Football
Sponsored by

Which fan base annoys you the most?

4,401 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Baylorbear88
Oldgrizzly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Iowa State is up there because their intense hatred of us is a head scratcher. Fatterson is the issue for TCU, not the fan base. I'll have to go with the UT fan base. Is there a larger group of entitled "*****s"? I don't think so.
CST Bear
Ohio State. Trash.
CTbruin
cows……hands down

It's beneath then to have to come to Baylor
Adriacus Peratuun
Within B12:

Tech Baseball fans are horrid
Texas volleyball & WBB fan base is BY FAR the worst in all women's sports
across all B12 sports, ISU is the worst. Simply obnoxious ***holes who think that they are good people

Outside the B12:

Colorado students
Ohio St. t-shirt fans
Bama students, alumni & t-shirt fans
Cal the entire city/region
Northeastern Univ. in its entirety
GardenG
As an Iowa State alum and supporter, I'm sorry to hear that, Oldgrizzly. Personally, my Cyclone friends and family enjoy the Baylor games and are happy we're both in the same conference! I hope the poor sportsmanship you've seen is from a small minority of supporters -- who get weeded out with better examples!
An Oldcyclone
Robert Wilson
GardenG said:

As an Iowa State alum and supporter, I'm sorry to hear that, Oldgrizzly. Personally, my Cyclone friends and family enjoy the Baylor games and are happy we're both in the same conference! I hope the poor sportsmanship you've seen is from a small minority of supporters -- who get weeded out with better examples!
An Oldcyclone
If you read the ISU message boards, they hate Baylor at a puzzling rate.

To answer the original question, has to be UT. Entitlement, baseless ego - will be glad to see them go.
Jayman1963
The clear cut and easy answer is UT

A close second is OU - they act like their program is God's gift to college football. But in reality, if the state of Oklahoma was not contiguous to Texas, where around half their roster comes from, they'd be a no-name program. Haven't won a national championship in 21 years and it was 15 years prior to that.

Third, would have to be Aggy. The cult-like attitude of their fan base is annoying and frankly a little scary.
RedBear05
I went to the Minnesota vs Ohio St. game this year (have family that live outside Minneapolis) and was surprised at how normal and friendly the Ohio St. fans were. I talked with several of them at the game and was even sitting in front of a few. They, along with the Minnesota fans, were saying its really Michigan fans were the most obnoxious in Big10 territory.

At the end of the day I think every fan based has their good and bad. UT is by far the exception to that rule. I've only met one or two UT fans that I'd even consider normal or knowledgeable people when the subject of football came up.

Aggies, thank God we don't have to deal with them anymore, are like tequila shots. One or two by themselves is ok. Put 4 or more together and things will get ******ed.
MrGolfguy
Ditto on the UT entitled d'bags - unmatched for decades. Oklahoma fans are also terrible, bringing trashy, inbred stupidity to new heights. In basketball it's KU fans - a special kind of arrogant a-holes. Tech fans are also nothing to write home about but their whole school is so irrelevant it doesn't really matter.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
FeralBear
In "The Athletic" comments section - Ohio State fans

Social media and real life colleagues - Texas and their t-shirt whorn fans
Aliceinbubbleland
GGardenG, great post. A lot of fans form our opinions from message boards and social media which in no way represents the base like you. Spread the word. We aren't as bad as fans from other places would like you to believe.

You sound like a rock solid fan.
Bears2Cane
The only appropriate answer is Texas A&M.
Alf
Bears2Canes said:

I'll second that. It has been great not having those *******s come to Waco every other year.
guadalupeoso
Bears2Canes said:

Yea, it's aggie's for me and it's not even close.
guadalupeoso
RedBear05 said:

I went to the Minnesota vs Ohio St. game this year (have family that live outside Minneapolis) and was surprised at how normal and friendly the Ohio St. fans were. I talked with several of them at the game and was even sitting in front of a few. They, along with the Minnesota fans, were saying its really Michigan fans were the most obnoxious in Big10 territory.

At the end of the day I think every fan based has their good and bad. UT is by far the exception to that rule. I've only met one or two UT fans that I'd even consider normal or knowledgeable people when the subject of football came up.

Aggies, thank God we don't have to deal with them anymore, are like tequila shots. One or two by themselves is ok. Put 4 or more together and things will get ******ed.
Fans that travel to away games are usually pretty good fans because they are actually invested in the school and the team, not just t-shirt fans who only root for a team in a lowest-common denominator sort of way.
CorsicanaBear
Aggies are tolerable and at times enjoyable people to be around as individuals or couples. In groups of 3 or more they morph into intolerable a-holes. Never fails. They hear somebody whoop and it activates their lizard brains.
baylor1984
Iowa State - they way they act you would think they are a blueblood and this is a team that has never won 10 games in a season in it's entire history. Also hear more rape crap out of them than any fan base.

Tech

TCU

Those are my top 3
HarryMehre
I agree with Colorado students. Worst student section I have ever seen.

Big 12: Texas Tech. I don't know what happened to them around 2000, but they got bad. OU and Texas are just obnoxious.

SEC: LSU and Florida. LSU can be fun. Florida's fans are never fun. Tie between Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Auburn, and Arkansas for 3rd place. The Aggies are just in their own strange category. Almost unworldly.

Big 10: I have heard bad things about Ohio State, but haven't had any real interaction with them.

