It's been difficult vaccine conversations on going for Dave Aranda and Baylor

9,812 Views | 162 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Amal Shuq-Up
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big_Pumpin said:

It's all out there now. Vaccines are available. Information is available. Why do we care? 18-22 year olds have a 0.0785% chance of ending up in the hospital. If you choose not to get the vaccine and end up in the hospital, it's your choice. Let's move along.
Unfortunately you infect others
BluesBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You can infect others with other diseases as well....no one cried about the Flu deaths year after year....

Global Population is 7.9B

Total # of Covid Cases - 193M

Total # of Covid Deaths - 4.1M

% of people who get Covid - 193M / 7.9B = .024 or 2.4%

Total number of deaths who had covid - 4.1M / 193M = .021 or 2.1%

So you chance of dying if you get covid is .024 x .021 = .0005 or .05%

You are more likely to get in a car accident in Texas and experience a serious injury in that accident (256,797 injuries / 29.2M population) than Catch and Die from Covid......008%; In fact, you are more likely to die in a car accident in Texas 1.55% than catch and die from Covid...

You have to stop watching Main Street News and do you own research....Just recently reporting in the UK / Israel (the two more vaccinated countries in the world) that more than 70% of the people in the hospital had received BOTH shots....

You need to consider what exactly is being put in your body - when there is already proven, remedies to fight off catching the virus and treating it if you do indeed catch it.
BluesBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We can argue about this all day long but I want you to come back on this site in 4-5 months and tell us you feel better physically, mentally, etc.....Prove me wrong and I'll be the first to admit I was wrong....
Norman Dale
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Zerooreo said:

Norman Dale said:

Zerooreo said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Zerooreo said:

PartyBear said:

...and in the meantime forfeit games should this happen to a program that does not mandate the vaccine? There is alot more riding on this decision of a player on scholarship at a school and now perhaps even being paid in some way than just the players' choice. Does Aranda also tell them they do not need to participate in the nutrition and conditioning program and they can eat all their meals a Burger King now as well if that is what they choose to do with their body?
Yep, this whole thing could end very badly.......

Program has to forfeit 2-3 (or more) games due to this silliness
Program ends season at 3-9
Mack offers no refunds for games (product) not delivered to paying fans
Mack sticks to the company line "your money goes to the support of hundreds of student athlete"
Linda begs everyone to shine the light
Fans get pissed at program that had such a simple decision to make
Fans cancel donations and season tickets
Program spirals
Top coaching talent leaves
Mack reaches out to Coach Guy Morriss asking if he'd be interested in leading the Baylor football program again


Just require the vaccine to be on the team. Kids can still make their choice - team or self.

Which part of the factual concept that the vax won't prevent someone from testing positive in the future is the most difficult part for you to understand?

Scientifically supported and widely publicized by the media, 99% of the vaccinated do not test positive nor contract the virus or any of its known variants.

So I would bet on the 99% odds versus the 1%. Not too difficult IMO.
that is not accurate at all
Then prove me wrong with scientific reports and/or national media reports.

We are being told nationally that 99% of new cases are in the unvaccinated, and 99.7% of deaths are in the unvaccinated. Widely reported on all major outlets.

Quote:

What they're saying: The study found the Pfizer vaccine was only 42% effective against infection in July, when the Delta variant was dominant. "If that's not a wakeup call, I don't know what is," a senior Biden official told Axios.
Driving the news: The study, conducted by nference and the Mayo Clinic, compared the effectiveness of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines in the Mayo Clinic Health System over time from January to July.
  • Overall, it found that the Moderna vaccine was 86% effective against infection over the study period, and Pfizer's was 76%. Moderna's vaccine was 92% effective against hospitalization and Pfizer's was 85%.
  • But the vaccines' effectiveness against infection dropped sharply in July, when the Delta variant's prevalence in Minnesota had risen to over 70%.
  • Moderna was 76% effective against infection, and Pfizer was only 42% effective.
  • The study found similar results in other states. For example, in Florida, the risk of infection in July for people fully vaccinated with Moderna was about 60% lower than for people fully vaccinated with Pfizer.

