New Restaurants Coming

15,639 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Yogi
Edmond Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
From the Waco-Trib June 26 Restaurant Roundup- https://wacotrib.com/eedition/page-b6/page_2e3dfc68-3e24-5561-851d-62bf9900c563.html

• Dave's Hot Chicken near Cinemark and TopGolf - buildout almost complete
  • Fish City Grille in Legend's Crossing - construction just started
  • Willie's Grill & Icehouse at New Road and I-35 - groundbreaking nearing
  • Crumbl's Cookies at 10th and I-35 in the grease pit across 35 from the Baylor campus - looks like it is going into the Tropical Smoothie Cafe location - buildout starting

We have a Fish City Grille in Edmond and it stays busy. It is a little upscale and pretty good but it's not coastal seafood.

Waco already has another Crumbl's at the Central Texas Marketplace. So, it's not new to the market. This is another one we have in Edmond and it is just okay.
BylrFan
dave's is already open
baylrballa
need to get over and try daves
Redbrickbear
Edmond Bear said:

• Crumbl's Cookies at 10th and I-35 in the grease pit across 35 from the Baylor campus - looks like it is going into the Tropical Smoothie Cafe location - buildout starting

Should do well.

Everytime I see a Crumbl cookie its packed.
T-REX
Edmond Bear said:

From the Waco-Trib June 26 Restaurant Roundup- https://wacotrib.com/eedition/page-b6/page_2e3dfc68-3e24-5561-851d-62bf9900c563.html

We have a Fish City Grille in Edmond and it stays busy. It is a little upscale and pretty good but it's not coastal seafood.

Waco already has another Crumbl's at the Central Texas Marketplace. So, it's not new to the market. This is another one we have in Edmond and it is just okay.

crumble prints money. The existing location is at Centex market place which is not really a good location with BU considered. There is a tiffs treats across 35 from campus and crumble should have originally gone in that area. Glad they are expanding their Waco foot print. They are going to absolutely kill it with Baylor students. Also expands their delivery range as well.

Crumble is amazing!
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
BaylorHistory
baylrballa said:

need to get over and try daves
I really liked it. Medium had just the right amount of heat and flavor.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
Booboo Bear
How does Dave's compare to Hawk's?
CammoTX
Waco still waiting on that Pappadeaux
BaylorHistory
Booboo Bear said:

Dave's have that traditional Nashville flavor that I love so I prefer it.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
PartyBear
When you say Fish City isnt coastal seafood, what exactly are you saying? It isnt actually seafood? It is all catfish, trout and any other fresh water fish? What does that mean?
Edmond Bear
PartyBear said:

When you say Fish City isnt coastal seafood, what exactly are you saying? It isnt actually seafood? It is all catfish, trout and any other fresh water fish? What does that mean?

I am just trying to convey that it is good seafood but not as great as fresh seafood from coastal towns.
T-REX
Edmond Bear said:

PartyBear said:

I am just trying to convey that it is good seafood but not as great as fresh seafood from coastal towns.

I mean that would apply to any seafood restaurant not in a costal town tho
Baylor MBA 2023
Edmond Bear
T-REX said:

Edmond Bear said:

PartyBear said:

Yeah, it's a 'no duh.' I was just trying to head off some of the awesome bros who might come in and say 'Listen bro, it's no Gaido's huh huh.'
baylrballa
Booboo Bear said:

Daves Not as good on first try.

The hot was what I would consider mild at most other places.
Yogi
CammoTX said:

Not saying Pappadeaux is coming.. Just saying that two major restaurant sites will be opening on the river across Clay Avenue from the Foster Basketball Pavilion.

In other news, Spec's will be breaking ground on a super store in Waco soon.

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
T-REX
Yogi said:

CammoTX said:

Not saying Pappadeaux is coming.. Just saying that two major restaurant sites will be opening on the river across Clay Avenue from the Foster Basketball Pavilion.

still waiting for a total wine and liqpur to open
Baylor MBA 2023
Illinois Bear
T-REX said:

Yogi said:

CammoTX said:

still waiting for a total wine and liqpur to open

Yes please.
PartyBear
Edmond Bear said:

T-REX said:

Edmond Bear said:

PartyBear said:

Yeah, it's a 'no duh.' I was just trying to head off some of the awesome bros who might come in and say 'Listen bro, it's no Gaido's huh huh.'

I totally get that. Usually as soon as a chain announces a Waco location some folks here like to suddenly declare the restaurant serves dog food or some such bd.
Biscuits_and_Gravy
T-REX said:

Edmond Bear said:

crumble prints money. The existing location is at Centex market place which is not really a good location with BU considered. There is a tiffs treats across 35 from campus and crumble should have originally gone in that area. Glad they are expanding their Waco foot print. They are going to absolutely kill it with Baylor students. Also expands their delivery range as well.

Crumble is amazing!

Hot take, crumble sucks. I had MilkBottle for the first time this week and will never waste my time or calories w:Crumble again. Just my opinion.
T-REX
Biscuits_and_Gravy said:

T-REX said:

Edmond Bear said:

Crumble is amazing!

