New Hotels Coming to Waco Updated August, 2020

9,330 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by trey3216
UBBY
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://wacoheartoftexas.com/new-hotels-coming-to-waco/

Here is a recap of area hotel construction activity:
Hotels opened in 2018-20

• Hilton Garden Inn 111 rooms Opened September, 2018.
  • La Quinta Del Sol 101 rooms Opened October, 2018.
  • Hyatt Place 125 rooms Opened December, 2019.
  • Towneplace Suites Lacy Lakeview 85 rooms Opened December, 2019.
  • TRU by Hilton 98 rooms Opened August, 2020.
  • Residence Inn 104 rooms Opened August, 2020
Hotels Under Construction
Here are hotels in the market that are actively under construction.

• Aloft 117 rooms nearing completion. At 900 S. 11th St.
  • Springhill Suites 125 rooms nearing completion at I-35 and University Parks Drive
  • Element Hotel by Westin 105 rooms. Under construction. Located near the Circle.
  • Cambria Suites 132 rooms (Near Bridge St. & Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.)
  • EVEN hotel 128 rooms (Near Bridge St. & Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.)

Announced Projects
These projects have been announced and covered in the Waco media.

• Holiday Inn Express 101 rooms (Near Bridge St. & Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.)
  • Embassy Suites 168 rooms (former Downtown 301 space)
  • Grant Hotel 354 rooms (near Martin Luther King Jr Blvd and Highway 77)
  • Hyatt Place Downtown Waco 110 rooms (near Embassy Suites)
Old300Bear
Also, the Pivovar will supposedly have some rooms I think. Also the old Karem Temple is due to become a boutique hotel for Chip and Jo.

http://harrellrealestateteam.com/pivovar-a-czech-inspired-brewery-restaurant-bakery-and-hotel-receives-development-incentives/
Fred Barber
UBBY
I went to Bellmead recently and I think they are putting a hotel nearby the Holiday Inn.

Also, a housing development in between the La Vega elementary and middle school. I counted about 160 new houses with room for maybe twice that amount to be built.
T-REX
UBBY said:

I went to Bellmead recently and I think they are putting a hotel nearby the Holiday Inn.

Also, a housing development in between the La Vega elementary and middle school. I counted about 160 new houses with room for maybe twice that amount to be built.
that development has been being built for years. 15 years ago it was all woods there basically. Then jr high got built and school district residents opposed a water park going there. Finally cleared it out like 10 years ago for building. Not surprised its taking years to build there as its not exactly a desirable area. I grew up on timbercrest which is about the nicest neighborhood in LV school district lol & even then houses are less than 150k usually. New build prices with busy as hell loop 340 due to i35 construction and ****ty LV school district? I would spend 100k to live there
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
T-REX
T-REX said:

UBBY said:

that development has been being built for years. 15 years ago it was all woods there basically. Then jr high got built and school district residents opposed a water park going there. Finally cleared it out like 10 years ago for building. Not surprised its taking years to build there as its not exactly a desirable area. I grew up on timbercrest which is about the nicest neighborhood in LV school district lol & even then houses are less than 150k usually. New build prices with busy as hell loop 340 due to i35 construction and ****ty LV school district? I would spend 100k to live there
and yes a new hotel is being built in bellmead near the existing holiday inn near home depot
Baylor MBA 2023
Boernebear
Also the AC Marriott planned on 6th St on the current Olmsted site, the Geyser Ice boutique hotel development and the potential for a hotel as part of the Riverfront site near Robinson Tower. There is also the potential for up to three hotels on the Cottonwood Creek Market/NewQuest site behind Cinemark.
BaylorHistory
T-REX said:

UBBY said:

Yeah we're looking to buy and the prices are so low there because La Vega and it's horrible traffic wise. I'm not sure I would pick a house in the cramped subdivision for $30K if I was forced to live in it and couldn't rent it out.

Is that area off Air Base (Ridgecrest) La Vega or Connally schools? It's not bad especially in the back.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
T-REX
BaylorHistory said:

T-REX said:

UBBY said:

Yeah we're looking to buy and the prices are so low there because La Vega and it's horrible traffic wise. I'm not sure I would pick a house in the cramped subdivision for $30K if I was forced to live in it and couldn't rent it out.

Is that area off Air Base (Ridgecrest) La Vega or Connally schools? It's not bad especially in the back.
im not 100% sure. That area starts getting tricky on school district if its the same as when I went to LV. Depends on how fsr down you go i think
Baylor MBA 2023
BaylorHistory
T-REX said:

BaylorHistory said:

T-REX said:

UBBY said:

im not 100% sure. That area starts getting tricky on school district if its the same as when I went to LV. Depends on how fsr down you go i think
I googled it and it looks like Meyers Lane is the cutoff so all of that is LV ISD.

