Fmr Midway administrator indicted in 2016 hit-and-run that left Baylor student dead

23,465 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by cowboycwr
trey3216
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yogi said:

How many gods does thus planet have in total?

"When someone asks if you're a god, you say YES!!"
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BearConvert
Trial currently set for May 20th
SteamedHams
BearConvert said:

I have McLennan County jury duty in mid April...
SteamedHams
BearConvert said:

I wonder if this ever happened….
BearConvert
Heard it got postponed again.
Moondoggie
She hit him then refused to render potentially life -saving aid. aid. Probably deserves the maximum sentence, but i bet that never happens.
MrGolfguy
Update: Trail set to begin this week

kwtx.com/2024/01/28/trial-former-waco-educator-charged-hit-and-run-death-baylor-student-set-begin-this-week/
SteamedHams
MrGolfguy said:

Update: Trail set to begin this week

kwtx.com/2024/01/28/trial-former-waco-educator-charged-hit-and-run-death-baylor-student-set-begin-this-week/

About…freaking…time.
Harrison Bergeron
Thanks for the update. This popped in my mind last week.
cowboycwr
8 years later.... just unbelievable. What ever happened to that line about a speedy trial?????

Edit: I forgot she didn't get arrested until 3 years later but still 5 years...
Robert Wilson
cowboycwr said:

8 years later.... just unbelievable. What ever happened to that line about a speedy trial?????

Edit: I forgot she didn't get arrested until 3 years later but still 5 years...
Current DA is working through an absurd backlog left by the last 2 DAs.
Harrison Bergeron
Curious if anyone is familiar with the details .. is there compelling evidence against her outside of the anonymous tips?
SteamedHams
Harrison Bergeron said:

Curious if anyone is familiar with the details .. is there compelling evidence against her outside of the anonymous tips?
She went to a bodyshop outside of town, blood was found on her car underneath some of the repairs, etc.

What will be really fun, and curious to see how much is allowed out, is the cabal of Midway who's-who she was with that night in the lead up to her intoxicated spree. Having looked through the list of folks subpoenaed, there are many familiar, eyebrow-raising names that promise some fireworks should they have some involvement.

I am sure some plaintiffs attorney(s) is waiting to absolutely pounce pending the conclusion of this trial.
MrGolfguy
kwtx.com/2024/02/01/girlfriend-asks-god-stay-with-him-after-boyfriend-killed-hit-and-run/
Fat Daddy
Steamed, go ahead, share that list!!!!!
4th and Inches
I was called to jury duty this week but wasnt picked.. they had a huge jury pool this week, biggest i have seen in years
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
SteamedHams
Fat Daddy said:

Steamed, go ahead, share that list!!!!!
Every name that's been subpoenaed so far, including the (now former) Midway Superintendent, Midway Assistant Superintendent, Midway PR Director, Midway HR Director.

• Dr Emily Ogden
  • Luis Almaguer
  • Misty Cunningham
  • Bret Page
  • Luke Brisco
  • Jennifer Duncan
  • Brd Skaggs
  • Anita Gomez
  • John Clark
  • Brandon Ferguson
  • Chris Jones
  • Marissa Salley - Popham
  • Ashley Young-Roy
  • Saragosa Reyes
  • Ron Hollingsworth
  • Joseph Seaman
  • Keith Vaughn
  • Ashley Young (Roy)
  • Traci Marlin
  • Dr Matthew Huff
  • William Quinton Harlan
  • Kaitlyn Morris
  • Jason Lassiter
  • Gwendolyn Crowder
  • Mary Lou Glaesmann
  • Serina Zobril
  • Steven Wright
  • Michael Murry
  • Jennifer Husak
  • Joyce Marek
  • Kayla Richardson
  • James "Bo" Blair
  • Brooke Baker
  • Sandy Cole
  • Serena Zboril
  • Katrina Battle
  • Hannah Noel Ashley-Abbe
  • Kyle Walton
  • Paula Villasanta
  • Alejandro Pececho
  • Ryan Dangignac
  • At&t Representative
  • Jennifer Husak Koenig
  • Dr. Matthew Huff
  • Hannah Ashley
  • Clark Grotberg
  • Diane Grotberg
  • Thomas Grotberg
  • Sarah Grotberg
  • Elizabeth Danielson
  • Mary Grotberg Chamoun
  • Alexandra Grotberg
  • Willliam Quinton Harlan
  • Brent Merritt
  • Dr. Emily Ogden
  • Michael Murry
  • Ryan Dandignac
  • Charles Miles
  • Semeon Charles
  • Kimberly Coker
  • Dr.George Kazanas
Fat Daddy
What do the highlighted / bolded names indicate / represent? Are those the positions you specifically mentioned?
Robert Wilson
So these are just people who were at a get-together she attended before?

