Football
Sponsored by

Gary Patterson Has No Plans to Make a Change, but TCU Should

5,909 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Redbrickbear
DanaDane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The only game they have a shot at winning in that list is KU, and they've historically struggled against KU. So beating us would get them to 5 wins, although they're not gonna beat ISU, OSU, KSU or us. They will get nowhere close to bowl eligibility.
Stefano DiMera
Neal Brown officially becomes Patterson's daddy..moves to 3-0 against that clown.
Robert Wilson
DanaDane said:

The only game they have a shot at winning in that list is KU, and they've historically struggled against KU. So beating us would get them to 5 wins, although they're not gonna beat ISU, OSU, KSU or us. They will get nowhere close to bowl eligibility.

The only game they will be favored is Kansas. I would give them a shot at Kansas State and hosting us. But yeah they could go 4-8.
SoonerFrogs
Stefano DiMera said:

Neal Brown officially becomes Patterson's daddy..moves to 3-0 against that clown.

Get in line. Lincoln Riley is his daddy.
vanillabryce
So fun watching him lose. I don't feel that way about almost any other coach.

I wonder who he's going to blame this time
Stefano DiMera
Home crowd my guess..
bear2be2
gobears20 said:

TCU needs to be careful or they might end up like Tech. What number of Coach are they on?
Check out the standings. They're already like Tech.
bear2be2
DanaDane said:

Chalk up yet another loss for Patterson AT HOME by DOUBLE DIGITS to an AWFUL WVU squad which had ZERO conference wins. Frogs well on their way to finishing in 8th or 9th place. Yet we will still have fans and media who think he's still great in 2021 because of that big Poinsettia Bowl victory over Northern Illinois in 2006.

In fairness (to West Virginia, not TCU), the Mountaineers have only looked awful against us. All of their other losses were 50-50 games.
Stefano DiMera
Watching Tech try to attain bowl eligibility starting this week is going to be highly amusing.
bear2be2
IowaBear said:

Which means will get their A+ game. However, they'll be3-5 after next week. Hopefully that'll break TCU's spirit for the year
If we can't beat TCU, in Fort Worth or anywhere else, we've got a problem. This is the worst Horned Frog team in a long, long time.

That 4-8 squad in 2013 would wipe the floor with this one.
vanillabryce
300 yards rushing or bust
Big12Bear
West Virginia is now my 2nd favorite team for the rest of the year.

They get OSU, ISU and Texas all in Morgantown. They're capable of tripping someone up out there.
gobears20
Staff
bear2be2
gobears20 said:

I can't stand Gary Patterson and agree that his program is stagnating, but "played in one bowl game" is deceiving. They earned a bowl game last year but it got canceled due to COVID.
Redbrickbear
PartyBear said:

His record is better than that over all since joining the conf. Something like 72-47 as a XII HC. The w-l record mentioned earlier is just his literal XII record. I don't know that they necessarily revert back when he is gone, KSU hasn't post Snyder. But a lot of folks here don't understand how bad TCU was for close to 4 decades prior to Patterson.

Yep,

Kansas/Vanderbilt levels bad.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.