Story Poster
Baylor Football

Gameday Thread: Baylor (7-1) travels to TCU (3-4)

November 5, 2021

Depth Chart | Class Scholarship Breakdown | Schedule | Big 12 Standings | Roster

Baylor (7-1) hits the road for the first time in over a month as the Bears travel to Fort Worth to take on in-state Rival TCU (3-4) at Amon Carter Stadium on Saturday afternoon at 2:30 p.m. CT.

Articles: Baylor vs. Iowa State 

Quote of the week...

Dave Aranda: “I think TCU would be very motivated. I think there's a rivalry to start. Their pieces are there, the talent is there. In watching the tape, it's been a little off here, a little off there. We need to be talking about doing 1/11th. There's eight guys, nine guys doing this, and then the two guys are not and whatever it is, and then they get hit. There's things like that, that show on tape. It is not something that is hard to diagnose. I think they're really close. And so I think for them to have a spark for them to rally, which I would anticipate they're going to do makes it that tougher of a game.

Craig Smoak’s Players to Watch 

TCU — Wide Receiver Quentin Johnston

The former Temple Wildcats star has been one of the lone bright spots for the TCU offense, although he managed only two receptions for 5 yards in last week’s painful loss at Kansas State. In the two games prior, Johnston was at his best, posting back-to-back 100+ yard outings, including a monster performance against OU, catching seven passes for 185 yards and three touchdowns. 

Baylor — Defensive Tackle TJ Franklin

TCU’s offensive line is suspect, and Franklin has a knack for making a splash play each week. Against Texas, it was running down Casey Thompson at midfield as he broke off a 25-yard run. The drive would result in RJ Sneed’s (sort of) blocked punt a few plays later. Baylor’s offense then produced their beautiful 14-play drive to take the lead and never look back in the fourth quarter. So which Temple Wildcat alum gets bragging rights after Saturday? 

Pregame Show | Saturday 12:30 p.m. CT

Discussion from...

Gameday Thread: Baylor (7-1) travels to TCU (3-4)

57,245 Views | 859 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bigkahunaww
Jacques Strap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Next week we get both a Basketball and Football game thread.
ScottS
Isn't Tcu 3-5
SIC EM 94
ScottS said:

Isn't Tcu 3-5

Yep…soon to be 3-6
MrGolfguy
Just win Bears!
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
ImABearToo
Flatten the toads.
BellCountyBear
Can there be a dumber mascot than frogs? The fact they are the only school with it says a lot.
historian
WBB started last week, had another exhibition game this week (both on Wednesday), and begin regular season on Tuesday.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Johnny Bear
SIC EM 94 said:

ScottS said:

Isn't Tcu 3-5

Yep…soon to be 3-6

And Quentin Johnston doesn't play for Iowa State. Does anybody actually proof read this stuff??
BUmoneymaker
BellCountyBear said:

Can there be a dumber mascot than frogs? The fact they are the only school with it says a lot.

Yeah but they are horny... and purple, which says even more! I mean, i wouldnt mess with a purple toad...

"I hope" -Red

"Apply yourself" -W.White

"Guys, who is Keyser Soze?" - K. Soze

"Tea. Earl Grey. Hot." -J.L. Picard
SIC EM 94
Word is TCU expects Baylor to whip their a$$ so badly they have arranged a "Make-A-Wish" deal with Baylor where we allow Patterson to run for a TD while our Defense acts like they are trying to tackle his fat a$$!
vanillabryce
BC beats Va Tech 17-3. Both teams combine for less than 200 passing yards.

Fuente might not make it on the plane. Patterson to the Hokies!!! lol
historian
RedBear05
Lomers with the tip!!! Sic'em Bears!!!
Polo Bear
BellCountyBear said:

Ohio state is a nut, texas is a neutered cow, what the hell is a sooner. Stanford is a tree, alabama is a red elephant. A&Ms mascot is themselves, which is dumb, so there's also a dog. There's a lot. Then you have basic: lions, tigers, bears, hawks, eagles, bulldogs.
historian
BellCountyBear
OriginalUniversityOfTexas said:

BellCountyBear said:

Ohio state is a nut, texas is a neutered cow, what the hell is a sooner. Stanford is a tree, alabama is a red elephant. A&Ms mascot is themselves, which is dumb, so there's also a dog. There's a lot. Then you have basic: lions, tigers, bears, hawks, eagles, bulldogs.
All true, but a&m goes by aggies, which 3 schools use to my recollection.
RedBear05
You can look up what a sooner is, but quick answer is literally a criminal.
RedBear05
Also, I hope we beat TCU so bad Sarah McLachlan makes a new commercial.
vanillabryce
OriginalUniversityOfTexas said:

BellCountyBear said:

A sooner is a land thief. They started early prior to the start of the land run. Boomers were those who helped get the land run started
Jayman1963
RedBear05 said:

You can look up what a sooner is, but quick answer is literally a criminal.
And I always thought it meant: "I'd sooner be dead than live in Oklahoma"!!
gobears20
Staff
Alf
gobears20 said:

This doesn't give me anymore confidence of winning today
historian
M confidence is not based upon anything said by ESPN talking heads. Our coaches & players provide a much stronger basis. It is nice when they are acknowledged.
jdrs
Waiting until 2:30 is killing me. Just ready to watch Baylor play some great football!
JumboShrimper
2:30 is taking forever to get here. This is why I prefer 11am games sometimes.
historian
67 minutes until kickoff

Stadium is mostly empty now
JumboShrimper
Hope alot of green and gold show up!
Feel The Floyd
Thank you Gary signs floating around
IowaBear
Gonna miss another one today. Will be following the thread on here so if any of you can post score updates as we go I would appreciate it. Go bears!
ImABearToo
Heard kick is 2:40? Guess I can now finish 18 holes.
historian
30 minutes to go & I see some pockets of green & gold scattered around. Our section is mostly Baylor. BUGWB is a few sections over.
DanaDane

Duggan listed as "Available".
BaylorGrad09
The OSU game definitely isn't ending on time. What's the rollover channel for fox
gobears20
Staff
Saddle Up!
BaylorGrad09 said:

The OSU game definitely isn't ending on time. What's the rollover channel for fox

FS2 - Channel 618 on DirecTV.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.