If that's the case, seems like overkill (and not very cool) to be listing all their names on this forum.
SteamedHams
Robert Wilson said:

If that's the case, seems like overkill (and not very cool) to be listing all their names on this forum.

This is all publicly available information. It remains to be seen who was called for what reason (could be the get-together, could be more other reasons), but those are the names that have been subpoenaed, which is public record.

Now, I know for a fact which names were at said gathering, but given that that is not (yet) public, I'll refrain from sharing that.
SteamedHams
Fat Daddy said:

What do the highlighted / bolded names indicate / represent? Are those the positions you specifically mentioned?
Correct, those highlighted names that the aforementioned Midway top-brass.
Robert Wilson
SteamedHams said:

Robert Wilson said:

This is all publicly available information.
Sure, it's technically public. But compiling all those names with some vague explanation as to how they might be involved and throwing them on a public message board is another matter. I'm not saying it's illegal or anything - just unnecessary and tacky.

And I'm not close with any of those people, fwiw, just wouldn't see any reason to have me or mine treated that way if someone left a big gathering any of us attended and ran over somebody.
SteamedHams
Robert Wilson said:

SteamedHams said:

Robert Wilson said:

This is all publicly available information.
Sure, it's technically public. But compiling all those names with some vague explanation as to how they might be involved and throwing them on a public message board is another matter. I'm not saying it's illegal or anything - just unnecessary and tacky.

And I'm not close with any of those people, fwiw, just wouldn't see any reason to have me or mine treated that way if someone left a big gathering any of us attended and ran over somebody.
Agree to disagree then, I suppose. I made no inference of to any specific person's involvement, just that they were subpoenaed in the case.
Volunteer
Been following Tommy Witherspoon's (KWTX) tweets during the trial. It sure seems like the Waco PD and the DA could have done a much better job. As of today it's in the hands of the jury. I think she walks. I also think she's guilty. I feel bad for the family of that young man that was killed.
Blackjack Bear
Just now found guilty
TenBears
Man, this strikes me as being a tough one. I hope justice was done.
beerman
TenBears said:

How so?

Heard they let her go home tonight, is that "usual and customary"……asking legal community here.
Biscuits_and_Gravy
https://www2.baylor.edu/baylorproud/2017/10/god-is-good-remembering-david-grotberg/
Volunteer
Blackjack Bear said:

Just now found guilty
I was wrong. I figured she would walk. The attorney for the defense did a very good job and I thought the jury might buy what he was selling. To me it seemed pretty clear she did it.
Fat Daddy
beerman said:

TenBears said:

How so?

Heard they let her go home tonight, is that "usual and customary"……asking legal community here.

She has been "home" for 8 years… one more night should be ok. Unless she gets probation, I would think they would take her into custody at the conclusion of the punishment phase.
TenBears
beerman said:

TenBears said:

How so?

I just meant the length of time to prosecution, lack of video/witnesses, etc. It sounded like not an open and shut case.
beerman
TenBears said:

beerman said:

TenBears said:

How so?

I just meant the length of time to prosecution, lack of video/witnesses, etc. It sounded like not an open and shut case.

Well, the star witness was dead…..the girlfriend identified the car….the defendant made an effort to hide her car in Marlin….the defendant told a co-worker she hit someone with her vehicle….I think we could go on an on but there certainly seemed to have been a number of factors that made the DAs/PDs jobs more difficult. And I agree with you, the length of time that passed was a travesty.

I am praying the jury does some justice for that young man's family today.
cowboycwr
TenBears said:

beerman said:

TenBears said:

How so?

I think the length of time was awful. There was a several year period where police didn't have any leads until an anonymous letter led them to her.

There may not have been witnesses or video but there was enough there to point to her like others have said.
Franko
Volunteer said:

Been following Tommy Witherspoon's (KWTX) tweets during the trial. It sure seems like the Waco PD and the DA could have done a much better job. As of today it's in the hands of the jury. I think she walks. I also think she's guilty. I feel bad for the family of that young man that was killed.
I've learned that you can't rely on Witherspoon's live tweeting to give you a real feel for how things are going in a trial. I've sat in the courtroom where he was live tweeting and scratched my head at what he missed that was important.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
TenBears
beerman said:

TenBears said:

beerman said:

TenBears said:

How so?

Well, the star witness was dead…..the girlfriend identified the car….the defendant made an effort to hide her car in Marlin….the defendant told a co-worker she hit someone with her vehicle….I think we could go on an on but there certainly seemed to have been a number of factors that made the DAs/PDs jobs more difficult. And I agree with you, the length of time that passed was a travesty.

I am praying the jury does some justice for that young man's family today.

Agreed. I'm wondering if they found the car, and if it was damaged. The hiding the car evidence you mention sounds strong.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.