Waco
Sponsored By

Chip and Joanna are converting the Karem building on 7th and Washington into a hotel.

1,753 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by trey3216
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As per the Trib and other local media.
trey3216
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PartyBear said:

As per the Trib and other local media.


Indeed. It's been known about for a while and talked about in several different areas. Such a great building. I think it'll be a wonderful project.
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I didn't think it had been announced to be a hotel. It had been known that they purchased it in the Spring sometime I think. I had heard speculation about it being offices or shops etc.
trey3216
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PartyBear said:

I didn't think it had been announced to be a hotel. It had been known that they purchased it in the Spring sometime I think. I had heard speculation about it being offices or shops etc.
When they first purchased it they talked about turning it into a boutique hotel.
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Edmond Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Link to the portfolio of the company that will be redoing the hotel - AJ Capital - https://ajcpt.com/portfolio

Their work looks really nice and will be unique in Waco + another rooftop bar. I'm there!

boxster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How many rooms can a 50k sq foot building hold, with all those meeting spaces...40-50 tops?

What he wants people to know about Baylor football: I want people to see that Baylor is the class of college football. Record GPAs, 26 different majors, guys challenging themselves to be the best they can be. Guys working in the community and guys working to be the best they can be in football. Want people to know Baylor is a great place as a University. -Coach Matt Rhule
trey3216
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boxster said:

How many rooms can a 50k sq foot building hold, with all those meeting spaces...40-50 tops?


Probably 25-30. Like I said. A boutique hotel.
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Boernebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boxster said:

How many rooms can a 50k sq foot building hold, with all those meeting spaces...40-50 tops?


Yes, I'd say 40-50 is accurate but depends on how much space they dedicate to common areas, restaurant, ballroom, meeting space, etc. I would expect the guest rooms to mostly be 300-400 square feet each with a handful larger than that.

I'm really excited about this project; I'm a block away and can't wait to have another restaurant and rooftop bar option and more activity in general!
Edmond Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

They'll stay booked even at $400/nt. There's lot of Magnolia crazy ladies.
bularry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Edmond Bear said:


Link to the portfolio of the company that will be redoing the hotel - AJ Capital - https://ajcpt.com/portfolio

Their work looks really nice and will be unique in Waco + another rooftop bar. I'm there!




I'm in for rooftop bar!
Meladee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OsoCoreyell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
God bless them for continuing to remake and "fix-up" Waco.
WILLIS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Will they serve alcohol at their rooftop bar?
Edmond Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

It will be empty if they don't.
Grumpy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is there a parking lot or garage for the hotel to use?
Dia del DougO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Perfect location for the new Papadeaux.
Grimm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I believe they purchased the property across the street to build a parking structure...
bowdedg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Grimm said:

I believe they purchased the property across the street to build a parking structure...
This is correct. They did purchase the property across the street.
pitchman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As a Waco mason, I can tell you that it was Karem Shrine inter-lodge politics that lead to the unfortunate sale of that amazing building. Enormous, ornate ballroom where they used to hold the Cotton palace balls of my youth. Huge billiard parlor with slate tables and huge, leather chairs to sit in. Damn disgrace Waco is really losing that building to create yet another hotel, but I am glad the building is no longer vacant.
You can't win them all.
trey3216
How long do you want to ignore this user?
pitchman said:

As a Waco mason, I can tell you that it was Karem Shrine inter-lodge politics that lead to the unfortunate sale of that amazing building. Enormous, ornate ballroom where they used to hold the Cotton palace balls of my youth. Huge billiard parlor with slate tables and huge, leather chairs to sit in. Damn disgrace Waco is really losing that building to create yet another hotel, but I am glad the building is no longer vacant.
You can't win them all.


It's frustrating that we had to get rid of the building. Would be much more fun having our events there still
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Page 1 of 1
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.