Story Poster
Baylor Football

GameDay Thread: Baylor (5-1) welcomes No. 19 BYU (5-1) to McLane Stadium

October 15, 2021

Depth Chart | Class Scholarship Breakdown | Schedule | Big 12 Standings | Roster

Baylor (5-1) looks to stay on track and earn bowl eligibility against No. 19-ranked BYU (5-1) at McLane Stadium on Saturday afternoon in a Homecoming game. 

Quote of the week...

Dave Aranda: “For us like to have a great Monday and for us to have really intentional meetings, when we're out in practice today and we're on the left hash and we're gonna take the drill and go to the right hash, we need to jog and run to that. I'm gonna be... my day is going to be really kind of are we running to this, right? Are we looking to get the most out of today? Or are we looking just to kind of go through the motions because we had a W on Saturday as opposed to an L the week before? I see this week is really being central that way. In terms of how we do what we do.”

Craig Smoak’s Players to Watch 

Baylor — Wide Receiver Drew Estrada 

Estrada cracked the starting lineup for the first time as a Bear last week against West Virginia, and the past couple of games have shown why he was such a highly thought of transfer addition. Now healthier, Estrada is squarely in the mix and has caught ten passes for 178 yards in the past two weeks while also showing his strength as a blocker. It's only a matter of time until he finds the endzone for his first touchdown in green and gold. 

BYU — Quarterback Jaren Hall 

Hall made his return to the lineup last week after missing the previous two contests with bruised ribs and proceeded to surpass the 300-yard passing mark for the first time in his career. Unfortunately, BYU's backs lost three fumbles (one on special teams), the offense failed twice on fourth down, they struggled in the rain, and Hall was picked off on 3rd and 20 in BSU territory to seal the deal. He's a capable passer but still young in his experience and development. The sophomore is also a threat running the ball, although the injury seemed to sideline that aspect of his game last week. 

Pregame Show | Saturday, 12:30 p.m. CT

Discussion from...

GameDay Thread: Baylor (5-1) welcomes No. 19 BYU (5-1) to McLane Stadium

29,863 Views | 430 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bear2be2
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ESPN+????
MrGolfguy
Just win Bears!
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
vanillabryce
ESPN the uno
Jack Bauer
RG3 commentating again.
jdkingbear
We agree, MrGolfGuy. Predicted scores are offered aplenty. I would love a blow out by the Bears, but all you really need is one point more than the other guy. Just win Bears!
jdkingbear
IowaBear
It's Gameday. Top 25 opponent rolling to town on HC. Should be hopefully a great crowd. Forecast looks gorgeous time to get that 6th win boys!
ImABearToo
Game faces on Bears! Quick start on offense and then stop the Mormons from a first possession TD drive. We got this!!!
Big_Pumpin
Who still needs to poop?
Big_Pumpin
3 of 4 game day pick BU!

Desmond went with BYU
Jorkel
Time to whoop that Mormon cougar tail.
RedBear05
Big_Pumpin said:

3 of 4 game day pick BU!

Desmond went with BYU
Yeah, the Gameday crew was pretty complementary of Baylor earlier in the show when they first mentioned todays game. Said lots of people sleeping on Baylor that has a balanced offense with real weapons at the skill positions and of course a good defense because of Aranda. Just an opinion but I like hearing complements of Da Bears! Sic'em!

GruntTuff
Question about streaming the game. We're in Europe. Any thoughts or ideas how I might stream the game?I pay for the ESPN+ streaming service.

Feel The Floyd
BYU fan base at McClane early.
JumboShrimper
Lots of blue here. Hope that's not a sign of a take over.
sahen
Positive Bear said:

Lots of blue here. Hope that's not a sign of a take over.

I know we are a late arriving crowd but it doesn't look good. I am in 324 and this section is like 70% blue and filling in fast with more blue. Saw a lot in Ferrell Center parking lot as well. Can't imagine why a season ticket holder wouldn't come to this one but looks like a lot sold their tickets. The upper bowl may end up being 70% BYU fans....
FWBear91
Great to see RG3 running on the field! Suit him up!
mdanderson
Game on espn news right now
DanaDane
D looks good for both teams on the first series for each.
Jack Bauer
Cincinnati wins 56-21. They are for real.
vanillabryce
Need to go get a score
vanillabryce
What a grab!!!
whitetrash
Meaningless tidbit: The last time these two teams met Baylor was wearing Kelly green and metallic gold, and BYU was wearing royal blue.
DanaDane
Wow. Bohanon's pass is spot on and Sims makes a great catch between 2 defenders.
DanaDane
WT - you are at the game. On TV looks like BLUE fills up almost 1/3 of the stadium. What does it look like there?
DanaDane
SNEED!!!!!!!
jdrs
What a catch!
Jack Bauer
What a catch!!
jdrs
Enjoying this drive more than our first drive.
IowaBear
Nice drive but sure looked like we were playing for the FG again. Don't get running on 3rd n 8
Big_Pumpin
What the heck was that play?
jdrs
Oh wow, going for it
whitetrash
DanaDane said:

WT - you are at the game. On TV looks like BLUE fills up almost 1/3 of the stadium. What does it look like there?

100 level: 2 sections in the open corner, and about 1/2 of one in the horseshoe

200 level: 1 section in open corner, very little elsewhere.

300 level: 3 sections in open corner, 5-6 sections in the horseshoe.

I would put it on a level with OU or UT in a good year, maybe 7500 or so.

And damned if GB throws his first pick.
DanaDane
Not really sure what we were doing there on 1st and goal. Several bad plays and then Bohanon gets picked off for the 1st time.
jdrs
Well that didn't end well.
Jack Bauer
Well there's the first INT - bad pass

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.