The thing that upsets me about this study is I took both of the Pfizer shots. Now it looks like they aren't all that good at stopping Covid.


This is not directed at you in a negative way whatsoever FYI but this is exactly why some are waiting. To see the actual efficacy (and safety) over time.
D. C. Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LondonBear said:

You can infect others with other diseases as well....no one cried about the Flu deaths year after year....

Global Population is 7.9B

Total # of Covid Cases - 193M

Total # of Covid Deaths - 4.1M

% of people who get Covid - 193M / 7.9B = .024 or 2.4%

Total number of deaths who had covid - 4.1M / 193M = .021 or 2.1%

So you chance of dying if you get covid is .024 x .021 = .0005 or .05%

You are more likely to get in a car accident in Texas and experience a serious injury in that accident (256,797 injuries / 29.2M population) than Catch and Die from Covid......008%; In fact, you are more likely to die in a car accident in Texas 1.55% than catch and die from Covid...

You have to stop watching Main Street News and do you own research....Just recently reporting in the UK / Israel (the two more vaccinated countries in the world) that more than 70% of the people in the hospital had received BOTH shots....

You need to consider what exactly is being put in your body - when there is already proven, remedies to fight off catching the virus and treating it if you do indeed catch it.


You math makes some very bad assumptions:
The number of cases and deaths are (1) static and (2) accurately reported. They are not static as the virus is still here and still infecting more and more people. Global death totals are likely significantly higher than officially reported figures.

Just wondering. When you say "do your own research," does that involve more than creating percentages out of numbers of COVID cases and deaths that are grossly undercounted and adverse reactions to vaccines that are grossly over estimated?

Does "doing your own research" also involve misunderstanding the effectiveness of the vaccines in Israel?

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-644288348135

You say you should "do your own research," but what if, as happened in your case, you're just not any good at it?
Forest Bueller_bf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Norman Dale said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Zerooreo said:

Norman Dale said:

Zerooreo said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Zerooreo said:

PartyBear said:

...and in the meantime forfeit games should this happen to a program that does not mandate the vaccine? There is alot more riding on this decision of a player on scholarship at a school and now perhaps even being paid in some way than just the players' choice. Does Aranda also tell them they do not need to participate in the nutrition and conditioning program and they can eat all their meals a Burger King now as well if that is what they choose to do with their body?
Yep, this whole thing could end very badly.......

Program has to forfeit 2-3 (or more) games due to this silliness
Program ends season at 3-9
Mack offers no refunds for games (product) not delivered to paying fans
Mack sticks to the company line "your money goes to the support of hundreds of student athlete"
Linda begs everyone to shine the light
Fans get pissed at program that had such a simple decision to make
Fans cancel donations and season tickets
Program spirals
Top coaching talent leaves
Mack reaches out to Coach Guy Morriss asking if he'd be interested in leading the Baylor football program again


Just require the vaccine to be on the team. Kids can still make their choice - team or self.

Which part of the factual concept that the vax won't prevent someone from testing positive in the future is the most difficult part for you to understand?

Scientifically supported and widely publicized by the media, 99% of the vaccinated do not test positive nor contract the virus or any of its known variants.

So I would bet on the 99% odds versus the 1%. Not too difficult IMO.
that is not accurate at all
Then prove me wrong with scientific reports and/or national media reports.

We are being told nationally that 99% of new cases are in the unvaccinated, and 99.7% of deaths are in the unvaccinated. Widely reported on all major outlets.

