Story Poster
Baylor Baseball

SICEM365 OWNERSHIP ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF SICEM365 RADIO

March 23, 2020

WACO, Tex. (March 23, 2020)—SicEm365.com, the leading Baylor sports, recruiting, and fan engagement site, is launching the next level of coverage for members and fans alike with SicEm365 Radio. Leveraging the power of Internet radio and the SicEm365.com website, this new dimension of their fan-favorite coverage is scheduled to launch April 6, 2020.

To launch SicEm365 Radio, the SicEm365 ownership team of Ashley Hodge, Brian Ethridge and Colt Barber have hired David Smoak, Craig Smoak, and Paul Catalina, formerly of ESPN 1660 Central Texas, to anchor the live programming

“We know times are uncertain right now, but what we are certain of at SicEm365, is that we are going to provide Baylor fans and high school football fans with the best coverage anywhere of games, recruiting, coaches, and more,” said SicEm365.com co-owner Brian Ethridge. “There will be no better place than SicEm365.com and SicEm365 Radio to get your Baylor and high school sports information, and we couldn’t be more excited to have David, Craig, and Paul joining the team.”

SicEm365 Radio will bring in a new, enhanced era of coverage for fans in Central Texas and around the country, powered by the SicEm365.com platform. “When I arrived in Waco in 2010, I thought I wouldn’t be around more than a year. But Waco has become my home, and I’m thrilled that it will remain my home. With SicEm365 Radio, I’ll be able to bring the same passion, enthusiasm and professionalism to SicEm365.com as I have through my 38-year career covering sports at all levels. I can’t wait to continue our thorough coverage of Baylor Athletics, but also high school programs as well,” said David Smoak.

Like SicEm365.com’s message boards and published content, SicEm365 Radio will have content that is both free for all access and premium, subscription-only content. “We have built up a fan community that is passionate about Baylor sports as well as recruiting and high school sports all over Texas. From a virtual board where fans can come together, to weekly recruiting chats, to our first-to-know Bear Signal text notifications, we have brought Baylor fans what they want to see as we’ve cheered the Bears to new heights the last several years,” said Colt Barber, co-owner and Editor in Chief of SicEm365.com. “With the addition of David, Craig, and Paul, we are now able to bring our community the next level of coverage—radio.”

The Smoaks and Catalina are well-known around Central Texas and in high school football circles across the state and will be an invaluable addition to the SicEm365 team following their departure from the traditional sports radio format.

“I’m super excited to join SicEm365. When one door closes, another opens. I know we all look forward to taking the site to another level. I can’t wait to get started,” said Paul Catalina.

Founded in 2016, SicEm365.com has rapidly grown to be the largest Baylor sports and recruiting site on the Internet. With more than 27,000 people in the message board community, the site provides coverage of all sports at Baylor, recruiting across Texas and beyond, and hosts a tailgate at Brazos Parking for each home football game.

“I’ve seen first-hand what an incredible community SicEm365 has grown into the last few years,” said Craig Smoak, who started providing content for the site as a contributor in 2018. “I’m ecstatic to be a full-time member of the team and look forward to reaching new heights with what this site can become and provide to fans.”

The radio show will be streamed live directly on SicEm365. In addition, the show will be available live on multiple social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.

To become a part of the SicEm365.com community, visit www.sicem365.com. Message boards and stories are available for all fans. Subscribers have access to a premium message board, content, and additional features. SicEm365 can also be found on Facebook and Twitter. For information on advertising on SicEm365 Radio, please reach out to David Smoak at smoakyhsfb@gmail.com.

Discussion from...

SICEM365 OWNERSHIP ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF SICEM365 RADIO

15,716 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Brian Ethridge
ydre2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
awesome!
oh herro!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Adding David and Paul to what Craig was already providing will be a huge asset to the site.
Yogi
Good Bye 1660!!! Hello 365!!!

Can Smoaky still do a high school segment?
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Yogi said:

He will do HS segments across all the areas he has covered in the past and will work into new regions as well.
Grizz Air
1660's loss is sicem365's massive gain. Sorry, didn't read the whole article. Is the streaming radio only available to premium subscribers?
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
BUster
I was going crazy thinking I would not be able to hear Smoaky, Craig and Paul's weekly interviews with my Baylor Bear's staff. Hallelujah, I'm so pumped I want to run down the street and shake everybody's hand that I see--hell, I'd hug them too. (If I could, of course). Thank you Sicem365, you are awesome(r).
2023 Adopt-a-Bear: Devyn Bobby, S, So
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Grizz Air said:

1660's loss is sicem365's massive gain. Sorry, didn't read the whole article. Is the streaming radio only available to premium subscribers?
There will be free radio show(s) and they will also have premium content for our subscribers.
BUBBFAN
Will the radio portion cover any or all of the sports at MCC?
Brian Ethridge
Staff
BUBBFAN said:

Will the radio portion cover any or all of the sports at MCC?
They covered them in the past, they'll cover them now.
Yogi
Brian Ethridge said:

Yogi said:

He will do HS segments across all the areas he has covered in the past and will work into new regions as well.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
BradGartman
This is the best news I've gotten since last week. Way to go gents.
BluesBear
This is great news - Love it!!!

When is the iPhone App going to be available????
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Just upgraded our mobile this weekend. Unlikely to have an app when all is in front of you
BluesBear
Super Excited -
Feel The Floyd
Will a podcast be available? That's how I consume (used to consume 1660) from DFW
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Feel The Floyd said:

Will a podcast be available? That's how I consume (used to consume 1660) from DFW

Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, podcast, premium podcasts,etc... And some other items once we can all be in the same place. Going to be fun.
longtimebear
Soo, Do I understand this correctly?
This new service will be a Streaming Only service and NO ability to hear it on my car radio?
historian
If you have a smart phone & bluetooth, it should be possible to listen to podcasts through your car's sound system.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
longtimebear said:

Soo, Do I understand this correctly?
This new service will be a Streaming Only service and NO ability to hear it on my car radio?
Bluetooth should work.
BaylorRocks
Taking what was free radio information and insight, and making people pay for it now? So, basically, subscription-based podcasts right?
Michibear
zunooreo said:

Taking what was free radio information and insight, and making people pay for it now? So, basically, subscription-based podcasts right?
Not my take. Radio is free. Additional premium content will be paid only, similar to what we have now.

This is gonna be good.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
zunooreo said:

No. Radio show is free. David, Craig, and Paul will now handle other pieces for themselves and us under our umbrella. If David does an exclusive interview for the premium side it will be there. If it is for all, it will be there. Radio stays the same.
BellCountyBear
Are we ever going to hear what went down with ESPN 1660? I love a good, dramatic backstory.
BUBear24
BellCountyBear said:

Are we ever going to hear what went down with ESPN 1660? I love a good, dramatic backstory.

if you listen to the last Trust The Podcast Craig Smoak who is one of the hosts with Grayson went through the general story.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
BellCountyBear said:

They were released. We hired them. Website for the better.
historian
WOW! They were great. I cannot imagine why ESPN would not keep them. This is a win/win situation for all of us: for Baylor fans in general & for them.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
The link is live, but the show won't begin until 4/6/20

Also, follow on Twitter:

@SicEm365Radio
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.