Football
Sponsored by

Which fan base annoys you the most?

4,431 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Baylorbear88
Osouno
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Iowa St.

TCU

TEXAS

Texas A&M
Crap in the woods bear
whitetrash said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Aggies are tolerable and at times enjoyable people to be around as individuals or couples. In groups of 3 or more they morph into intolerable a-holes. Never fails. They hear somebody whoop and it activates their lizard brains.

A cousin of mine and ardent bear described them as this:

"One on one they can be fairly nice; might be a co-worker, member of your Sunday School class, sit across from you at Rotary. But once you get 2 or 3 or more together they turn into a raving pack of heathens."

YEEEEEEHHHHAAAAWWW!!!!

Oh wait. I'm alone here. Howdy y'all.
JustWinBears
Jorkel said:

JustWinBears said:

Ours… sometimes lol. I can deal with smoke coming from other fans as they likely don't really know what they are talking about when it comes to Baylor. But fans know better and when they say dumb stuff it's because they choose to be ignorant not because they actually are ignorant of the situations.

All fan bases are probably super annoying or hated by another. Baylor isn't excluded from that.

Lol for sure. But honestly if I had to say for real I'd probably say Texas fans.

OU fans - The team actually has been productive and so at least they have ground to stand on.
UT fan - The team has massively underperformed and even if they beat us they really have no ground to stand on to act superior. With having top 10 recruiting every year they should be dominating, but every year they are beatable.

All other teams fans just annoy me when they result to talking about scandals when this school and team has been flipped inside out and had no connection to those situations anymore. It's a low intelligence argument that adds nothing to what makes sports fun. Discourse should be fun when it comes to sports and focus on the here and now, otherwise why watch current sports, just go back and watch replays of the history you're trying to bring up.
BikerBear
Texas Bite
Texas Bite
Texas jump up and bite my A$$!

I hate yew tee with a white hot passion, their players, their coaches, and especially their fans!
Hairy Bear
Texas Aggies, easy choice…
Oso del lago
The correct answer is always aggy. The current psycho fanbase is ISU who somehow thinks they turned into 1990s Nebraska. Future, we are ALL going to despise Houston fans. They are going to "@#$& yo couch Big XII."
Crap in the woods bear
Hairy Bear said:

That's hurtful
Oso del lago
Crap in the woods bear said:

Hairy Bear said:

That's hurtful

Bring two of your friends in here. I've got the under 77 posts
Before y'all do the Jolly dance.
Surf Oso
been going to games since 1977, so I've seen a lot and will address schools around us:

1. aggy! 1x1, an aggy is a pretty good guy. Got >1 aggy in a room? insufferable
2. TCU fans. Even when not attending a game, they're like a poor man's SMU: smug but with a chip on their shoulders. Even when they are 50yrs old, most are still frat ******s
3. Tech fans. In the old days, they were okay. Just regular, salt of the earth West Texas folks. Today? A bunch of punk-asses
4. KU basketball fans (do they have fans in other sports?). Egotistical when they win, demeaning when they lose.
5. Texas: their T-shirt fans. I live in West Austin and married to a longhorn. The folks who actually went there? Bless their hearts, they're like Thurston Howell, III. It's their world and they can't live in anyone else's. The t-shirt fans are the bad fans.
6. ISU= when you meet them, really nice, but their on-line masses are a bunch of foul-mouthed hayseeds with 80 IQ points and 4 teeth between them all.
7. SMU fans. Back in 1980-- wow! talk about rich *******s. They were it. Let's hope they don't back to that.
8. Houston. Sure, they only pull 10K to a game, but when that run & shoot was hitting on all cylinders, their few fans weren't always pleasant.
9. Sooner-- jury is still out on them for me. Overall, I really haven't had bad interactions with them or really noticed them much. However, I can see what others on here are seeing
10. Okie Lite and KSU= pretty much decent fans. Not much to complain about. I haven't been to KSU, but I've heard they host well

Lately, newspaper mentioned cheap airfare
I've got to fly to Saint Somewhere
I'm close to bodily harm
Surf Oso
Big-O!-Bear said:

The correct answer is always aggy. The current psycho fanbase is ISU who somehow thinks they turned into 1990s Nebraska. Future, we are ALL going to despise Houston fans. They are going to "@#$& yo couch Big XII."
Difference between NU and ISU? NU won a few national championships. ISU can't even win the Iowa championship.
Lately, newspaper mentioned cheap airfare
I've got to fly to Saint Somewhere
I'm close to bodily harm
Oso del lago
Surf Oso said:

Big-O!-Bear said:

Difference between NU and ISU? NU won a few national championships. ISU can't even win the Iowa championship.

Exactly
Johnny Bear
If we're talking about fanbases we currently still directly deal with, then it's the whorns for sure. If we're talking historically, then it's the aggys for sure with a "dishonorable mention" also going to arky fans.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Robert Wilson said:

GardenG said:

As an Iowa State alum and supporter, I'm sorry to hear that, Oldgrizzly. Personally, my Cyclone friends and family enjoy the Baylor games and are happy we're both in the same conference! I hope the poor sportsmanship you've seen is from a small minority of supporters -- who get weeded out with better examples!
An Oldcyclone
If you read the ISU message boards, they hate Baylor at a puzzling rate.

To answer the original question, has to be UT. Entitlement, baseless ego - will be glad to see them go.
If you read any message board, you're going to get a skewed sample of irrational, passionate bordering on weird fanbase.

The majority of every school's or program's fanbase is perfectly fine. It's how bad the particular a-holes are of each fanbase that turns this into a debate.
FLBear5630
RedBear05 said:

I went to the Minnesota vs Ohio St. game this year (have family that live outside Minneapolis) and was surprised at how normal and friendly the Ohio St. fans were. I talked with several of them at the game and was even sitting in front of a few. They, along with the Minnesota fans, were saying its really Michigan fans were the most obnoxious in Big10 territory.