Quote:

What they're saying: The study found the Pfizer vaccine was only 42% effective against infection in July, when the Delta variant was dominant. "If that's not a wakeup call, I don't know what is," a senior Biden official told Axios.
Driving the news: The study, conducted by nference and the Mayo Clinic, compared the effectiveness of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines in the Mayo Clinic Health System over time from January to July.
  • Overall, it found that the Moderna vaccine was 86% effective against infection over the study period, and Pfizer's was 76%. Moderna's vaccine was 92% effective against hospitalization and Pfizer's was 85%.
  • But the vaccines' effectiveness against infection dropped sharply in July, when the Delta variant's prevalence in Minnesota had risen to over 70%.
  • Moderna was 76% effective against infection, and Pfizer was only 42% effective.
  • The study found similar results in other states. For example, in Florida, the risk of infection in July for people fully vaccinated with Moderna was about 60% lower than for people fully vaccinated with Pfizer.

The thing that upsets me about this study is I took both of the Pfizer shots. Now it looks like they aren't all that good at stopping Covid.


This is not directed at you in a negative way whatsoever FYIbut this is exactly why some are waitingto see the actual efficacy (and safety) over time.
My wife hasn't taken the shot for those reasons exactly. I decided not to wait. I don't hold it against anybody for having apprehension about the shots or even for not taking them.

More than likely if worldwide we all had done nothing to slow the spread of this illness and carried on life as usual, a bunch of people would have died early on, it would have burned through the population fairly quickly and we would be long past this illness now. By extending the illness as we have, it has had time to go through multiple mutations and multiple waves. I know we all feel like masks and isolation would slow the spread, it also appears it slowed the resolution of this illness too. It appears with a virus there is no win/win. The virus wins in the end.

Chuckroast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Norman Dale said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Zerooreo said:

Norman Dale said:

Zerooreo said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Zerooreo said:

PartyBear said:

...and in the meantime forfeit games should this happen to a program that does not mandate the vaccine? There is alot more riding on this decision of a player on scholarship at a school and now perhaps even being paid in some way than just the players' choice. Does Aranda also tell them they do not need to participate in the nutrition and conditioning program and they can eat all their meals a Burger King now as well if that is what they choose to do with their body?
Yep, this whole thing could end very badly.......

Program has to forfeit 2-3 (or more) games due to this silliness
Program ends season at 3-9
Mack offers no refunds for games (product) not delivered to paying fans
Mack sticks to the company line "your money goes to the support of hundreds of student athlete"
Linda begs everyone to shine the light
Fans get pissed at program that had such a simple decision to make
Fans cancel donations and season tickets
Program spirals
Top coaching talent leaves
Mack reaches out to Coach Guy Morriss asking if he'd be interested in leading the Baylor football program again


Just require the vaccine to be on the team. Kids can still make their choice - team or self.

Which part of the factual concept that the vax won't prevent someone from testing positive in the future is the most difficult part for you to understand?

Scientifically supported and widely publicized by the media, 99% of the vaccinated do not test positive nor contract the virus or any of its known variants.

So I would bet on the 99% odds versus the 1%. Not too difficult IMO.
that is not accurate at all
Then prove me wrong with scientific reports and/or national media reports.

We are being told nationally that 99% of new cases are in the unvaccinated, and 99.7% of deaths are in the unvaccinated. Widely reported on all major outlets.

Quote:

What they're saying: The study found the Pfizer vaccine was only 42% effective against infection in July, when the Delta variant was dominant. "If that's not a wakeup call, I don't know what is," a senior Biden official told Axios.
Driving the news: The study, conducted by nference and the Mayo Clinic, compared the effectiveness of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines in the Mayo Clinic Health System over time from January to July.
  • Overall, it found that the Moderna vaccine was 86% effective against infection over the study period, and Pfizer's was 76%. Moderna's vaccine was 92% effective against hospitalization and Pfizer's was 85%.
  • But the vaccines' effectiveness against infection dropped sharply in July, when the Delta variant's prevalence in Minnesota had risen to over 70%.
  • Moderna was 76% effective against infection, and Pfizer was only 42% effective.
  • The study found similar results in other states. For example, in Florida, the risk of infection in July for people fully vaccinated with Moderna was about 60% lower than for people fully vaccinated with Pfizer.

