New Restaurants Coming

15,636 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Yogi
Biscuits_and_Gravy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'll have to try them!
BellCountyBear
bruiser93 said:

Mo Cookies on Lake Air Drive is solid competition in this pricey cookie debate.
Do only 'Mos work there?
WacoKelly83
Mo'stly
trey3216
T-REX said:

Coyote Bear said:

A really good cookie doesn't need fruity pebbles or Oreos mixed in. Milkbottle is gimmicky and overpriced at best.
I mean seeing as crumble continually opens new locations across the country try and is 1 of the fastest growing companies in that industry, I'd say artisan cookies are not a gimmick.
they are a gimmick. Just like the dozens of people opening $5 cupcake places was a gimmick 10 years ago. A few will make it, but the market will get flooded for about 2.5-3 years and flush out the weak hands after 5.
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
CObear
Pignettis is opening later this month or early august at the Phoenix. Great food and wine.
CorsicanaBear
Oak and Ivy Wine Bar and Bistro in the Outlook at Bosque Ridge is interesting. Duck Confit was good. Wine list was varied and somewhat interesting.
Volunteer
CorsicanaBear said:

Oak and Ivy Wine Bar and Bistro in the Outlook at Bosque Ridge is interesting. Duck Confit was good. Wine list was varied and somewhat interesting.
It will be interesting to see if the Oak and Ivy concept works in Waco. Eclectic and limited menu with $30 to $50 entrees. I agree that there could be interest in the wine and beer offerings.
FirmBear24
Volunteer said:

CorsicanaBear said:

It will be interesting to see if the Oak and Ivy concept works in Waco. Eclectic and limited menu with $30 to $50 entrees. I agree that there could be interest in the wine and beer offerings.

Food has been pretty good both times I've been, but the limited menu is a deterrent to a few folks I've talked to about it. No chicken option is a bold move. Let's see if it pays off, Cotton.
Coyote Bear
CorsicanaBear said:

I had the NY Strip on Thursday (weekly special) and it was awesome. Duck dumplings and cornbread were also very good.
CorsicanaBear
NY Strip did not look good to me on Friday and the guy who had it next to us at the bar said his was over done. Don't see how you can get the temp correct on an 8oz strip, too thin. Did not say if prime on menu. Duck was legit. Could have used a couple of veggies. Blistered shi****o peppers are nasty no matter who cooks them (the **** is in the name). Wife had fish special over couscous and said it was good. The cauliflower appetizer looked atrocious. The cheese board and charcuterie board were fine (fromage board was good but they need more "precious" cheeses). It was a good outing, they have some calibration to do.
Bear_Fan254
bruiser93 said:

Mo Cookies on Lake Air Drive is solid competition in this pricey cookie debate.
Mo Cookies are the best cookies in Waco. Just classic, good cookies that doesn't have to rely on the outrageous toppings or size. Really nice family owns it too.
2023 Adopt-A-Bear: TE Drake Dabney #89

2023 Stats: Receptions: 33 Yards: 552 yards TDs: 5 Betrayal: INFINITY
cowboycwr
PartyBear said:

Edmond Bear said:

T-REX said:

Edmond Bear said:

PartyBear said:

When you say Fish City isnt coastal seafood, what exactly are you saying? It isnt actually seafood? It is all catfish, trout and any other fresh water fish? What does that mean?

I am just trying to convey that it is good seafood but not as great as fresh seafood from coastal towns.

I mean that would apply to any seafood restaurant not in a costal town tho

Yeah, it's a 'no duh.' I was just trying to head off some of the awesome bros who might come in and say 'Listen bro, it's no Gaido's huh huh.'

I totally get that. Usually as soon as a chain announces a Waco location some folks here like to suddenly declare the restaurant serves dog food or some such bd.
This.

Every time a new chain moves in it is suddenly "trash" and people can list 20 "better" hole in the wall places.

And for proof just look at this thread and the discussion about cookie places.
cowboycwr
CammoTX said:

Waco still waiting on that Pappadeaux
Yes.

And Pluckers.
BaylorOkie
cowboycwr said:

CammoTX said:

Yes.

And Pluckers.
I freaking love Pluckers.
Mike E
BaylorOkie said:

cowboycwr said:

CammoTX said:

Yes.

And Pluckers.
Yep.. unfortunately it's not happening. The owners hate Waco and it doesn't even matter to them about the potential huge profits to be had.
BylrFan
Mike E said:

BaylorOkie said:

cowboycwr said:

CammoTX said:

Yes.

And Pluckers.
Yep.. unfortunately it's not happening. The owners hate Waco and it doesn't even matter to them about the potential huge profits to be had.

I don't think they hate Waco but I can see the risk factor from many of the more higher priced restaurants coming here. ($20+ a plate). They're more focused on larger markets at the moment which have much less risk.

Although I'm surprised PF Changs is doing well.
SteamedHams
cowboycwr said:

CammoTX said:

Yes.

And Pluckers.

I have a good friend who oversees Plucker's expansion projects, and she always tells me that they are just superbly picky with their locations and Waco's not on their roadmap whatsoever. So its either some aversion to Waco in general, OR, they just haven't found the perfect spot to actually put the restaurant. Or likely, a combination of the two.

