Football
Sponsored by

The Big 12 has sent a "cease and desist" letter to ESPN

23,965 Views | 201 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by RedBear05
contrario
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So UT and OU already know they will make a boatload of money in the SEC. The other 8 schools don't know where they stand in potential realignment talks with respect to what they could bring to another conference. This toothless order keeps those 8 from determining where they stand and could potentially set them back a little in the negotiations for a potential landing spot when the B12 dissolves.
Sallred
He is referring to ESPN talking mainly to AAC about trying to get other B12 members to leave so the conference will disband & OU/UT will not have to pay.
Sallred
He is referring to ESPN talking mainly to AAC about trying to get other B12 members to leave so the conference will disband & OU/UT will not have to pay.
CTbruin
contrario said:

So UT and OU already know they will make a boatload of money in the SEC. The other 8 schools don't know where they stand in potential realignment talks with respect to what they could bring to another conference. This toothless order keeps those 8 from determining where they stand and could potentially set them back a little in the negotiations for a potential landing spot when the B12 dissolves.
You could not be more wrong.

The Big 12 has "hard evidence" that the cows, OU and ESPN conspired to dissolve the Big 12 to their benefit. This is a lawyers dream. Somebody blew the whistle and it will cost ESPN and the cows a bunch of money. Much more than the $80 million they will owe trying to leave before 2025.

Today's developments are HUGE!!
CTbruin
Sallred said:

Evidence is also out there that ESPN talking to the ACC and SEC. Very interesting.
OsoVerde
A lawsuit could force ESPN to guarantee money to the BIG12 since what they did threatened future revenues and violated their contract with the the BIG12. You could have something like the remaining BIG12 schools get 80% or some such figure on per school basis of whatever ESPN gives the SEC. this gives the remaining 8 schools lots of leverage and since nothing can go down until 2025, we have time for lawsuits.
boognish_bear
PartyBear
IowaBear said:

Explain please, I'm not exactly full of knowledge when it comes to legal issues

Explain what exactly? Why hopefully the school or schools involved in this latest allegation recorded these conversations and turned them into the XII?
BearFan33
I suppose Espn promised the aac a juicy tv contract if the pick up said b12 members

Of course no where near what they will pay the sec.
Aliceinbubbleland
oldbear69 said:

Watch out , our guys took down the tobacco industry..
I saw Corsicana Bear's reply and he is correct but you are too. The Lawyers got RICH! I hope the Big 12 lawyers get even more rich if they can wipe Herbstreits face off ESPN.
gobears20
Staff
BUbackerinET
gobears20 said:

Chuck is exactly right - we need a lawsuit with discovery and people under oath and documents acquired by subpoena.

ESPN ringleader, SEC a co-conspirator, UT, and OU also co-conspirators. It's a civil conspiracy and collusion. There is A LOT of money that can be made here. IMO, the B12 has a big hammer, and should take nothing less than the $150mm. They would get more in a lawsuit because of their intentional conduct. The ONLY negotiation should be how fast we can get them out, but NOT the money.
BERFAN
BUbackerinET said:

gobears20 said:

Chuck is exactly right - we need a lawsuit with discovery and people under oath and documents acquired by subpoena.

ESPN ringleader, SEC a co-conspirator, UT, and OU also co-conspirators. It's a civil conspiracy and collusion. There is A LOT of money that can be made here. IMO, the B12 has a big hammer, and should take nothing less than the $150mm. They would get more in a lawsuit because of their intentional conduct. The ONLY negotiation should be how fast we can get them out, but NOT the money.
What about the economic impact in each of the cities represented by each of the schools. Gonna have to be over a billion to make up for that loss.
Krieg
gobears20 said:

Big 12 May own ESPN after all of this

Tuesday night aggy and whorn games only!
bear2be2
PartyBear said:

IowaBear said:

