhule to the Carolina Panthers.

Rated the nation's top outside linebacker and the 19th-best player overall in his class per the 247Sports Composite, Davis committed to LSU on New Year's Day and has a strong relationship with Aranda, who recruited him during his time in Baton Rouge. A potential flip would take away LSU's highest-rated player in its 2021 class thus far.

Raesjon Davis (@RaesjonDavis1) Tweeted:
Extremely honored to receive an offer from Baylor University #SicEm https://t.co/oiGF7EsiU0

"I'm very excited to be a Tiger," Davis told 247Sports at the time of his decision. "I was ready, I know it's early but I was ready and I knew this is what I wanted to do. I just didn't see a need to put the decision off and I wanted to commit early and focus on the rest of my off-season."
Davis said LSU rose to No. 1 in his recruitment due to several factors.

"I visited twice and loved it there," Davis said. "It just felt like home and I love the direction the football program is going. They have a great program and a great coaching staff as well. I know they can develop me and that was big as well.

"I love coach Orgeron and coach Aranda and talk to them all the time. They made me a priority and I love the scheme and how they want to use me. They like my versatility and feel they'll be able to move me around and play in a similar way they used Devin White so I'll be ready to go."
According to 247Sports recruiting analyst Greg Biggins, Davis has an expansive skill set and is destined for NFL stardom in the future should his development continue.

"An every-down linebacker who does everything well," Biggins writes. "Extremely good in coverage and has shown the ability to run with running backs and even receivers down the field. Is a very good pass rusher as well and shows a great burst off the edge and excellent closing speed. Can break down and play in space, has very good lateral mobility and can change direction like a safety. Is a big hitter and loves contact.
"Plays with an edge to his game and is difficult to play against because of how physical and aggressive he is. Projects as a weak side 'backer because of how well he covers but we can see him playing any of the 'backer positions. Projects as an impact, upper-tier Power 5 starter and future high-round NFL draft pick."

LSU already reached into California for a top-level player in its 2020 class, signing cornerback Elias Ricks, who was a teammates of Davis at Mater Dei before transferring to IMG Academy (Bradenton, Florida).

Davis is one of four commits for LSU's 2021 class, a group ranked No. 17 nationally and fifth in the SEC at the moment, per the 247Sports Composite.

Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They are going to start hating Aranda in Baton Rouge almost as much as they hate Saban.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.