Football
Sponsored by

Just watched the McGuire press conference..

9,852 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bakersdozen
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BellCountyBear said:

boognish_bear said:

This is horse *****..red raiders know all about shoveling that.

Still rooting for him to succeed? Not even two days and he is negative recruiting Baylor!
FLBear5630
whitetrash said:

br53 said:

Lubbock is where his coaching career will die.
If he fails like his predecessors, his options would include:

1) NFL head coach
2) US Senator
3) one of the most successful head coaches in FCS history
4) plane crash

Yeah. Tech is right up there with the ND, USC and Bama jobs...

Time to stop drinking, it will hurt your health. Tech is a mid-level job in a remote location. Their highest finish was 12 a decade or so ago.

Geez, nice to like a guy, but lets keep it a little real. I will bet my mortgage he doesn't become a US Senator, NFL coach or one of the most successful CFB coaches at Tech. Any takers???
PartyBear
The fan club following what he is doing failed to mention he trashed Baylor folks in his presser if that is in fact his quote. It should be noted people who work for Baylor have been very nice and professional and even posters here have been cordial about the move.

Very disappointing if he spoke that lie.

The truth is that he was a position coach here who wanted the HC job here so badly he campaigned hard for it on social media in an unseemly manner (I guess to try to pressure Rhoades by rallying Baylor people to his cause) during the last opening. Any position coach anywhere is going to accept a HC offer from a P5. Tech did so. He is at Tech because they are taking a chance on him Rhoades/Baylor properly wouldn't.
bear2be2
RMF5630 said:

whitetrash said:

br53 said:

1) NFL head coach
2) US Senator
4) plane crash

Time to stop drinking, it will hurt your health. Tech is a mid-level job in a remote location. Their highest finish was 12 a decade or so ago.

Geez, nice to like a guy, but lets keep it a little real. I will bet my mortgage he doesn't become a US Senator, NFL coach or one of the most successful CFB coaches at Tech. Any takers???
You realize he just posted the outcomes of their former failed coaches, right? It was a joke.
FLBear5630
bear2be2 said:

RMF5630 said:

whitetrash said:

br53 said:

1) NFL head coach
2) US Senator
4) plane crash

You realize he just posted the outcomes of their former failed coaches, right? It was a joke.

Yes, I get the joke. I was joking back. Not every back and forth is meant to be negative or mean. You wanna take the bet...
RegentCoverup
I usually stop cold in an organization when someone says, "Yeah, well but I love {the organization.}" And find out what it is they are after. There is nothing wrong with people being ambitious and wanting to move up, in fact it's a good thing. But if they have to tell you how loyal they are or how much they 'love' the organization, something is usually up.

In this case, I heard plenty of people say, "Joe loves Baylor." And for those of you watching for 25 years like I have, you'll notice that Baylor has been ruled by people who used that exact phrase "X Person loves Baylor."
The implication being that their love was so profound that they were above question and that you didn't love Baylor as much as they do. I've heard the following make that claim

• Tom Stanton
  • Bob Sloan
  • Tommye Lou Davis
  • Reagan Ramsower
  • The Dildo Salesman
  • The Two Board members that ran Briles football program.

If all of these people 'love Baylor,' how on Earth did we have a national scandal every ten years?
If you want to find out about the true character of an organization, any organization, find out who it's true believers are. Here's a hint, They won't tell you they love the organization, you'll be able to see it demonstrated in action.

This dude wanted a pay raise, he got it, and now the narrative is going to change. He 'loves' Tech now.

Learn to see through the bulls--- folks.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
bear2be2
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I usually stop cold in an organization when someone says, "Yeah, well but I love {the organization.}" And find out what it is they are after. There is nothing wrong with people being ambitious and wanting to move up, in fact it's a good thing. But if they have to tell you how loyal they are or how much they 'love' the organization, something is usually up.

In this case, I heard plenty of people say, "Joe loves Baylor." And for those of you watching for 25 years like I have, you'll notice that Baylor has been ruled by people who used that exact phrase "X Person loves Baylor."
The implication being that their love was so profound that they were above question and that you didn't love Baylor as much as they do. I've heard the following make that claim

• Tom Stanton
  • Bob Sloan
  • Tommye Lou Davis
  • Reagan Ramsower
  • The Dildo Salesman

If all of these people 'love Baylor,' how on Earth did we have a national scandal every ten years?
If you want to find out about the true character of an organization, any organization, find out who it's true believers are. Here's a hint, They won't tell you they love the organization, you'll be able to see it demonstrated in action.

This dude wanted a pay raise, he got it, and now the narrative is going to change. He 'loves' Tech now.

