Football
Sponsored by

NEWS Bob Bowlsby Says Texas, Oklahoma Departure 'Personal Betrayal': Report

4,884 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Redbrickbear
Alf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
roygbell said:

You, good Baylor folks, hate OU and Texas and I understand why, as do most conference fans. You wonder why OU and Texas are leaving the conference and the reason is money. OU and Texas are leaving the Big 12 because they want to be in a conference that will give them the best opportunity to be in a stable conference and going to take their sports programs to the SEC. The SEC will guarantee OU and Texas some stability and better payoff in share of SEC earnings.

The SEC wants OU and Texas because they also want teams that are going to carry their own load and contribute to the money coffers.

And the reason the SEC is after OU and Texas is that they add butts in the front of TV, etc.

OU and Texas have led the Big 12 for the whole time the Big 12 has been in existence and here is why this is. Here is the 2019 Viewership "Big" Network Televised Games - Total Viewership for the Year

OU - 46.9 million, 11 games
Tx - 31.4 million, 9 games
OSU - 13 million, 6 games
ISU - 10 million, 9 games
KSU - 10 million, 8 games
KU - 4.6 million, 5 games
WVU - 13.3 million, 10 games
TCU - 10 million, 9 games
Baylor - 15.1 million, 9 games
TTech - 11 million, 10 games

I will guarantee if Baylor was bringing in 46.9 million into the conference and you had a shot at moving into a conference, you would do it as well.

Fact: OU and Texas bring to the conference almost as much as the total of the other eight schools. OU and Texas brought in 78.3 million while the other eight schools brought a total of 87 million. Texas and OU averaged $39.2 million while the rest of the eight schools on average brought in 10,8 million in 2019.

OU and Texas in 2019 on average brought roughly four times as the other eight teams.

It is easy to see why OU and Texas are bolting the Big 12. As an OU fan, I am not a fan of the SEC. However, we are going to see massive changes in college football with these Super Conferences. OU has been a partner with most of the Big 12 teams going back to and before the 1940s. OSU, KU, K-State, Iowa State and then the other schools, Baylor, Texas Tech and lately TCU. I would rather be in the Big 12 as I much prefer the other eight conference teams. Unfortunately, losing Nebraska, Missouri, Colorado, and A&M is the reason we are here today looking at the decimation of the Big 12.

It is unfortunate that is happening. What is going to happen to the Big 12 is that you will pick up four schools that will be in the $10 to $15 million dollars in annual to the conference. and instead of $165.3 million split by 10 schools, it will be something like $135 million divided by 12 which is roughly about $11.25 million instead of something like $16 million. Meanwhile, OU and Texas will likely be earning something from $40 to $60 million from the SEC.

Wait, stop the presses! Your saying it's about money? That's a take that no one ever considered.
File that under "no sheet Sherlock"
SMack
roygbell said:

You, good Baylor folks, hate OU and Texas and I understand why, as do most conference fans. You wonder why OU and Texas are leaving the conference and the reason is money. OU and Texas are leaving the Big 12 because they want to be in a conference that will give them the best opportunity to be in a stable conference and going to take their sports programs to the SEC. The SEC will guarantee OU and Texas some stability and better payoff in share of SEC earnings.

The SEC wants OU and Texas because they also want teams that are going to carry their own load and contribute to the money coffers.

And the reason the SEC is after OU and Texas is that they add butts in the front of TV, etc.

OU and Texas have led the Big 12 for the whole time the Big 12 has been in existence and here is why this is. Here is the 2019 Viewership "Big" Network Televised Games - Total Viewership for the Year...blah blah blah...and instead of $165.3 million split by 10 schools, it will be something like $135 million divided by 12 which is roughly about $11.25 million instead of something like $16 million. Meanwhile, OU and Texas will likely be earning something from $40 to $60 million from the SEC.

Are these taxpayer-funded institutions acting in the best interest of their citizens by changing conferences?

I don't know about Oklahoma, but I am certain that UT's action is contrary to the interests of Texans, just as A&M's move was bad for the state.

Further, if they are receiving additional funding from the Southeastern Conference, there is obviously less need for support from the taxpayers.

It's time to defund UT and A&M.
RegentCoverup
roygbell said:

And they also want teams that they can steamroll to keep their playoff scheme viable.

Hey, someone has gotta be cannon fodder.

Also, the reason isn't money, it's ego and poor management, but I'm happy to see both teams go.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
Redbrickbear
SMack said:

He feels personally betrayed because he was their loyal shill for nine years.

He promoted the interests of OU and UT, not the conference, now he still claims to represent the conference. I have my doubts.

Bingo
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.