Mexican food restaurant

16,313 Views | 144 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by BearVerdad
WacoKelly83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LaCabana
Grumpy
That's it! Thank you!
Localbear
Best Menudo is Lolita's
Super slow service

Best breakfast burrito is Marina's on 18th
They make their own flour and corn tortillas
They also have good Caldo and other things
Great service

Best guisado and best overall flavors is Cultura Mia

Best Central Mexican food is Maria Mezclaria

If you just want queso and chips I still think Torchy's, but not really a fan of anything else there

Surprised myself I like this basic: Taco Tuesday at Trujillo's. Cheap and good taco meat flavor.

Guilty pleasure embarrassed to mention: chips, salsa, avocado dip and El Callejn at Ninfa's. My girls like steak nachos there also.

Best bakery and maybe only one: Jimenez bakery on Dutton. Always packed and you can also get a cup of elote outside.
Empanadas de Camote, ojo de buey, cuernitos are my favorites there.

Place I want to try: Olympic on 18th. Was told they have really good carnitas. I also need to up my food truck places bc I realized I haven't hit very many in Waco. The few I have are decent, but tortillas not that good.

I have never been a fan of El Conquistador, La Fiesta, Casa de Castillo. They seem the same to me and I have plenty of family and friends that have lived here a long time and love it. I am not a fan.

For reference to my tastes, I lived in Mexico City for 3 years just moving back this Summer, but I grew up in Waco. Mexico City has me judging corn tortillas, salsas, pozole, al pastor and carnitas more harshly than before. If you asked me to pick a quick place in Dallas I would pick Meso Maya.
Edmond Bear

This is a great list. Have learned a lot from it.
BearVerdad
Localbear said:

Best Menudo is Lolita's
Super slow service

Best breakfast burrito is Marina's on 18th
They make their own flour and corn tortillas
They also have good Caldo and other things
Great service

Best guisado and best overall flavors is Cultura Mia

Best Central Mexican food is Maria Mezclaria

If you just want queso and chips I still think Torchy's, but not really a fan of anything else there

Surprised myself I like this basic: Taco Tuesday at Trujillo's. Cheap and good taco meat flavor.

Guilty pleasure embarrassed to mention: chips, salsa, avocado dip and El Callejn at Ninfa's. My girls like steak nachos there also.

Best bakery and maybe only one: Jimenez bakery on Dutton. Always packed and you can also get a cup of elote outside.
Empanadas de Camote, ojo de buey, cuernitos are my favorites there.

Place I want to try: Olympic on 18th. Was told they have really good carnitas. I also need to up my food truck places bc I realized I haven't hit very many in Waco. The few I have are decent, but tortillas not that good.

I have never been a fan of El Conquistador, La Fiesta, Casa de Castillo. They seem the same to me and I have plenty of family and friends that have lived here a long time and love it. I am not a fan.

For reference to my tastes, I lived in Mexico City for 3 years just moving back this Summer, but I grew up in Waco. Mexico City has me judging corn tortillas, salsas, pozole, al pastor and carnitas more harshly than before. If you asked me to pick a quick place in Dallas I would pick Meso Maya.

Username checks out

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.