I believe both the Waco city manager and various city politicians have inquired personally this very question, so, who knows what will happen in the future. But from the horse's mouth, ain't no Pluckers comin' here.
cowboycwr
Mike E said:

BaylorOkie said:

cowboycwr said:

CammoTX said:

Yes.

And Pluckers.
Which just doesn't seem to make much business sense. Sure they are not going to hurt for money by avoiding one mid size city but if the goal is to expand your business and become statewide/ potential nationwide the avoiding of cities just because of owners personal feelings doesn't seem to make much sense- in a business way.
T-REX
SteamedHams said:

cowboycwr said:

CammoTX said:

Yes.

And Pluckers.

I have a good friend who oversees Plucker's expansion projects, and she always tells me that they are just superbly picky with their locations and Waco's not on their roadmap whatsoever. So its either some aversion to Waco in general, OR, they just haven't found the perfect spot to actually put the restaurant. Or likely, a combination of the two.

I believe both the Waco city manager and various city politicians have inquired personally this very question, so, who knows what will happen in the future. But from the horse's mouth, ain't no Pluckers comin' here.
I live in ft worth and have never eaten at pluckers. Nor have I ever heard that I should.
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
SteamedHams
T-REX said:

SteamedHams said:

cowboycwr said:

CammoTX said:

Yes.

And Pluckers.

I live in ft worth and have never eaten at pluckers. Nor have I ever heard that I should.
Ok
T-REX
SteamedHams said:

T-REX said:

SteamedHams said:

cowboycwr said:

CammoTX said:

Yes.

And Pluckers.

Ok
my point is I don't understand what the hype about it is and why folks want 1 in waco?
Baylor MBA 2023
SteamedHams
T-REX said:

SteamedHams said:

T-REX said:

SteamedHams said:

cowboycwr said:

CammoTX said:

Yes.

And Pluckers.

Ok
my point is I don't understand what the hype about it is and why folks want 1 in waco?
Your point is that you don't understand what the hype is about and why people want a restaurant...that you've never been to before?
T-REX
SteamedHams said:

T-REX said:

SteamedHams said:

T-REX said:

SteamedHams said:

cowboycwr said:

CammoTX said:

Yes.

And Pluckers.

Ok
Your point is that you don't understand what the hype is about and why people want a restaurant...that you've never been to before?
I misspoke. I have eaten at 1 by my house once. Wasn't anything special at all. Never seen it very busy nor the others I have driven by up here seem very busy except maybe when the cowboys have a game on which is same for any spot really with tvs. Just seems like another wing place that isn't any better than bdubs. And nobody has ever suggested we go to pluckers. So no, I don't understand the hype of just wanting another bdubs under a different name.

If they want to be in Waco cool but I don't see why it's desirable for yall to have 1 there.
Baylor MBA 2023
WacoKelly83
Im happy Waco got a Slim Chickens. Pluckers isnt a priority for me
T-REX
WacoKelly83 said:

Im happy Waco got a Slim Chickens. Pluckers isnt a priority for me
is slim fried chicken? never had em
Baylor MBA 2023
74Bear
The Chicken Shack, Old Dallas Hwy, RIP
WacoKelly83
https://slimchickens.com/menu/

Tenders and wings. Like Zaxbys
Jackson Bear
SteamedHams said:

cowboycwr said:

CammoTX said:

Yes.

And Pluckers.

So they love Killeen more than Waco? That makes sense!?
whitetrash
Jackson Bear said:

SteamedHams said:

cowboycwr said:

CammoTX said:

Yes.

And Pluckers.

Chicken wings are considered fine dining in western Bell County.
Robert Wilson
Anyone care to count how many fried chicken / chicken tender / chicken wing places we have? Lord. Who cares about pluckers.
BUbearinARK
Robert Wilson said:

Anyone care to count how many fried chicken / chicken tender / chicken wing places we have? Lord. Who cares about pluckers.
So you don't give a pluck?
T-REX
whitetrash said:

Jackson Bear said:

SteamedHams said:

cowboycwr said:

CammoTX said:

Yes.

And Pluckers.

Chicken wings are considered fine dining in western Bell County.
strippers love them
Baylor MBA 2023
BaylorGuy314
Had Dave's Hot Chicken last week. Really good. Got the mild and it was too mild. Going to level up next time. But the flavor was great and the quality of the chicken was excellent. The slider + strip meal (I think it's #3) is very filling. Could've done with just one slider and fries or one strip and fries but it was good to try both. I was hesitant on the slider but the slaw and sauce they put on there make it perfect. Will be back often.
WacoKelly83
My son got medium and he liked it. Just a little heat. I had hot and is just right for me. Except i rubbed my eye after the first bite. Mistake. It will make your eyes water but not too painful.

I thought it was a little pricey but changed my mind after they brought the order. Huge pieces
abdulhaih
What do you guys think about Fish City Grill? I am planning to visit it with my sister in a few weeks and I hope it has a large variety of seafoods. I don't see my sister often because she lives abroad, but we have a tradition that every time we visit each, we go together to a new restaurant. We're both foodies and like trying new things. Last time I visited her in Fussen we visited riwa-restaurant.de and I was quite impressed with the delicious food. I've only been to Germany twice but found that their culture is very diverse and it's easy to find restaurants with cuisine from different countries. But now that my sister is planning to visit for the holidays, I want to impress her with something she hasn't eaten in a long time.

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.