Story Poster
Baylor Football

Ten Things: Baylor vs. TCU

October 31, 2020

Thank you for the greatness that is 3Nations Beer for what is already a long season.

1. Larry Fedora has done nothing for the offense in the first half
  2. The team is lost on offense
  3. The offense looks like Jack Crowe was a mastermind
  4. Thank you 3Nations for keeping my focus on something other than this game
  5. Just reset the year
  6. 3Nations small batch West Coast IPA is legit
  7. The wide game doesn’t work in the Big 12 with defenses built for speed or maybe it’s just the OL can’t block a twist
  8. Ben Sims‍ looking like what we thought he would for the past few years
  9. I am feeling no pain 
  10. 33-17... Liking that a bit more
  11. SQWWWWWWWIRLLLLLLLLLLL
  12. Defense trying to get the ball back to the offense
  13. Need the team to play a complete game.

Discussion from...

Ten Things: Baylor vs. TCU

7,149 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by historian
Stranger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good list.

14. Baylor ought to burn those godawful velveeta shirts because they have the stench of the Texas Christian loss all over them.

Please bring back gold hats and green shirts and try to resemble Baylor again.
historian
Some radom thoughts/reactions to the above:

The queso colored unis looked great against Texas last year. It's not the unis, it's too many mistakes--and this time on both sides of the ball.

The list includes 3 items that have nothing to do with football--so at least the headline is more accurate.

Nice to see Sqwirl doing some great things. We need more of that--and from Lovett & Ebner too.

I wonder how much of this debacle was a fallout from the Sunday implosion.

I was beginning to wonder why they did not bring in Gerry or Jacob, even if only for a few plays. Then vintage Charlie showed up in the 4th quarter leading to some great things. But it was too little, too late.

The 4th quarter heroics reminded me of the OU & W Virginia games in 2017.

The officials were terrible!! That hit on the punter was literally right in front of me. I wish I had had my camera on for that one. Then there were TCU penalties not called--far too many. I thought I had seen terrible Big 12 refs before, this group might be the worst ever.

We have to prepare for the possibility (very real, unfortunately) that we might end up 1-8.

Yes, it's a disappointing season but it's also the first year of a new HC--with no HC experience. What did any of us really expect? 8-9 wins? I know I was hoping for at least 4-5 but that does not seem very realistic now--and never really was. Add onto that, the pandemic, the cancelled games, and the lack of practices.

All the extra drama has taken a toll on the team and it's not all the fault of the coaches, Charlie. the OL, the receivers, or anyone else one might choose to blame.

I still think we have a chance to get a few more wins--perhaps K State & Tech.

We are going to have to be patient. It will take time to get Baylor football back where we want it. This should not be a surprise.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Stranger
historian said:

The queso colored unis looked great against Texas last year. It's not the unis, it's too many mistakes--and this time on both sides of the ball.

The list includes 3 items that have nothing to do with football--so at least the headline is more accurate.

Nice to see Sqwirl doing some great things. We need more of that--and from Lovett & Ebner too.

I was beginning to wonder why they did not bring in Gerry or Jacob, even if only for a few plays. Then vintage Charlie showed up in the 4th quarter leading to some great things. But it was too little, too late.

The officials were terrible!! That hit on the punter was literally right in front of me. I wish I had had my camera on for that one. Then there were TCU penalties not called--far too many. I thought I had seen terrible Big 12 refs before, this group might be the worst ever.

We have to prepare for the possibility (very real, unfortunately) that we might end up 1-8.

Yes, it's a disappointing season but it's also the first year of a new HC--with no HC experience. What did any of us really expect? 8-9 wins? I know I was hoping for at least 4-5 but that does not seem very realistic now--and never really was. Add onto that, the pandemic, the cancelled games, and the lack of practices.

All the extra drama has taken a toll on the team and it's not all the fault of the coaches, Charlie. the OL, the receivers, or anyone else one might choose to blame.

We are going to have to be patient. It will take time to get Baylor football back where we want it. This should not be a surprise.

The jerseys have never looked great, even in victory. Burn em
Shakesbear
historian said:

Hate to agree on it. but It looks like 1-8 will happen. Thank You baby Jesus for Kansas
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
Reverend
Burn 'em and bury 'em in a deep, deep hole somewhere in far west Texas.
Stranger
Reverend said:

Burn 'em and bury 'em in a deep, deep hole somewhere in far west Texas.

Amen, Rev . . . But make it East Texas. Don't contaminate beautiful West Texas
Reverend
Maybe stuff 'em down a 10,000 foot dry hole and plug it??
Stranger
Reverend said:

Maybe stuff 'em down a 10,000 foot dry hole and plug it??

Works for me.
jdkingbear
I see the humor in dissing the uniforms (though I could care less what they wear), its the guys in them and the fight in the guys, and the game plan devised by the coaches ... and finally the ability of the team to do the job. TCU is no juggernaut. The 2nd half showed that the Bears could play them. Aranda wants to be positive and its a tough haul being a head coach - you must keep everybody up ... and ready, but it's kind of hard to do when you have your two leading rushers quit on you. I don't care about the reason they had unless there is an internal problem that none of us know about. You don't quit your team. Despite the rah rah later in the week ... internally there is an issue. It showed the woeful performance through most of the first half. Maybe a fire was built at half time. Who knows? However, they were competitive in the 2nd half. I hope Aranda and staff can figure out what is best, and I hope that these young men will learn that last week does not have to define who you are. If you wake up in the morning, the destiny of the new day is in your hands. Just do it.
jdkingbear
historian
Well said!

The game Saturday does not have to define the season. It's up to the players to make sure it doesn't. Unfortunately. the trip to Ames will present another big challenge.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.