Congrats, you beat the holy hell out of that strawman.

Now, if you would just point me to all of these posts suggesting that Joey McGuire was too loyal to Baylor to leave his position coaching role for a head coaching job at a peer institution. I can't seem to find a one.

This is your Matt Rhule nonsense all over again. Joey McGuire was at Baylor for five years, two of those after being passed over for its head coaching vacancy. It's very likely that he did enjoy his job/time in Waco. I can't for the life of me understand why you think it's impossible to enjoy one job and appreciate that environment but feel another job better suits your career goals or family's needs/desires. People leave jobs and bosses they like for other jobs all the time in every career field. You just attach some weird make believe loyalty standard to coaching jobs that you would never hold yourself to professionally.
FLBear5630
Every coach is loyal to the dollar, that is all. They may have special spot for the Alma Matta. But this guy is all Tech, now. Better start looking at him as the enemy in recruiting.
RegentCoverup
bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

• Tom Stanton
  • Bob Sloan
  • Tommye Lou Davis
  • Reagan Ramsower
  • The Dildo Salesman

Now, if you would just point me to all of these posts suggesting that Joey McGuire was too loyal to Baylor to leave his position coaching role for a head coaching job at a peer institution. I can't seem to find a one.

This is your Matt Rhule nonsense all over again. Joey McGuire was at Baylor for five years, two of those after being passed over for its head coaching vacancy. It's very likely that he did enjoy his job/time in Waco. I can't for the life of me understand why you think it's impossible to enjoy one job and appreciate that environment but feel another job better suits your career goals or family's needs/desires. People leave jobs and bosses they like for other jobs all the time in every career field. You just attach some weird make believe loyalty standard to coaching jobs that you would never hold yourself to professionally.

Please, tell us again how much you love Joey. I've quit believing you're a Baylor fan.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
bear2be2
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

• Tom Stanton
  • Bob Sloan
  • Tommye Lou Davis
  • Reagan Ramsower
  • The Dildo Salesman

Please, tell us again how much you love Joey. I've quit believing you're a Baylor fan.
So no examples? I'm seeing a common theme in your posts: All hat, no cattle.
boognish_bear
Golden Helmet
In other news

Water is wet….
1845_Society
RMF5630 said:

Every coach is loyal to the dollar, that is all. They may have special spot for the Alma Matta. But this guy is all Tech, now. Better start looking at him as the enemy in recruiting.
Any $250K/yr assistant coach offered a guaranteed $20M is gone. Period. Just like everyone of you/us would. It has nothing to do with anything else. Period.
Give
boognish_bear
No Longer Gold
bear2be2 said:

DanaDane said:

Wasn't there a coach several years ago who allegedly declared in a TV interview "they'll have to care me out of here in a pine box" and then he was gone 2 days later to another job?
Tuberville is a known ****heel. Nothing in McGuire's past would suggest he is.
Did you feel this way before he had a (R) next to his name when on television...
bear2be2
swart dra mislei jou said:

bear2be2 said:

DanaDane said:

Wasn't there a coach several years ago who allegedly declared in a TV interview "they'll have to care me out of here in a pine box" and then he was gone 2 days later to another job?
Tuberville is a known ****heel. Nothing in McGuire's past would suggest he is.
Did you feel this way before he had a (R) next to his name when on television...
Uh ... yeah. He was a piece of **** long before he became a know-nothing politician.
parch
boognish_bear said:

I have to admit, Joey screaming "I told you they were going to break" in the postgame locker room is run through a brick wall sort of stuff. It's not hard to see why his guys play hard for him.

If Baylor fans were still harboring the warm fuzzies for the dude, it's probably time to start shifting your mental narrative. He's going to be a problem for us, probably for a while, and is going to do everything in his power to use this as a touchstone to bury us later.

I don't think UT is very good, but that has not been a game Tech has typically won since Leach. We'll see how far the gap's closed when we go up to that terrible place in a few weeks.
PartyBear
I don't understand the warm fuzzies but I would take Aranda any day of the week. Rhoades made the right call here. There is a lot of emotion running for the brand new coach right now there and it was a big win based on a lot of Texas mistakes I would add. But there are still a lot of question marks there.

Perspective. Dave Roberts did the exact same thing in Waco in his first season.
boognish_bear
Bakersdozen
Loved his post game speech. He is doing what any of us would do in that situation. His team is better because he is making them believe. He coached this way in high school - was part of a university that did the same and now it is his turn. Sometimes the first year is the easiest, sometimes the hardest. It is way to early to see what happens in the JM era.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.