Story Poster
Baylor Football Recruiting

Stratford (TX) 2023 TE Hawkins Polley commits to Baylor over USC, SMU, Vanderbilt

December 6, 2021

New Members: Try SicEm365 1 year for $35!

Baylor has landed a commitment from 2023 Houston (TX) Stratford High School tight end Hawkins Polley‍ (6-4, 238). Polley chose Baylor over offers USC, Vanderbilt, Kansas, and SMU. Polley is pledge No. 2 in Baylor’s 2023 class joining offensive lineman Justin Deleon‍.

Polley gave his verbal commitment to head coach Dave Aranda directly. 

“I called Coach Aranda earlier this morning and he told me it made his morning and he is happy to have me,” he said. “The family atmosphere and Baylor just feels like a fit. Coach Aranda made my family feel like apart of the Baylor family since the first time I met him.”

BAYLOR 2023 RECRUITING COMMITMENT LIST

The 6-foot-4, 238-pound tight end prospect finished his junior season with 39 receptions for 426 yards and five touchdowns and was named a 17-6A unanimous first-team all-district player. He was very productive as a sophomore as well, racking up 437 yards and nine touchdowns.

Baylor was his first offer on April 23rd and has continued to build a great relationship with assistant coach and area recruiter Juice Johnson. Polley took an unofficial visit in June and competed at a Baylor camp in July which allowed him to build a relationship with Jeff Grimes and Dave Aranda. 

“The relationship with Juice is great and just everyone on the staff is amazing,” he said. “And seeing the success the offense had in its first year was very impressive and exciting.”

Polley has been the clear favorite to be the tight end in the 2023 class as he visited Baylor multiple times in the summer and for the Iowa State game. Meanwhile Baylor has two other tight end offers extended which shows the list was already narrow and now they have landed the top guy on the board.

Discussion from...

Stratford (TX) 2023 TE Hawkins Polley commits to Baylor over USC, SMU, Vanderbilt

6,698 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jdrs
canoso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Welcome, Mr. Polley! Glad to hear you're a Bear!
BU Born&Raised
Watched this guy all season. He was a big reason Stratford was 9-1 in regular season. He is an absolute stud, does not miss the ball and already has a college body. I think he's listed at 6'5" 235, he's every bit of it. Was duel sport and focused on football this year! Glad BU landed him. USC was in the hunt as well from what his father mentioned to me.
Team America
BU Born&Raised said:

Watched this guy all season. He was a big reason Stratford was 9-1 in regular season. He is an absolute stud, does not miss the ball and already has a college body. I think he's listed at 6'5" 235, he's every bit of it. Was duel sport and focused on football this year! Glad BU landed him. USC was in the hunt as well from what his father mentioned to me.

Is his dad Dolph Lundgren?
jdrs
Welcome to winsville!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.