Roberto's y Jorge's information

16,808 Views | 125 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by RightRevBear
Coke Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Roberto's - I wanted to bring a new restaurant to your attention. I'm excited to say that Roberto's located at the edge of the "grease pit" across I-35 (921 S. 9th street).

For those of you not familiar with the San Diego-based franchise, you are in for a treat! The serve authentic southern California burritos and other item. They are one of the best in SD. I try to get one each time I go visit. There carne asada is amazing. I spoke with the owner on Saturday. They don't have beer YET, but they are working on getting their license.

Please note that these are authentic So-Cal burritos, not your traditions Tex-Mex burritos. I usually get the California Burrito, which is carne asada, french fries, and cheese wrapped in a giant tortilla (don't knock it until you've tried it.)

Jorge's (Sammy's new Tex-Mex place) - My son spoke with a girl that been hired on their as a server. She stated that they are in training now and should open in about two weeks or so. I'm guessing that they will use the same reservation services that George's uses. Most of us know what it's like the first few weeks an exciting new restaurant opens in Waco.

Illinois Bear
We stumbled upon Roberto's over the weekend. Enjoyed the breakfast burrito. Two thumbs up and looking forward to returning for lunch soon. Incredibly friendly staff and they seem very excited to be operating in Waco.
trey3216
The soft opening dates for Jorge's are June 24/25 unless it's changed over the past couple weeks. Also, it's going to be more a Mex-Mex place than Tex-Mex. Yes, there will be some Tex-Mex dishes, but there are also a lot of coastal Mexican dishes on the menu with a lot of seafood options, unlike most places around here.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
bularry
OH boy, a CA franchise!!
Coke Bear
bularry said:

OH boy, a CA franchise!!
I understand your sarcasm; however, FWIU Roberto's is owned by a couple guys and the "owners" are part of the family.

I hope that people give it a shot.
Biscuits_and_Gravy
Coke Bear said:

bularry said:

OH boy, a CA franchise!!
I understand your sarcasm; however, FWIU Roberto's is owned by a couple guys and the "owners" are part of the family.

My husband is going to be very excited about this. Thanks for posting.
SteamedHams
bularry said:

OH boy, a CA franchise!!

I'm prepared to be hated upon, but having spent a good deal of my time being stuffed to the gills on mahi-mahi fish tacos in SoCal, I'd take fresh Cali-Mex over Tex Mex 7 days a week.
ursamajor
bularry said:

OH boy, a CA franchise!!

It's not like it's a Vermont taco place.
OsoCoreyell
Does "Jorge's" serve purple burritos and other TCU-friendly fare?
trey3216
OsoCoreyell said:

No, and you won't find too many businesses in Waco more integrated and supportive of Baylor athletics than the Citrano family either.
BaylorHistory
ursamajor said:

bularry said:

OH boy, a CA franchise!!

It's not like it's a Vermont taco place.
Yeah give me all of the Mex-Mex, Tex-Mex, Cal-Tex, New Mexican, and Ariz-Mex that you have. I'm not going to complain about any of it.
Yogi
OsoCoreyell said:

I believe TCU alums prefer pink burritos...
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
BUbearinARK
Yogi said:

OsoCoreyell said:

I believe TCU alums prefer pink burritos...
or maybe

Bear Doc
I think the above referenced Vermont taco shop may have rainbow tacos. I heard about it on the Delicious Dish on NPR...

bularry
Coke Bear said:

bularry said:

OH boy, a CA franchise!!

Just being a smart ass. There are actually good multi location concepts.

Wish them nothing but success
OsoCoreyell
trey3216 said:

OsoCoreyell said:

No, and you won't find too many businesses in Waco more integrated and supportive of Baylor athletics than the Citrano family either.
Except for their kid that runs the Hewit location and revels in Baylor losses to TCU.
trey3216
OsoCoreyell said:

trey3216 said:

OsoCoreyell said:

Except for their kid that runs the Hewit location and revels in Baylor losses to TCU.
Belive it or not, he also sponsors a ton of Baylor Athletics stuff through that location. Yes he's a TCU alum. Yes he'll gloat and goad about his toads, but he's still a big supporter of Baylor as well.

To each.
CTbruin
What trey said
4th and Inches
Coke Bear said:

Roberto's - I wanted to bring a new restaurant to your attention. I'm excited to say that Roberto's located at the edge of the "grease pit" across I-35 (921 S. 9th street).

For those of you not familiar with the San Diego-based franchise, you are in for a treat! The serve authentic southern California burritos and other item. They are one of the best in SD. I try to get one each time I go visit. There carne asada is amazing. I spoke with the owner on Saturday. They don't have beer YET, but they are working on getting their license.

Please note that these are authentic So-Cal burritos, not your traditions Tex-Mex burritos. I usually get the California Burrito, which is carne asada, french fries, and cheese wrapped in a giant tortilla (don't knock it until you've tried it.)

