New Restaurants Coming

15,640 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Yogi
Nguyen One Soon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
abdulhaih said:

What do you guys think about Fish City Grill? I am planning to visit it with my sister in a few weeks and I hope it has a large variety of seafoods. I don't see my sister often because she lives abroad, but we have a tradition that every time we visit each, we go together to a new restaurant. We're both foodies and like trying new things. Last time I visited her in Fussen we visited riwa-restaurant.de and I was quite impressed with the delicious food. I've only been to Germany twice but found that their culture is very diverse and it's easy to find restaurants with cuisine from different countries. But now that my sister is planning to visit for the holidays, I want to impress her with something she hasn't eaten in a long time.

They have a regular menu. Their daily blackboard specials are usually a notch or two above the regular menu. What city will you be dining in?
sipembeers
Cafe homestead burned to the ground last night. Hopefully they will rebuild.
SteamedHams
sipembeers said:

How awful...that place is (was?) quite tasty.
Coke Bear
sipembeers said:

If it wasn't Homestead Heritage,I'd wonder if it was another "mystery" fire that seems to plague some of Waco's restaurants over the last 30-40 years.
sipembeers
Coke Bear said:

sipembeers said:

If it was Homestead Heritage,I'd wonder if it was another "mystery" fire that seems to plague some of Waco's restaurants over the last 30-40 years.

It was homestead heritage. Not following on the "mystery" comment, can you expand on it.
Coke Bear
sipembeers said:

It was homestead heritage. Not following on the "mystery" comment, can you expand on it.
Sorry. I meant "wasn't". I fixed the original post.

Mystery fires - I've seen at least 3 or 4 struggling restaurants burn in Waco to collect the insurance money.

Pelicans, Lake Brazos Steakhouse, and a restaurant in Woodway back in the late 80's that was located where the title company is located. There have been a few others whose names escape me at the moment.

Essentially, I can't imagine that Homestead Heritage would do that.
sipembeers
Coke Bear said:

sipembeers said:

Mystery fires - I've seen at least 3 or 4 struggling restaurants burn in Waco to collect the insurance money.

Pelicans, Lake Brazos Steakhouse, and a restaurant in Woodway back in the late 80's that was located where the title company is located. There have been a few others whose names escape me at the moment.

Yeah, they are far from struggling. You need reservations for lunch on weekdays.
cowboycwr
Coke Bear said:

sipembeers said:

It probably just seems like a lot because it is a small town but big cities get many more that have that happen.

Also wasn't lake bravos ruled an accidental fire not arson?
Coke Bear
cowboycwr said:

Also wasn't lake bravos ruled an accidental fire not arson?
I'm too lazy to look for the article, but IIRC, the fire was caused by someone leaving a rag or towel near/on a burning. Maybe it was HVAC related. It's been a hot minute, but I do remember it being extremely suspect.
sipembeers
NM
STxBear81
is that the place out in the country with married couples that make furniture and that cafe?
BaylorHistory
BornAgain said:

is that the place out in the country with married couples that make furniture and that cafe?

It's a ton more than that but yes.

They do everything from beekeeping to running vacation homes. I believe their membership is now in the thousands if I remember right. I do a lot of business with them and they're super resourceful and generous to a gentile like myself. In fact I can't remember any of their families ever being late on a single payment.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
SteamedHams
BaylorHistory said:

BornAgain said:

It's a ton more than that but yes.

They do everything from beekeeping to running vacation homes. I believe their membership is now in the thousands if I remember right. I do a lot of business with them and they're super resourceful and generous to a gentile like myself. In fact I can't remember any of their families ever being late on a single payment.
I did a few rounds of the hand-tool woodworking class (through the rocking chair project) and it was tremendous fun. I could hit that thing with my truck and file a total-loss insurance claim on my vehicle.
Edmond Bear

We've stayed in one of their cabins and had a great experience. My wife enjoyed the whole experience with the different buildings. Was surprised to find all of this in (near) Waco.
Lund Vernquist
Coke Bear said:

In some settings the mortgage rubbing up against the insurance policy has been known to create enough friction that it ignites.
Lund Vernquist
Grimm
Speaking of fires... Is Tru Jamacia going to rebuild or is that going to be it?
FirmBear24
Rebuilding. There is a GoFund Me for it setup.
historian
CammoTX said:

Waco still waiting on that Pappadeaux

Has there been any word about Pappadeaux coming to Waco? A few weeks ago, a photo of the construction of the Foster Pavilion included a sign advertising it. I haven't heard anything since. Or was that some kind of joke?
SteamedHams
historian said:

CammoTX said:

Waco still waiting on that Pappadeaux

Has there been any word about Pappadeaux coming to Waco? A few weeks ago, a photo of the construction of the Foster Pavilion included a sign advertising it. I haven't heard anything since. Or was that some kind of joke?

I made that, was definitely for the lolz.
historian
Thanks for clearing that up!
eghayes
My cousin is opening a wine bar downtown. It should be opening within the next month.

https://www.segoviawinebar.com/

Locally owned, loves everything Baylor.
T-REX
eghayes said:

My cousin is opening a wine bar downtown. It should be opening within the next month.

awesome
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
73s de N4WJP
eghayes said:

Approximate location?
FirmBear24
73s de N4WJP said:

eghayes said:

Approximate location?

Think it's in the Mary Avenue Market between 4th and 5th
BaylorHistory
eghayes said:

Rioja and tapas? I am 100% down.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
eghayes
Yes close to Hecho en Waco.
Yogi
eghayes said:

I'll patronize!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.