This map is really fun to play with
https://tea-texas.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=51f0c8fa684c4d399d8d182e6edd5d97
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
Nguyen One Soon
Too bad we don't have some extra rooms. UH is staying in College Station Friday night. Going to be an early morning for them.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
BaylorHistory said:

T-REX said:

BaylorHistory said:

T-REX said:

UBBY said:

I googled it and it looks like Meyers Lane is the cutoff so all of that is LV ISD.

This map is really fun to play with
https://tea-texas.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=51f0c8fa684c4d399d8d182e6edd5d97
Meyers Lane was the old cutoff and I guess nothing has changed as where I grew up was the divider and still is for West.
Showtime
Old300Bear said:

Also, the Pivovar will supposedly have some rooms I think. Also the old Karem Temple is due to become a boutique hotel for Chip and Jo.

http://harrellrealestateteam.com/pivovar-a-czech-inspired-brewery-restaurant-bakery-and-hotel-receives-development-incentives/

Is the Karem deal still on? I thought I read they killed that deal.
Boernebear
They own the building and did some minimal work but my understanding is that they are slow playing the design since hotel demand has diminished dramatically this year. They originally hoped to open by late next year I believe; I'm guessing they don't want to open before late 2022 at this point.
southtexasbear
Is that a hotel going up on 8th street right behind Magnolia (on 8th between mary & Jackson Ave)?
Edmond Bear
southtexasbear said:

Is that a hotel going up on 8th street right behind Magnolia (on 8th between mary & Jackson Ave)?

I think you are referring to Pivovar mentioned above.

Weston Rogers
Boernebear said:

Also the AC Marriott planned on 6th St on the current Olmsted site, the Geyser Ice boutique hotel development and the potential for a hotel as part of the Riverfront site near Robinson Tower. There is also the potential for up to three hotels on the Cottonwood Creek Market/NewQuest site behind Cinemark.
The original Geyser Ice plan from a few years ago has been scrapped... New owner now and looking for someone to develop.
southtexasbear
Edmond Bear said:

southtexasbear said:

I think you are referring to Pivovar mentioned above.

Thanks. I thought they bought the building in the corner of Washington and 7th. The old government building.
Boernebear
Two different projects. The one on 8th is not related to Magnolia. It's a Czech themed restaurant/brewery/bakery with boutique hotel above.
Edmond Bear

The building at Washington and 7th is the former Karem Temple, then a Waco government building. It was purchased by Magnolia to convert to a boutique hotel.

The building next to The Silos at 8th and Jackson is Pivovar which will become a Czech restaurant, brewery, and boutique hotel.

Tiny Elvis
Is the Grant Hotel going to be ready by Homecoming or not?
Edmond Bear
Tiny Elvis said:

Yes, for BYOT(ent).

trey3216
Edmond Bear said:

Tiny Elvis said:

Yes, for BYOT(ent).

Or BYOT(ransportstion)
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
UBBY
UBBY
UBBY
New Hotels Coming to Waco Updated June, 2021 Waco & The Heart of Texas (wacoheartoftexas.com)

Updated with no mention of Grant Hotel anymore.
trey3216
UBBY said:

New Hotels Coming to Waco Updated June, 2021 Waco & The Heart of Texas (wacoheartoftexas.com)

I don't know why that even needed to be included. It's been known from the get go that there was never going to be a Grant Hotel.
Edmond Bear
UBBY said:

Thanks for the update. It's nice to see Waco continuing to grow.
BaylorHistory
trey3216 said:

UBBY said:

Yeah covid was the best thing that ever happened to that idea.

I don't know why that even needed to be included. It's been known from the get go that there was never going to be a Grant Hotel.
BaylorHistory
BaylorHistory said:

trey3216 said:

UBBY said:

trey3216
BaylorHistory said:

BaylorHistory said:

trey3216 said:

UBBY said:

Covid had nothing to do with it
BaylorHistory
trey3216 said:

BaylorHistory said:

BaylorHistory said:

trey3216 said:

UBBY said:

Yeah but it sure gave them the perfect excuse.
trey3216
BaylorHistory said:

trey3216 said:

BaylorHistory said:

BaylorHistory said:

trey3216 said:

UBBY said:

Yeah but it sure gave them the perfect excuse.
no doubt
Brian Ethridge
Staff
We got neighbors:

Cambria Suites 132 rooms (Near Bridge St. & Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.)
EVEN hotel 128 rooms (Near Bridge St. & Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.)
burg0047
We live in China Spring and believe the area is ripe for a small hotel of some sort. It's wild how far from the airport the nearest hotel is. Obviously the focus on hotel growth is downtown, Magnolia, Baylor... but there seems to be enough population and activity out this way to support a nice, smaller hotel.
Eleven-League Grant
burg0047 said:

... there seems to be enough population and activity out this way to support a nice, smaller hotel.
Perhaps Bellmead's Delta Inn is interested in franchising their 'concept'.

On second thought ...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.