The thing that upsets me about this study is I took both of the Pfizer shots. Now it looks like they aren't all that good at stopping Covid.


This is not directed at you in a negative way whatsoever FYIbut this is exactly why some are waitingto see the actual efficacy (and safety) over time.
My wife hasn't taken the shot for those reasons exactly. I decided not to wait. I don't hold it against anybody for having apprehension about the shots or even for not taking them.

More than likely if worldwide we all had done nothing to slow the spread of this illness and carried on life as usual, a bunch of people would have died early on, it would have burned through the population fairly quickly and we would be long past this illness now. By extending the illness as we have, it has had time to go through multiple mutations and multiple waves. I know we all feel like masks and isolation would slow the spread, it also appears it slowed the resolution of this illness too. It appears with a virus there is no win/win. The virus wins in the end.





I share your sentiments. I know that countries agonized over this very question when deciding whether to lock down or carry-on. I'm concerned that prolonging it the way we have may not have been the best decision in hindsight.
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Too much reputation in this thread.

It's time to move it over to R&P.
“Whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”
I Corinthians 10:31
Chamberman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Timbear said:

There will probably be more people die from the vaccine than there will be kids who die from Covid.
Thank you Dr. Timbear...please share with us where you got your medical degree.

Please try and state facts and not your wild ass guesses, which aren't supported by anything.
coldhardtruth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
historian said:

Too much reputation in this thread.

It's time to move it over to R&P.


This thread stopped being about Baylor football on page one. R&P should have been where this thread originated.
You best remember me my friend
I am the cold hard truth
-George Jones
TheTexan88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not a single person on these teams would be in danger of complications if they catch COVID. As much as I think it is best to get the vaccine, games should not be cancelled due to positive tests. Just the kids play ball.
D. C. Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheTexan88 said:

Not a single person on these teams would be in danger of complications if they catch COVID. As much as I think it is best to get the vaccine, games should not be cancelled due to positive tests. Just the kids play ball.


Not likely entirely true, particularly given staff members, but at some point you do have to get back to living.
TXBEAR_bf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is the first time I have seen any major US news source publish an article suggesting there have been adverse reactions to the vaccine.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/science/story/2021-08-17/severe-covid-vaccine-injuries-help-federal-vaccine-court%3f_amp=true
Norman Dale
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TXBEAR_bf said:

This is the first time I have seen any major US news source publish an article suggesting there have been adverse reactions to the vaccine.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/science/story/2021-08-17/severe-covid-vaccine-injuries-help-federal-vaccine-court%3f_amp=true


Extremely insightful - thank you for posting
clubhi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TXBEAR_bf said:

This is the first time I have seen any major US news source publish an article suggesting there have been adverse reactions to the vaccine.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/science/story/2021-08-17/severe-covid-vaccine-injuries-help-federal-vaccine-court%3f_amp=true
you should hear about how many people get rashes from toilet paper. we have to stop all this wiping
TXBEAR_bf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As soon as see any articles published on that topic I will be sure to post them.
SoTexBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Carlos Cruz said:

Bear Apologist said:

"Exactly. The FDA that still has not approved these therapies. Their use is authorized..."

Please re-read what you wrote.
And finish the statement. Emergency use authorization is not the same as FDA approved.


Who approves the emergency use? I've heard rumors it's the FDA.
BluesBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
D. C. Bear said:

LondonBear said:

You can infect others with other diseases as well....no one cried about the Flu deaths year after year....