Jorge's (Sammy's new Tex-Mex place) - My son spoke with a girl that been hired on their as a server. She stated that they are in training now and should open in about two weeks or so. I'm guessing that they will use the same reservation services that George's uses. Most of us know what it's like the first few weeks an exciting new restaurant opens in Waco.

we hit Robertos today based on your recommendation..

It is Legit! We shared the carne asada nachos, and got all 4 of the soft tacos- fish, asada, carnitas, and shrimp.

One in our group found it a little spicy but the rest of us really liked the flavor

Will go back!
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
hodedofome
trey3216 said:

OsoCoreyell said:

trey3216 said:

OsoCoreyell said:

Belive it or not, he also sponsors a ton of Baylor Athletics stuff through that location. Yes he's a TCU alum. Yes he'll gloat and goad about his toads, but he's still a big supporter of Baylor as well.

To each.
He went to TCU but understands Baylor butters his bread. And daddy still runs the big show - who while not a BU alum, he's lived in Waco for like 40 years. I think dad has given quite a bit to Baylor over the years.
trey3216
hodedofome said:

trey3216 said:

OsoCoreyell said:

trey3216 said:

OsoCoreyell said:

To each.
He went to TCU but understands Baylor butters his bread. And daddy still runs the big show - who while not a BU alum, he's lived in Waco for like 40 years. I think dad has given quite a bit to Baylor over the years.

I know for a fact he has, and does.
baylor1984
Had the Surf and Turf Burrito today and it was very good. Will definitely be back.
BU99
bularry said:

Coke Bear said:

bularry said:

OH boy, a CA franchise!!

Just being a smart ass. There are actually good multi location concepts.

Wish them nothing but success

As Coke Bear said, this is a family owned multi location more than a franchise. The Waco one is owned and run by a really nice guy. I think he said his uncle started the Las Vegas ones and his extended family obviously runs the San Diego ones. Was excited we got one, their Carne Asada is very good. Sam Diego legends.
beerman
OsoCoreyell said:

trey3216 said:

OsoCoreyell said:

What would be really cool would be actually beating TCU in football every so often ….. maybe that would help curb some of his fandom.

BaylorHistory
beerman said:

OsoCoreyell said:

trey3216 said:

OsoCoreyell said:

What would be really cool would be actually beating TCU in football every so often ….. maybe that would help curb some of his fandom.

I'm pretty sure that's not allowed.
Biscuits_and_Gravy
OsoCoreyell said:

trey3216 said:

OsoCoreyell said:

This is such a tired discussion. Craig Smoak is an unabashed OU fan, David is a Nebraska fan and Paul supports one of those teams in Florida yet no one is calling for a boycott of the 365 Sports show. They currently have the new TCU uniforms posted/pinned on X, closet frog fans as well?
falconbear
Biscuits_and_Gravy said:

OsoCoreyell said:

trey3216 said:

OsoCoreyell said:

This is such a tired discussion. Craig Smoak is an unabashed OU fan, David is a Nebraska fan and Paul supports one of those teams in Florida yet no one is calling for a boycott of the 365 Sports show. They currently have the new TCU uniforms posted/pinned on X, closet frog fans as well?

It was more the gloating and spitting in his customers faces after a brutal loss, but ok.
baylor1984
Don't **** on your customers who a high percentage are Baylor fans. Craig, David, and Paul never do that and act and carry themselves with class where this clown shat all over his BU customers.
SteamedHams
Isn't trash talk in college football half the fun? Why are our panties getting so twisted here?

College football rivalries are the best part of the spectacle, are we all supposed to hold hands and sing Kumbaya? I don't get it.
trey3216
SteamedHams said:

Isn't trash talk in college football half the fun? Why are our panties getting so twisted here?

College football rivalries are the best part of the spectacle, are we all supposed to hold hands and sing Kumbaya? I don't get it.
These are the same type of people that want to blame the Baylor admin for everything, that blame ESPN and the referees for everything, that refuse to admit the 2022 team very well should have been 9-3 if it weren't for missed PAT's and short field goals, and a host of other things. They're not happy unless they have something to complain about on the keyboard, and they'd rarely voice any of the same things in public around the people they point the finger at behind the keyboard.
BUbearinARK
SteamedHams said:

#SexistPost

My thong is ill adjusted, but no need to be crass.
BaylorHistory
falconbear said:

Biscuits_and_Gravy said:

OsoCoreyell said:

trey3216 said:

OsoCoreyell said:

It was more the gloating and spitting in his customers faces after a brutal loss, but ok.

He spit on people?
BUbearinARK
BaylorHistory said:

falconbear said:

Biscuits_and_Gravy said:

OsoCoreyell said:

trey3216 said:

OsoCoreyell said:

He spit on people?

Not people. Baylor attendees.
BaylorHistory
Ate at Roberto's today and it's really good. The wife got the chile relleno burrito and really liked it and I liked the California Burrito.

Their location spread is hilarious right now.

8 in the San Diego area
1 in Lubbock
1 in Waco
PartyBear
I think they have several in Nevada.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.