Hot take, crumble sucks. I had MilkBottle for the first time this week and will never waste my time or calories w:Crumble again. Just my opinion.
what is that?
Baylor MBA 2023
FirmBear24
T-REX said:

Biscuits_and_Gravy said:

T-REX said:

Edmond Bear said:

Crumble is amazing!

what is that?

Local cookie place that recently opened across from Balcones. Really good $5 cookies.
T-REX
FirmBear24 said:

T-REX said:

Biscuits_and_Gravy said:

T-REX said:

Edmond Bear said:

Crumble is amazing!

what is that?

Local cookie place that recently opened across from Balcones. Really good $5 cookies.
better be if it costs more than crumble
Baylor MBA 2023
4th and Inches
FirmBear24 said:

T-REX said:

Biscuits_and_Gravy said:

T-REX said:

Edmond Bear said:

Crumble is amazing!

what is that?

wife brought some home today.. liked them better when I didnt know what they cost, lol

Good cookies
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
CammoTX
FirmBear24 said:

T-REX said:

Biscuits_and_Gravy said:

T-REX said:

Edmond Bear said:

Crumble is amazing!

what is that?

$5 well spent too.
Grimm
Got some milk bottle cookies at work for free... They were really good. More like a scone cookie amalgamation... I didn't know that they cost that much. The Dave's/carls jr place is kind of a pain in the ass to get to so I don't know if I'll ever make it over there.... I'm glad they made that creekview drive to avoid the new road/35 intersection.
OsoCoreyell
Biscuits_and_Gravy said:

T-REX said:

Edmond Bear said:

Crumble is amazing!

I would normally say "disagree," but this is just objectively incorrect. Crumbl does not "suck." I am on a pretty strict diet for training purposes, and I get sweets once-a-month. It is a Crumbl coookie. I have no regrets..
Biscuits_and_Gravy
OsoCoreyell said:

Biscuits_and_Gravy said:

T-REX said:

Edmond Bear said:

Crumble is amazing!

I would normally say "disagree," but this is just objectively incorrect. Crumbl does not "suck." I am on a pretty strict diet for training purposes, and I get sweets once-a-month. It is a Crumbl coookie. I have no regrets..

Since I indicated it was my opinion, and cookie preferences is subjective I do not think you can say it is objectively incorrect, but not the first and can without doubt say will not be the last thing we disagree on.

They are over rated shortbread without the butter. The cost of the product is in the cute pink packaging which suggests a quality product. I told my mom to pick up a crumble cookie where she lives and she threatened to disown me for suggesting she eat such a thing.

I'm sorry, if this is your cheat treat it would be awful to admit you have used that unwisely so I do understand your defense of the cookie but next month try MilkBottle.
OsoCoreyell
Biscuits_and_Gravy said:

OsoCoreyell said:

Biscuits_and_Gravy said:

T-REX said:

Edmond Bear said:

Crumble is amazing!

Since I indicated it was my opinion, and cookie preferences is subjective I do not think you can say it is objectively incorrect, but not the first and can without doubt say will not be the last thing we disagree on.

They are over rated shortbread without the butter. The cost of the product is in the cute pink packaging which suggests a quality product. I told my mom to pick up a crumble cookie where she lives and she threatened to disown me for suggesting she eat such a thing.

I'm sorry, if this is your cheat treat it would be awful to admit you have used that unwisely so I do understand your defense of the cookie but next month try MilkBottle.
Lighten up. I was kidding.
Biscuits_and_Gravy
OsoCoreyell said:

Biscuits_and_Gravy said:

OsoCoreyell said:

Biscuits_and_Gravy said:

T-REX said:

Edmond Bear said:

Crumble is amazing!

Lighten up. I was kidding.

I'm sorry I should have used the winking emoji. I would say if you think my post was serious you may need your sarcasm meter checked, but then I remember some dead serious posts I have read here by others .

I don't even like milk bottle I just like telling T-Rex he's wrong. My mother is diabetic, she doesn't even eat cookies. (Very little of that is true too)

Seriously.
Coyote Bear
A really good cookie doesn't need fruity pebbles or Oreos mixed in. Milkbottle is gimmicky and overpriced at best.
baylrballa
Coyote Bear said:

A really good cookie doesn't need fruity pebbles or Oreos mixed in. Milkbottle is gimmicky and overpriced at best.

Yeah, who wants to have fun? That sounds terrible.
Edmond Bear
Coyote Bear said:

That is crazy talk.

It's like saying I shouldn't have fruity pebbles in my sangria margarita.

T-REX
Edmond Bear said:

Coyote Bear said:

That is crazy talk.

It's like saying I shouldn't have fruity pebbles in my sangria margarita.

you shouldn't. But you should have sangria in your fruity pebbles
Baylor MBA 2023
T-REX
Coyote Bear said:

I mean seeing as crumble continually opens new locations across the country try and is 1 of the fastest growing companies in that industry, I'd say artisan cookies are not a gimmick.
Baylor MBA 2023
bruiser93
Mo Cookies on Lake Air Drive is solid competition in this pricey cookie debate.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.