WHISKEY

8,278 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DaRealBears
El Oso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Ethridge said:

Buffalo Trace x 5 if on the trail

Getting harder and harder to find at the liquor store.

I've got an unopened bottle buried in the back of a closet though.
WILLIS
Whiskey guy at Specs said the other day Sazerac is intentionally creating this artificial demand by barely distributing product. They also own Weller 12 which is nearly impossible to find. Even the W.L. Weller is getting difficult to find. Anyways, he was annoyed with the company and tired of everyone asking when they will get more BT and Weller.
bularry
WILLIS said:

Whiskey guy at Specs said the other day Sazerac is intentionally creating this artificial demand by barely distributing product. They also own Weller 12 which is nearly impossible to find. Even the W.L. Weller is getting difficult to find. Anyways, he was annoyed with the company and tired of everyone asking when they will get more BT and Weller.
i agree with your whiskey guy, F them
Yogi
El Oso said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Buffalo Trace x 5 if on the trail

Getting harder and harder to find at the liquor store.

I've got an unopened bottle buried in the back of a closet though.
Which is exactly why we shouldn't be advertising it on a website that supports the world's largest Baptist University.

The temperance movement was great in that it lowered demand so that Catholics, Methodists, Lutherans and other heathens like me could enjoy greater supply with less demand and lower prices.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Pam Manhart
Discovered 10th Mountain in Colorado. Yummy and reasonably priced. I bought the rye but they seemed to be doing a good job all around It was unclear if they're still distributing in Texas but if you run across it I recommend giving it a try
Pam Manhart
Saw a post that Aranda was celebrating with a glass of Sazerac. Looks like it might be a Louisiana distillery Anyone tried it?
BUbearinARK
Pam Manhart said:

Saw a post that Aranda was celebrating with a glass of Sazerac. Looks like it might be a Louisiana distillery Anyone tried it?
Sazerac goes back to the first cocktail of all time.
Camo08
Sazerac distillery tours were hopping this week in N.O.! I had one for the first time on Friday night. That whiskey/cognac taste is interesting. Not a bad option as a New Year's eve or maybe a post dinner drink. Probably wouldn't drink it regularly throughout the year.
DaRealBears
WILLIS said:

"Sazerac" (Buffalo Trace Distillery) is in the middle of a 1.2 billion dollar expansion plan that they announced over 2 years ago to double the total production of whiskey at the distillery, so this rumor seems absurdly silly. Fact of the matter is the bourbon bubble is at an all time high. Once new demand slows and the new capacity comes online, it will be easier to find these allocated bourbons again. Unfortunately that's still years down the road.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.