Global Population is 7.9B

Total # of Covid Cases - 193M

Total # of Covid Deaths - 4.1M

% of people who get Covid - 193M / 7.9B = .024 or 2.4%

Total number of deaths who had covid - 4.1M / 193M = .021 or 2.1%

So you chance of dying if you get covid is .024 x .021 = .0005 or .05%

You are more likely to get in a car accident in Texas and experience a serious injury in that accident (256,797 injuries / 29.2M population) than Catch and Die from Covid......008%; In fact, you are more likely to die in a car accident in Texas 1.55% than catch and die from Covid...

You have to stop watching Main Street News and do you own research....Just recently reporting in the UK / Israel (the two more vaccinated countries in the world) that more than 70% of the people in the hospital had received BOTH shots....

You need to consider what exactly is being put in your body - when there is already proven, remedies to fight off catching the virus and treating it if you do indeed catch it.


You math makes some very bad assumptions:
The number of cases and deaths are (1) static and (2) accurately reported. They are not static as the virus is still here and still infecting more and more people. Global death totals are likely significantly higher than officially reported figures.

Just wondering. When you say "do your own research," does that involve more than creating percentages out of numbers of COVID cases and deaths that are grossly undercounted and adverse reactions to vaccines that are grossly over estimated?

Does "doing your own research" also involve misunderstanding the effectiveness of the vaccines in Israel?

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-644288348135

You say you should "do your own research," but what if, as happened in your case, you're just not any good at it?
Mike Vrabel, Jesse Jackson say Hi.
D. C. Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LondonBear said:

D. C. Bear said:

LondonBear said:

You can infect others with other diseases as well....no one cried about the Flu deaths year after year....

Global Population is 7.9B

Total # of Covid Cases - 193M

Total # of Covid Deaths - 4.1M

% of people who get Covid - 193M / 7.9B = .024 or 2.4%

Total number of deaths who had covid - 4.1M / 193M = .021 or 2.1%

So you chance of dying if you get covid is .024 x .021 = .0005 or .05%

You are more likely to get in a car accident in Texas and experience a serious injury in that accident (256,797 injuries / 29.2M population) than Catch and Die from Covid......008%; In fact, you are more likely to die in a car accident in Texas 1.55% than catch and die from Covid...

You have to stop watching Main Street News and do you own research....Just recently reporting in the UK / Israel (the two more vaccinated countries in the world) that more than 70% of the people in the hospital had received BOTH shots....

You need to consider what exactly is being put in your body - when there is already proven, remedies to fight off catching the virus and treating it if you do indeed catch it.


You math makes some very bad assumptions:
The number of cases and deaths are (1) static and (2) accurately reported. They are not static as the virus is still here and still infecting more and more people. Global death totals are likely significantly higher than officially reported figures.

Just wondering. When you say "do your own research," does that involve more than creating percentages out of numbers of COVID cases and deaths that are grossly undercounted and adverse reactions to vaccines that are grossly over estimated?

Does "doing your own research" also involve misunderstanding the effectiveness of the vaccines in Israel?

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-644288348135

You say you should "do your own research," but what if, as happened in your case, you're just not any good at it?
Mike Vrabel, Jesse Jackson say Hi.


And there you go demonstrating my point yet again. You say "do your own research," but you're just not any good at understanding how research actually works.
BluesBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey DC Bear....let's see how you are feeling in let's say 16-20 months. I'll wager $100 bucks you aren't all chipper in that time. Assuming you actually took the poison.
D. C. Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LondonBear said:

Hey DC Bear....let's see how you are feeling in let's say 16-20 months. I'll wager $100 bucks you aren't all chipper in that time. Assuming you actually took the poison.



So, in Dec. 2022 you owe me $100. You can pay for my membership here.
SoTexBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good news for all those saying they won't get a vaccine because it's not approved by the FDA. You can now get the Pfizer vaccine which has full FDA approval!
Amal Shuq-Up
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SoTexBear said:

Good news for all those saying they won't get a vaccine because it's not approved by the FDA. You can now get the Pfizer vaccine which has full FDA approval!
Good news to all of those who do not want to get it period. You can still not get it period.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.