I hope for the B12's sake Bowlsby and co get the absolute best of the best lawyers because ESPN/SEC are going to deny this to no end
The the XII school/s involved were hopefully recording these conversations and acted as full blown informants.
I saw an interesting conspiracy theory from a UCF fan on Twitter. He was wondering if it might have been one of the schools that potentially heading in the other direction (from the AAC to the Big 12) that tipped off the Bowlsby. I'm not sure I buy that, but stranger things have happened.
EatMoreSalmon
bear2be2 said:

PartyBear said:

IowaBear said:

I hope for the B12's sake Bowlsby and co get the absolute best of the best lawyers because ESPN/SEC are going to deny this to no end
The the XII school/s involved were hopefully recording these conversations and acted as full blown informants.
I saw an interesting conspiracy theory from a UCF fan on Twitter. He was wondering if it might have been one of the schools that potentially heading in the other direction (from the AAC to the Big 12) that tipped off the Bowlsby. I'm not sure I buy that, but stranger things have happened.
I'm going with the idea it was an eggy!
GruntTuff
Google Pennzoil v Texaco. Tortious interference can be devastating. Hire Nix Patterson or Umphrey's law firm or some other big time plaintiff's firm in West Virginia. Get venue in West Virginia and file in a good plaintiffs friendly federal court there. Don't file in Texas. We don't want to go the the 5th Circuit on appeal.

If the facts justify, this could be more fun than 61-58.

Abner McCall must be rolling over in his grave and laughing out loud.

Horns Down!
chukronos
ESPN are the dirtbags we've always known they are.
Krieg
BearFan33 said:

I suppose Espn promised the aac a juicy tv contract if the pick up said b12 members

Of course no where near what they will pay the sec.

Or what they pay the Big 12 now.

It might also crater at expiration when they're merely paying for the product instead paying to get the SEC deal done.
canoso
CTbruin said:

contrario said:

You could not be more wrong.

The Big 12 has "hard evidence" that the cows, OU and ESPN conspired to dissolve the Big 12 to their benefit. This is a lawyers dream. Somebody blew the whistle and it will cost ESPN and the cows a bunch of money. Much more than the $80 million they will owe trying to leave before 2025.

Today's developments are HUGE!!
And they work on many levels. The motivation for the remaining 8 schools to close ranks and preserve the Big Whatever It Turns Out To Be is mounting, and that's nothing but good.
Ewalker80
The evil forces were counting on the remaining eight to be selfish cowards and break ranks like they would faced with a similar prisoner's dilemma. If the eight stay strong and stay together it will benefit them and foil the evil plot.
Ewalker80
Three-vil alliance. Ou Texas ESPN.
PartyBear
bear2be2 said:

PartyBear said:

IowaBear said:

The XII adding teams wouldn't be destroying the conf and helping Texas and OU out of the GOR. It would also seem the AAC would have the suit if it was ESPN recruiting members to seek XII membership.
Krieg
PartyBear said:

bear2be2 said:

PartyBear said:

IowaBear said:

The XII adding teams wouldn't be destroying the conf and helping Texas and OU out of the GOR. It would also seem the AAC would have the suit if it was ESPN recruiting members to seek XII membership.

UCF would be heading here and trying to help the Big 12 by telling us what ESPN was doing by trying to give the AAC a raise to help kill our conference.

Assuming all of that is true.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear

There ain't no way to hold them back until 2025, but it would be hilarious if we could. They would be so miserable and salty.
bear2be2
PartyBear said:

bear2be2 said:

PartyBear said:

IowaBear said:

That wasn't what he was trying to say. He was suggesting a team being invited from the AAC tipped off the Big 12 to ESPN's plan.

It's unlikely, but an interesting idea nonetheless.
Aliceinbubbleland
Nevermind. Fake news.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Is this guy a real reporter?
Aliceinbubbleland
It's being now reported this was fake.
BylrFan
boognish_bear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

always check follower count and no. blue check mark a step above too
boognish_bear
BylrFan said:

boognish_bear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

always check follower count and no. blue check mark a step above too

Yep. All kinds of stuff being thrown out by unverified accounts

Bear8084

Now that's funny.
CaliByWayOfKS
Very familiar with the family in that legal case too... their lawyer was a Jamail.

Would love to see ESPN/UT get taken to the woodshed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.