Baylor Football Recruiting

BREAKING: Auburn WR transfer Hal Presley commits to Baylor

July 2, 2021

On Friday afternoon Baylor received a commitment from Auburn wide receiver transfer Hal Presley‍ (6-3, 190). The 2021 prospect originally signed with Auburn but entered his name into the transfer portal after arriving on campus at the beginning of the summer.

The one time Baylor pledge held offers from Arkansas, Michigan, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, TCU, Texas, Southern Cal and many more out of Mansfield Summit High School. 

Prior to committing to Baylor, Presley took an official visit to Texas Tech. 

As a senior in high school Presley was ranked a four-star prospect by 247Sports. He caught 46 passes for 1,212 and 17 touchdowns in his final prep season and totaled 115 receptions for 2,493 yards and 30 touchdowns in his high school career. 

Discussion from...

BREAKING: Auburn WR transfer Hal Presley commits to Baylor

12,399 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by guadalupeoso
PChaps
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Outstanding! This is going to be some kind of special season.
Bear8084
Welcome back home Presley! Sic 'Em!!!!
Alf
Great pick up for BU!
ABC BEAR
We are in such a sweet place in our recruiting right now.
Ewalker80
Given our lack of tall receivers with a history of production, I would think he would have a chance to contribute early.
SIC EM 94
ABC BEAR said:

We are in such a sweet place in our recruiting right now.

Yep, so expect the NCAA to conveniently levy some ridiculous penalties in the very near future.
PartyBear
Do I understand that right, he just signed with Auburn a few months ago and showed up on campus for school within the last couple of weeks and entered the portal?
Mitch Henessey
We basically traded Stidham and Cam Martin for Davion Mitchell and Hal Presley. I'll take that deal 100 out of 100 times!
Grizz Air
Welcome back sir
Grizz Air
PartyBear said:

Do I understand that right, he just signed with Auburn a few months ago and showed up on campus for school within the last couple of weeks and entered the portal?

Ha, I guess so. I'm not complaining!!!!
Max Quad
So he's a freshman?
Ewalker80
Max Quad said:

So he's a freshman?

Will be true freshman. Class of 2021
Timbear
Absolutely, Mitch.
Courtesy_Flush
He lacks top end speed. Body control is average. Hands are above average. He's a slower less athletic mims. He needs polish on his routes. Don't expect him to contribute for a while. I also heard he had an attitude problem at Auburn which is why he left.
Shakesbear
Courtesy_Flush said:

He lacks top end speed. Body control is average. Hands are above average. He's a slower less athletic mims. He needs polish on his routes. Don't expect him to contribute for a while. I also heard he had an attitude problem at Auburn which is why he left.
4.45 40 ain't too shabby With offers from Michigan, Michigan St, Utah, Texas, Ole Miss, Arky,, USC, Louisville, Okie St, Miss St, Auburn and 16 others, one would think he has some useful skills. Good hands and a knack for high-pointing the ball, good blocking skills, sneaky speed all point to a big upside for him. All 18 year olds want to play right away these days, so many consider it an "attitude" problem. I see it as competitive fire. I think he got a little homesick for Texas, and Dave Aranda and staff were more like family to him. Sic'em Hal!!!!
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
Ewalker80
Shakesbear said:

Courtesy_Flush said:

4.45 40 ain't too shabby With offers from Michigan, Michigan St, Utah, Texas, Ole Miss, Arky,, USC, Louisville, Okie St, Miss St, Auburn and 16 others, one would think he has some useful skills. Good hands and a knack for high-pointing the ball, good blocking skills, sneaky speed all point to a big upside for him. All 18 year olds want to play right away these days, so many consider it an "attitude" problem. I see it as competitive fire. I think he got a little homesick for Texas, and Dave Aranda and staff were more like family to him. Sic'em Hal!!!!

I believe he will be the third most highly rated recruit at his position after tyquan and fleeks, just behind them in composite. Needs to be a huge breakout year for both Tyquan and fleeks.
DanaDane
Courtesy_Flush said:

So you're saying he's more Jared Atkinson than Denzil Mims basically.
chorne68
Ewalker80 said:

Shakesbear said:

Courtesy_Flush said:

I believe he will be the third most highly rated recruit at his position after tyquan and fleeks, just behind them in composite. Needs to be a huge breakout year for both Tyquan and fleeks.
You forgot R.J. Sneed. He was and will be our best receiver.
guadalupeoso
Mitch Henessey said:

We basically traded Stidham and Cam Martin for Davion Mitchell and Hal Presley. I'll take that deal 100 out of 100 times!
It was worth it for Davion Mitchell alone.
guadalupeoso
Shakesbear said:

Courtesy_Flush said:

While I'm glad we have him and think he will be a good player, a lot of those offers were probably not committable, so it's hard to say that: offer list = good player. While I do think he probably had some very solid offers from some top end programs, too many people lean on the "offer" list as a reason to take a kid. But I agree with you on all other points.
Ewalker80
guadalupeoso said:

Shakesbear said:

Courtesy_Flush said:

While I'm glad we have him and think he will be a good player, a lot of those offers were probably not committable, so it's hard to say that: offer list = good player. While I do think he probably had some very solid offers from some top end programs, too many people lean on the "offer" list as a reason to take a kid. But I agree with you on all other points.

Curious why you conclude many of these offers were not committable, particularly because he evidently got a committable offer from auburn which is at least as big an offer as almost all of the offers.
Courtesy_Flush
You nailed it. Don't get me wrong the kid could be a stud. But I'm seeing more of a role player and less of a star.
guadalupeoso
Ewalker80 said:

guadalupeoso said:

Shakesbear said:

Courtesy_Flush said:

Curious why you conclude many of these offers were not committable, particularly because he evidently got a committable offer from auburn which is at least as big an offer as almost all of the offers.
Just because you have offers from Michigan, USC, and Texas, all three of whom take multiple four and five star receivers a season, and almost no 3 stars (and if I remember right Hal Presley was a borderline 3/4 star depending on the site), it's unlikely that all three of those schools had a viable spot for him. All of these schools offer way more players than they can or actually will take, especially at the skill positions. And since all of the top schools go after the top players, it seems like they offer even more players, with many of those offers not being committable long term once those schools lock down who they really want. That's not to say that he didn't have a spot on each of those teams and they each would have welcomed him with open arms, there's no way for me to truly know that, but I just know that often times, a player's offer list (unless they are a high caliber 4 or 5 star player) CAN be a little deceiving.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.