Story Poster
Baylor Football

Gameday Thread: #13 Baylor (7-2) hosts #8 Oklahoma (9-0)

November 12, 2021

Depth Chart | Class Scholarship Breakdown | Schedule | Big 12 Standings | Roster

No. 13 Baylor (7-2) will host No. 8 Oklahoma (9-0) at McLane Stadium on Saturday afternoon. 

Quote of the week...

Dave Aranda: “The (Oklahoma) quarterback has injected their offense with some firepower. They have always done a good job with their run game. It is always attached to our RPO's. We struggled with our RPO's just this past week. Caleb's ability to hit receivers in stride with tight coverage, I think stands out, I think the skill on the perimeter stands out. Oklahoma does a nice job of bait and switch. Of really setting up a run, getting the look they want, and then taking advantage of it with a designed RPO. They've been able to jump ahead on folks through that progression, and it's going to be for us to disrupt it.”

Craig Smoak’s Players to Watch 

Oklahoma — Quaterback Caleb Williams

The former 5-star and #2 QB recruit in the country last season, is already living up to his billing as the Sooners' #1 QB for the foreseeable future. Since bursting onto the scene against Texas and dethroning Spencer Rattler in the process, Williams has become a true dual-threat superstar in the making. His affinity for timely, impactful rushing scores has prevented OU from suffering losses to Texas and Kansas alone. Not to mention his Mahomes/Manziel-ish ability to make something out of nothing. He's not really Superman, but that is his actual nickname. 

Baylor — Entire Defense 

There's a sizable list of reasons why the Bears struggled so mightily last week against TCU, but now an even more significant challenge is in store with Lincoln Riley's offense. Pass rush, job assignment, communication, focus. Everything will matter and needs to improve for this defense to help play spoiler this weekend. But, especially in light of last week, I'd expect the Bears' defense to be ready for the challenge.

Pregame Show | Saturday 9:00 p.m. CT

Discussion from...

Gameday Thread: #13 Baylor (7-2) hosts #8 Oklahoma (9-0)

44,521 Views | 749 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by william
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My man!!

boognish_bear
I can't remember….did Lincoln call out Baker after he planted the flag at midfield at Ohio State? Or after he grabbed his crotch toward the Kansas side line?
Jacques Strap
The Bears 4th quarter in a nutshell.

Team America
boognish_bear said:

B…S….

This late in the season, you take advantage of everything you can. With the race between us, OU and OSU so close it could very well come down to the tie breaker.
Timbear
I am gladly eating a TON of crow for doubting the Bears!
Timbear
TT and K St will be tough to beat. There's a lot of football left to be played.
BellCountyBear
TT looks revived after stealing one of our coaches.
boognish_bear
historian
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Louise Romano
Freedomb3ar said:

Louise Romano said:

OU baciare il mio sedere verde e oro. Avrei voluto infilargli in bocca una ciotola di cannella alla fine e guardare cosa succede dopo. Portate l'ambulanza!

Translation: OU can kiss my green and gold butt. At the end I would have like to shove a bowl of cinnamon in his pie hole and call the ambulance!

That is so awesome! Love it. My first exposure to Italian smack talk since I was in Italy and a grandmother with a bambino in her arms as I knocked in the wrong door in Roma

Lolololol
Italian is my native language. I also speak Spanish, German, French and for the last year have studied English. Because of Spanish I am now trying to learn Portuguese. Besides Russian, Portuguese is undoubtedly the hardest. Thing is that once you learn 2 languages tit sort of becomes addictive and the 3rd then 4th become faster and faster to learn. In Europa there are many of us who speak Spanish, the easiest, then German, then French due to our proximity.

Yeah, you cannot piss off an Italian grandmother holding her bambino without getting what amounts to a tongue lashing that doesn't stop even when you are out of audio range. Truth is, after you left, she probably kept talking for another 5 minutes and most of it is with her hands. Hand talking is as important as the verbage. I am a big basketball fan and I tried to talk on here during the national champ BU run, but I could not type only English so it looked like Italenglian (new word).

5 years ago I had only hear of Baylor, but then my daughter ran into a friend who knew of their foreign exchange program so they both decided they would give Baylor a shot and she is a different person now. That is why I love Baylor because my daughter is now a mature God-fearing woman at such a young age. The sports teams are just a bonus for me. I am 6'4" female played basketball in Italy and follow the Europa league mostly which is on par with NCAA except at the elite level where the NCAA is better and could beat most top Europa pro teams. For sure, BU last year could have won our league.
McCavebear
WE WON!
McCavebear Lives!
Jack Bauer
Never forget the prophetic post from our friend midway through the Kansas game.
My favorite quote of the year:

Quote:

BUGWBBear said:

Struggling agains Kansas…gonna be a long rebuild 4 win year.
Freedomb3ar
Louise Romano said:

Freedomb3ar said:

Louise Romano said:

OU baciare il mio sedere verde e oro. Avrei voluto infilargli in bocca una ciotola di cannella alla fine e guardare cosa succede dopo. Portate l'ambulanza!

Translation: OU can kiss my green and gold butt. At the end I would have like to shove a bowl of cinnamon in his pie hole and call the ambulance!

That is so awesome! Love it. My first exposure to Italian smack talk since I was in Italy and a grandmother with a bambino in her arms as I knocked in the wrong door in Roma

Lolololol
Italian is my native language. I also speak Spanish, German, French and for the last year have studied English. Because of Spanish I am now trying to learn Portuguese. Besides Russian, Portuguese is undoubtedly the hardest. Thing is that once you learn 2 languages tit sort of becomes addictive and the 3rd then 4th become faster and faster to learn. In Europa there are many of us who speak Spanish, the easiest, then German, then French due to our proximity.

Yeah, you cannot piss off an Italian grandmother holding her bambino without getting what amounts to a tongue lashing that doesn't stop even when you are out of audio range. Truth is, after you left, she probably kept talking for another 5 minutes and most of it is with her hands. Hand talking is as important as the verbage. I am a big basketball fan and I tried to talk on here during the national champ BU run, but I could not type only English so it looked like Italenglian (new word).

5 years ago I had only hear of Baylor, but then my daughter ran into a friend who knew of their foreign exchange program so they both decided they would give Baylor a shot and she is a different person now. That is why I love Baylor because my daughter is now a mature God-fearing woman at such a young age. The sports teams are just a bonus for me. I am 6'4" female played basketball in Italy and follow the Europa league mostly which is on par with NCAA except at the elite level where the NCAA is better and could beat most top Europa pro teams. For sure, BU last year could have won our league.

Fascinating. Congrats on being a polyglot. I also thought you were her father but now appears you're a 6'4 woman. You know exactly what I'm talking about then with my chance run in with this grandma off Emanuel II Street. Was lucky to make it out alive. Lol
william
dale steele is for closers ......

....... boooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

- KKM

{ sipping coffee }

{ eating donut }

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.