At the end of the day I think every fan based has their good and bad. UT is by far the exception to that rule. I've only met one or two UT fans that I'd even consider normal or knowledgeable people when the subject of football came up.

Aggies, thank God we don't have to deal with them anymore, are like tequila shots. One or two by themselves is ok. Put 4 or more together and things will get ******ed.
Of course, UT. Fan. Basically, ND fan in level of entitlement, without the religion...

1980-90 Miami fans at the old Orange Bowl. They would shake your car and it was not in the nicest area. Did not like going there. They were overall the worst fans to go and see a game. They liked the "Escape from New York" look and setting fires.

Ohio St fans, especially at the horseshoe. If you get them one on one, they are knowledgeable and OK. In groups, they have this cultish thing, similar to Aggie!

Michigan St - I always had bad experiences with Michigan St fans, very pugilistic. Yeah, start fights of ref calls or perceived missed calls. Love saying stuff, but if you reply you are in a fight. You would be sitting there saying you really want to fight over a missed clip or calling MSU a junior college? Some 40 year old would, say yeah. No fun there...

There were only two stadiums my Dad and I were told NOT to go by coaches as opposing fans, OSU and Mich St. I would throw in Miami on the 80's and 90's, but that atmosphere has changed.

Best fans, Wisconsin couldn't go 5 feet without someone giving me a beer and a brat.
Penn State was very good.
I had a good experience at OU, sorry to say.
Robert Wilson
I will echo, I've been to some games in Norman and was always treated very well. Knowledgeable fans, complimentary about our team, happy to give you some food and drink.

Same experience when traveling to Kansas state.

Texas tech was that way back in the 80s, but I would not describe it that way now. Their old-school fans are still that way, but too many of their new fans are punks.

TCU fans are rude as hell, all 28 of them.

I've never been to Stillwater or Ames.
Golden Helmet
Baylor's

For a variety of reasons.
Aliceinbubbleland
I vote aggy but I laugh at TT. I don't know why they don't just change their colors to Orange and White and change their guns up to horns. They try harder then any fan base to emulate UT fans.

That said I wonder if KSU is sober. They had TT stopped on the goal line and someone called timeout which negated the stop on 3rd down and handed TT a TD.

So far KSU is reminding me of Steeles' teams incompetence.
FLBear5630
Golden Helmet said:

Baylor's

For a variety of reasons.

I can see that. Typical fans must be annoying to those of you who really know...
BearTruth13
I'll preface and say some of my best friends are Aggies. As mentioned, one on one they are great. In a group, they are easily the worst and most obnoxious fanbase I'm regularly exposed to. Next to no real history of dominance and they act like they are Bama.

I don't really care about UT fans. The ones I know tend to be the least serious football fans around. Basically beaten down over the past 12 years. I love beating them though.
Pecos 45
No contest.
Texas A&M

Anything stupid and meaningless they call a "tradition."

I absolutely despise them.
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
JumboShrimper
The sheeple from colleyville. They're arrogant for no reason.
beardoc
Tech, but then I live in Lubbock. Cannot wait for Sunday School tomorrow at FBC Lubbock.
RegentCoverup
Robert Wilson said:

I will echo, I've been to some games in Norman and was always treated very well. Knowledgeable fans, complimentary about our team, happy to give you some food and drink.

Until you beat them. Then you will see the true character

My perspective of their fan base is pretty low, I won't say they are the worst, but they are on par with sand Aggy.

This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
RegentCoverup
Positive Bear said:

The sheeple from colleyville. They're arrogant for no reason.
I see we've found someone on the schedule LOL
JumboShrimper
I thank the lord that aggy is no longer on the schedule.
Robert Wilson
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Robert Wilson said:

My perspective of their fan base is pretty low, I won't say they are the worst, but they are on par with sand Aggy.

I was up there when we beat the crap out of them. The one time it ever happened. Homeside 50 yard line. They were mad at their own coaching staff, but they were complementary of us.
BellCountyBear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

I vote aggy but I laugh at TT. I don't know why they don't just change their colors to Orange and White and change their guns up to horns. They try harder then any fan base to emulate UT fans.

That said I wonder if KSU is sober. They had TT stopped on the goal line and someone called timeout which negated the stop on 3rd down and handed TT a TD.

So far KSU is reminding me of Steeles' teams incompetence.
KSU won.
RegentCoverup
RegentCoverup
Robert Wilson said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Robert Wilson said:

I was up there when we beat the crap out of them. The one time it ever happened. Homeside 50 yard line. They were mad at their own coaching staff, but they were complementary of us.
Go sit by the visitor team tunnel next time LOL.

They were probably afraid of you. When they think they can get away with it. You'll see their true colors.
I'm not generalizing , I realize it's not all, but they have a lot of wt.
BellCountyBear
People that actually went to OU are overall decent. The OU T-shirt fans...and there are plenty...are the worst meth-head trailer trash you'll ever meet.
JumboShrimper
As much as I'll say aggy is the worst, I've never experienced an opposing fan base put down baylor as much as mobilehoma errr i mean OU after the game in Arlington in '19. That was some serious sh*t-talking.
RegentCoverup
I've always felt we should segregate our stadium into Home/away fans and force the visitors into a cordoned off section behind gates, etc and they can only enter or exit from a few points. I've seen TCU fans shatter liquor bottles, fans attempt to break things…I think we are far too nice to fan bases that show zero respect.

A water cannon aimed into a bad group of fans would end that fast.
Baylorbear88
Psyclones just upset #8 okie lite and fans rushed the field. They weren't on top of my list, but they just moved up a slot or two.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.