ACC: Miami. Miami. Did I mention Miami? Louisville a distant second.

Others: Central Florida- Gator Lite.
BellCountyBear
Good lord, if you have to even ask the question, you have no idea what it means to be a Baylor Bear for more than 10 years.

It's aggy...not even close
whitetrash
CorsicanaBear said:

Aggies are tolerable and at times enjoyable people to be around as individuals or couples. In groups of 3 or more they morph into intolerable a-holes. Never fails. They hear somebody whoop and it activates their lizard brains.

A cousin of mine and ardent bear described them as this:

"One on one they can be fairly nice; might be a co-worker, member of your Sunday School class, sit across from you at Rotary. But once you get 2 or 3 or more together they turn into a raving pack of heathens."
Robert Wilson
I did not mention the Gomers. They are the worst, but I now consider them irrelevant since we do not run into them.

I look forward to similarly forgetting about Ut Austin campus.
ImABearToo
Ut-erus without question. I hear them say "everyone looks to our game on their schedule!" They think in their small brain it's because they are great at all sports when in fact, everyone wants to beat them cause they never shut up about their self imposed greatness. Aggies, we'll they are right up there but I get along with most, probably cause we don't play them anymore. OU fans were a-holes walking out of McLane after the '19 game. So there's that
Oldgrizzly
baylor1984 said:

Iowa State - they way they act you would think they are a blueblood and this is a team that has never won 10 games in a season in it's entire history. Also hear more rape crap out of them than any fan base.

Tech

TCU

Those are my top 3

Iowa State fans amuse me more than annoy me. They get so ballistic on their fan sites. They bring up rape more than any other group and I really am perplexed by the hatred.

If Patterson wasn't at TCU I really don't think we would have a nasty rivalry with TCU fans. It would be a friendly rivalry like it was before Paterson.

Texas Tech might be almost as annoying as UT because they act like the bratty brother who wants to be among the elite, but deep down knows he can't compete.
UT on the other hand is so annoying because with their high academic standards you would expect a higher class fan base, but nothing could be further from the truth. Good riddance to UT.
DanaDane
Iowa St.

No one else in the Big 12 even close.

At least OU, UT and a couple others have achieved things for their obnoxious fan bases to crow about.

Iowa St's fan base is just obnoxious and has no basis for it.
vanillabryce
Iowa State, Aggies, TCU, and Texas.

I interviewed during my MBA, and one guy saw I went to Baylor and said, "That's too bad. I went to THE university." I looked at him with a look of inquisitiveness. He goes, "The University of Texas, you know." I said, "Yeah, I get it. Texas was more like a safety school for me." He was not impressed and I didn't get the internship.
Stefano DiMera
If it's current it's Iowa State and TCU...and the players are the same ...who's the only 2 teams we've had bench clearing brawls with the last 5 years?

But historically it will always be the idiots at Not Quite A College Station.
jdrs
Can't believe how many responses I read before I got to the correct answer: Aggies!
Either y'all are young and don't remember playing them every year or y'all are old and your memory is starting to go since we don't play them every year!
McCavebear
Aggy-the worst. They even started a riot inWaco in the 1920s. Homecoming. The aggy instigator died from his injuries. Talked to an UGA grad after aggy went sec. He just shook his head- couldn't believe how bad the aggy hun was. I said, " They're your problem now!"
McCavebear Lives!
Jorkel
RedBear05 said:

Michigan/Michigan state fans are worse than Ohio state fans by a long shot.
vanillabryce
Outside of B12 / TX…

Florida fans are pretty obnoxious. LSU fans are from my perspective sub-human… ok maybe too far. Ohio State alumni are fan, t shirt fans are meh.
JustWinBears
Ours… sometimes lol. I can deal with smoke coming from other fans as they likely don't really know what they are talking about when it comes to Baylor. But fans know better and when they say dumb stuff it's because they choose to be ignorant not because they actually are ignorant of the situations.

Jorkel
JustWinBears said:

Ours… sometimes lol. I can deal with smoke coming from other fans as they likely don't really know what they are talking about when it comes to Baylor. But fans know better and when they say dumb stuff it's because they choose to be ignorant not because they actually are ignorant of the situations.

All fan bases are probably super annoying or hated by another. Baylor isn't excluded from that.
BUGWBBear
aggy-They declare loyalty to a flea-bitten mutt.

Second is Arky. They throw shyte at you.
BUmoneymaker
Typing aggies makes me want to vomit but thats the right answer. Fck em. Sorry (not sorry)

Sec grass loving milkmen cheerleader dbags

"I hope" -Red

"Apply yourself" -W.White

"Guys, who is Keyser Soze?" - K. Soze

"Tea. Earl Grey. Hot." -J.L. Picard
92HankBear
#1 Aggy- definitely. As a Baylor grad from the old SWC days, is there any other answer?
#2 UTjr aka University of Tn Knoxville. They are almost as obnoxious as Aggy and the fanbase is a lot like WVA, oof.Deliverance with a side of cult.
#3 UT- Longhorns are entitled without anything to be proud of and its annoying as hell.
#4 UF. Before coming to Baylor, I grew up in Fl as a Noles fan (forgive me- we are going back 40 years here). UF was ALWAYS the crazy low class little bro to the other programs in FL, and I HATE the swamp.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.